Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1355
    Ultimate Member

Yeah cisco, in the main 616 Marvel Universe Magneto only has one child, Lorna, who knows how long that retcon will last...

Not a lot about Quicksilver I can appreciate. He isn't even Magneto's kid anymore. So the Mutant royalty angle is gone. And without that..who is he? He is a guy who runs fast.

The problem is he is owned by a company that doesn't do a very good job with that skill.

It's impossible to talk about Quicksilver without talking about the other guy. The guy who lives across the street. The guy who works for The Distinguished Competition and wears red. That guy isn't just a speedster he is the speedster, so much so that I think that screws with Quicksilver. I call it The Moonknight Problem.

Just like Moonknight Quicksilver has a great superhero name.
    Just like Moonknight Quicksilver is very striking visually.
    Just like Moonknight Quicksilver has a more famous counterpart working at DC.
    Just like Moonknight Marvel comics is so terrified that someone will call them a ripoff that they go so far out of their way to be different that they end up making a mess out of the character and thrashing about for a direction.

What do you folks think?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-14-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Ultimate Member

Pietro is no more of a royal than say Fidel Castro's son would be royal, and Pietro was a worthwhile character without having anything to do with Magneto for years so who his father is doesn't define him...

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Not a lot about Quicksilver I can appreciate. He isn't even Magneto's kid anymore. So the Mutant royalty angle is gone. And without that..who is he? He is a guy who runs fast.

The problem is he is owned by a company that doesn't do a very good job with that skill.

It's impossible to talk about Quicksilver without talking about the other guy. The guy who lives across the street. The guy who works for The Distinguished Competition and wears read. That guy isn't just a speedster he is the speedster, so much so that I think that screws with Quicksilver. I call it The Moonknight Problem.

Just like Moonknight Quicksilver has a great superhero name.
    Just like Moonknight Quicksilver is very striking visually.
    Just like Moonknight Quicksilver has a more famous counterpart working at DC.
    Just like Moonknight Marvel comics is so terrified that someone will call them a ripoff that they go so far out of their way to be different that they end up making a mess out of the character and thrashing about four a direction.

What do you folks think?
    I would definitely say that was a big problem before the Fox and MCU movies, and definitely now that Justice League is out. Before, Pietro was a much, much slower Flash who had only the distinguishing features of being a mutant, former super villain, and the only son and heir of the premiere mutant super villain, so those parts were played up in media outside of the comics. Now that the movies are out, Pietro is also known to be hideously fast to the point Wired actually wrote an article that suggests he bends time/space like a living alcubierre drive; that his cinematic (Fox) scenes blow Berry's out of the water. What he really needs now is to have a larger spotlight on him than just his powers, like connecting with his father, perhaps even joining him in Genosha. He also needs a bigger spotlight in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I would definitely say that was a big problem before the Fox and MCU movies, and definitely now that Justice League is out. Before, Pietro was a much, much slower Flash who had only the distinguishing features of being a mutant, former super villain, and the only son and heir of the premiere mutant super villain, so those parts were played up in media outside of the comics. Now that the movies are out, Pietro is also known to be hideously fast to the point Wired actually wrote an article that suggests he bends time/space like a living alcubierre drive; that his cinematic (Fox) scenes blow Berry's out of the water. What he really needs now is to have a larger spotlight on him than just his powers, like connecting with his father, perhaps even joining him in Genosha. He also needs a bigger spotlight in the comics.

Two steps forward one step back, he died in Avengers Age Of Ultron. But the X-Men movies was a step in the right direction, hopefully Disney doesn't reboot and if they do they decide to stick with the character. The Flash can afford to have a lacklustre outing due to the fact that DC is dedicated to the character on three fronts, comics movies and television. Quicksilver is reliant on a very fickle movie landscape and his comics support is....meh.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I agre with you, Quicksilver need to have a larger spotlight on him, no only have his power it also his character grow in the movie, on the side of his father in Genosha or lonely

Ultimate Member

Last I checked Magneto wasn't in Genosha, unless I'm mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Last I checked Magneto wasn't in Genosha, unless I'm mistaken...
    mmm yes, I remember is his young daughter taking his place and I thing Erik was lossing (or dead??) I dont remember soo much that part

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

In the upcoming Dark Phoenix film, Magneto has established Genosha as a sanctuary for mutants. Supposedly, Jean will join him as the Phoenix gains greater control over her. I'd like to see Pietro join his father, to not only finish that dangling plot line of revealing their connection, but in learning more about each other. Start maturing as he takes on more responsibility, not just fun music scenes. In the comics, I would like to see his lineage as the mutant son of Magneto restored, and for him to join the X-Men. Get out among his people again, talk with his nephews, maybe attend therapy with Doc Sampson. Explore his powers, establish him as the fastest man alive in the Marvel universe, maybe explore the Nestor plotline. There has to be a reason Pietro keeps being visited by older versions of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SSminos View Post
    mmm yes, I remember is his young daughter taking his place and I thing Erik was lossing (or dead??) I dont remember soo much that part
    I think you are talking about the last X-Men animated series that aired about a decade ago.

Lorna took over the dead and the machines in the nation which was all that was left after it was wiped out and everyone else including Pietro and Magneto killed.

In the comics Marvel decided to wipe out Genosha again and even sink it last year most likely because in the coming x-film is going to include it. Now that the Fox and Marvel conflict is over it will be interesting to see what happens again in the comics and animated series if they start repairing the stuff that was smashed during the corporate live action rights conflict.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-16-2017 at 02:00 PM.

BANNED

The animated Magneto's hair color is not the same as the animated Quiksilver's lazy colorists

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The animated Magneto's hair color is not the same as the animated Quiksilver's lazy colorists
    I always looked at it like they wanted to make Pietro's silvery-white hair unique to him. In the comics, Magneto's white hair looks just like Pietro's hair, which I never liked. At least the animated show tried to make them different. Even way back then, could they have been hinting at the lack of parentage??

BANNED

I on the other hand have always liked Magneto and Quicksilver's hair colour to be the same..
    ..and I absolutely ADORE that Wanda looks like Magda.

From Uncanny X-Men #125

Although I never red about an explanation of Magneto being a brunette when telling Black Bolt how he escaped from his prison.

From Amazing Adventures #9

Has it been established as to his the faster mutant: Quicksilver or Northstar?

Do these two have any significant on panel moments together?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

I do not think so.