Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

If Batman '66 teams up with Spider-Man, it should be the Spidey from The Electric Company.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    If Batman '66 teams up with Spider-Man, it should be the Spidey from The Electric Company.

I think Marvel/(now)Disney characters are off limits.
    If you want a DC/Electric Co. cross over there's always Batman / that other Blue Beetle-
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-16-2015 at 02:33 PM.

"Batman, isn't that..."
    "Easy, old chum, it's probably a trap."

And if there are problems getting to a chronologically challenged time... (yeah, same joke)

Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 07-14-2015 at 12:34 PM.

If you're allowing access to the Time Tunnel, then another show, which actually ran concurrently with batman 66 was Wild Wild West (ran 1965-1969).

Featured a similar "camp" tone, with an endless cast of character villains and over the top gadgets action and plots.
    James West and Artemus Gordon as counterparts to Batman & Robin.
    West even had a butler/valet in Tennyson.
    And they had their own version of Commissioner Gordon calling them to action with Colonel Richmond.
    They can load the Batmobile onto the tracks with the Wanderer (pretty much their traveling batcave with crime lab).

Analogous to the Joker Penguin Catwoman trio they have - Dr. Miguelito Loveless, Antoinette & Voltaire, if you want to make it four with Ridler, add Count Carlos Mario Vincenzo Robespierre Manzeppi.

The meeting of Loveless and Penguin alone and them plotting together would be brilliant! All these colorful villains would make such a great team-up.
    And if they really want to tie it all together make Artemus Gordon the great ancestor of James Gordon.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-15-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Retired

Michael Dunn played the recurring villain Dr. Miguelito Loveless on THE WILD WILD WEST, but he also played the villain Mr. Sin on BURKE'S LAW--and for that you don't need time travel.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Man From UNCLE is not on the poll. For shame!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Man From UNCLE is not on the poll. For shame!
    I think I'd prefer the Girl from U.N.C.L.E.--April Dancer (Stefanie Powers)--ably assisted by Mark Slate (Noel Harrison).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think I'd prefer the Girl from U.N.C.L.E.--April Dancer (Stefanie Powers)--ably assisted by Mark Slate (Noel Harrison).
    If 66 Batman can have Batgirl, than it's a given a x/over with Man from U.N.C.L.E would include the Girl from U.N.C.L.E. ; )

Barbara Gordon(Yvonne Craig) and April Dancer(Stefanie Powers) team-up would be great!

Also Robert Vaughn meets Adam West!
    They both had secret lairs, outrageous gadgets...
    And the Spy-Car vs. Batmobile would kickass!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    --and for that you don't need time travel.
    What if the great ancestors of Wayne and Grayson (and as mentioned Gordon) meet up with James West and Artemus Gordon?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-10-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Fantastic Member

I realize this is quite late now, but I don't understand how The Avengers (not the Marvel ones) were not on this poll. That would 1) be kooky as sh*t, and 2) I'd buy it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Monkey, no doubt about it

LOL! Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Monkey, no doubt about it
    As long as all their word-balloon dialogue is printed slightly offset.

Totally has a similar over the top camp style, although the action sequence for Batman would have to be taken up a notch to match Monkey.

The bizarre parallel with the main 4 Monkey troop and the main 4 Batman Rogues is great.
    (Horse?)
    Maybe encountering the rogues, they mistakenly confuse them for western versions of mischief deities, and follow them on some insane heist quest.
    Until Batman & Robin show them the error of their ways, and they switch to the "good" side.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-11-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL! Awesome.

As long as all their word-balloon dialogue is printed slightly offset.

Totally has a similar over the top camp style, although the action sequence for Batman would have to be taken up a notch to match Monkey.

The bizarre parallel with the main 4 Monkey troop and the main 4 Batman Rogues is great.
    (Horse?)
    Maybe encountering the rogues, they mistakenly confuse them for western versions of mischief deities, and follow them on some insane heist quest.
    Until Batman & Robin show them the error of their ways, and they switch to the "good" side.
    HAHAHA! Now that is awesome!

HAHAHA! Now that is awesome!
    Unfortunately there might not be much incentive, or much of an audience for this, as far as I know "Monkey (Magic)" was never broadcast in the US. And I don't know if it ever garnered a cult following. I doubt most even know these characters.
    It would be funny though. Great idea
    I do think they made the right call with Boom Studios Avengers though. It has the right feel, and time period.

It looks like they may be looking for TV properties, which already have established comic licenses currently in publication. Like Dynamite did with Hornet, and Boom! with Avengers.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-13-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Unfortunately there might not be much incentive, or much of an audience for this, as far as I know "Monkey (Magic)" was never broadcast in the US. And I don't know if it ever garnered a cult following. I doubt most even know these characters.
    It would be funny though. Great idea
    I do think they made the right call with Boom Studios Avengers though. It has the right feel, and time period.

It looks like they may be looking for TV properties, which already have established comic licenses currently in publication. Like Dynamite did with Hornet, and Boom! with Avengers.
    That's a shame "Monkey" was never shown in the US. It was definitely pretty unique. As a kid in the UK, my brother and I used to enjoy watching it. We also loved The Water Margin, a non-humourous but serious Japanese 1970 TV series set during the 12th Century.

It's famous for its sometimes obscure, but memorable philosophical quotes, such as "Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?"

Back on topic:
    I never picked up Boom's Avengers, although, it crossed my mind to check it out.

Ok, how about the Lone Ranger and Tonto (another favourite as a kid) with Batman and Robin:

Ok, how about the Lone Ranger and Tonto (another favourite as a kid) with Batman and Robin:

Lone Ranger would be great! Don't know how much of a stretch time-travel is for the Batman 66 verse, Similarly for Wild Wild West, I was thinking it would work if it was a descendant of the Lone Ranger, already living in Batman 66 time ...And then remembered that is exactly who Green Hornet was^ LOL!

Britt Reid/Green Hornet is canonically a descendant (the son of the nephew) of John Reid/Lone Ranger.

Since Batman has already met Lone Ranger's descendant, you could flip it and have instead Lone Ranger meet one of Batman's hypothetical crime-fighting ancestors.
    Who looks and dresses in a similar Bat-theme. They'de have to somewhat invent a character, though there is precedence.
    -

Stangley that crossover is what was implied with another heroic masked rider, when Adam West played a character called Dr. Wayne, an eccentric inventor.
    The unspoken implication being he was playing the great ancestor of Bruce Wayne, here inspired by Zorro's methods, theme, lair, etc... who might pass down the knowledge to his descendant (that other Wayne character, he played.)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-09-2019 at 10:57 AM.