Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1355

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

art by bishamonthegoddessofsexiness
    Last edited by juan678; 06-18-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Wish Quicksilver would get a bigger role in the comics. Hell, he hasn't even had a major love interest since Crystal right?

BANNED

I miss the 616 Quicksilver and 616 Crystal pairing.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I don't. It was a disaster from beginning to end. No, I would rather he get some solid storylines (that didn't have Wanda as his sole motivation) and then try for a romance. I was always fond of Pietro with Storm, even if it has only happened in AUs.

The Pietro --and romance always seemed..trite, trival, rountine and forced to me. I know Crystal nursed a severely injured Pietro back to health, but I never felt like there was a real connection, common elements or interests or any real Sparks there.

Pietro needs someone new where there can be some time (years) where the characters get to know each other and grow together. I just don't know which character would be a right connection for Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The Pietro --and romance always seemed..trite, trival, rountine and forced to me. I know Crystal nursed a severely injured Pietro back to health, but I never felt like there was a real connection, common elements or interests or any real Sparks there.
    They really didn't have a core reason Pietro wanted to be with Crystal back then or at least one beyond perceived Wanda similarity.

By the time they were married with kids though even with the break by the 90s it was like a lot of relationships about the kids not a romantic interest that long died out.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-30-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Ah. I never saw that panel before, so I didn't know about the Wanda connection. Although, I never saw Crystal or Wanda as being the same--that had to be Pietro's perspective or projection. Crystal was usually secure, confident and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah. I never saw that panel before, so I didn't know about the Wanda connection. Although, I never saw Crystal or Wanda as being the same--that had to be Pietro's perspective or projection. Crystal was usually secure, confident and strong.
    Crystal as I see it puts an outward face of strong confidence while hiding a degree of uncertainty below the surface. It made for some funny moments.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-30-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I miss the 616 Quicksilver and 616 Crystal pairing.
    I like the relation they have with Luna but the actual relationship was a straight up disaster after Crystal cheated. There was really no coming back from that. I'd rather Pietro have a different relationship while being friendly with Crystal for Luna's sake

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

What do you think about Pietro coming out as bi? That panel above and another (also in X-Factor by Peter David) about Rictor possible having a fling with him, his Evolution version, even the latest HoM mini and his interaction with Namor, have always made me wonder if he's completely straight.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I don't. It was a disaster from beginning to end. No, I would rather he get some solid storylines (that didn't have Wanda as his sole motivation) and then try for a romance. I was always fond of Pietro with Storm, even if it has only happened in AUs.
    I think that would be a really interesting pairing. One thing that I've been thinking about is that I'd like to see Pietro essentially replace Magneto in a lot of stories. They just keep bringing Magneto back and I really like to see Quicksilver lead a team. Or maybe even more than a team. He's very smart. He has time to study problems. He's been trained in martial arts by some of the best people. He said years of access to both Shield and X Men info Banks. And seeing all the mistakes and all the other leaders have made plus learning from his own mistakes it just seems like he's due for a spotlight. I get tired of seeing him lose to other speedsters like blur.
    I don't want him to do the hair shirt for Wanda anymore or costly be controlled a characterization that is essentially dictated by him wrapped around the women in his life constantly. Wanda Polaris Crystal and his daughter. I think this point I'd like to see him just merge with ultimate Quicksilver the evil version or just let every one of those Magneto events from the last year replaced by Quicksilver instead. Oh and give him magic blade or at least some armor that keeps them from being mind-controlled. Something. One of my favorite he just doesn't get it any of the growth one would want want to see your favorite character get
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

If you've been following Pietro during SECRET EMPIRE; then you might enjoyed his recent cameo within AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #30.