Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hurumph no tommy! and the art stinks. seriously they really cant come up with anything for the twins? How about finding out about nocturne (alternate reality half sister) or that they are genetic clones of wanda and pietro (ala ultimates)?
    I'm freaking QUICKSILVER!!! And you can eat my freaking dust!
    I am faster than I was when I was last on the Avengers roster -- MUCH FASTER!

That sounds nothing like any version of Prodigy I've ever read

Hulkling sounds like an ******* too.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    And isn't there a third story is this too? Do we know who that is about?
    Lockjaw. Presumably it will resolve once and for all if he's a caniform Inhuman or simply an Incanine.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That sounds nothing like any version of Prodigy I've ever read

Hulkling sounds like an ******* too.
    That's the 1st thing I thought, too.

I followed Young Avengers from the start up until the last volume, not even sure why I skipped it since I've always liked Young Avengers and it got decent reviews. I also read all of New Mutants/Academy X/New X-Men so I'm very familiar with Prodigy as well.

It's one thing to have characters grow, evolve and pick up some new vocabulary, but this is like reading a character whose entire personality has changed. I guess the writer was going for a "teen" type of speech and showing the brighter side of David's personality, but it doesn't work here that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
    That's the 1st thing I thought, too.

I followed Young Avengers from the start up until the last volume, not even sure why I skipped it since I've always liked Young Avengers and it got decent reviews. I also read all of New Mutants/Academy X/New X-Men so I'm very familiar with Prodigy as well.

It's one thing to have characters grow, evolve and pick up some new vocabulary, but this is like reading a character whose entire personality has changed. I guess the writer was going for a "teen" type of speech and showing the brighter side of David's personality, but it doesn't work here that well.
    I totally agree and I'm not a fan of the new art.

Ryan North's a favorite of mine, great to see him writing for Marvel here... i think he's a perfect choice to write for the younger hero side of things. The art is a bit on the experimental side, i can see why it's somewhat controversial. I haven't made up my mind one way or the other on the art, just happy about Ryan North.

The art isn't so bad to me and more Noh-Varr is always welcome, specially because this story is apparently continuing his story rather than the others. Poor guy isn't taking his break up well at all. I wonder if Kate will appear in future issues. Probably not, but she should.

Also, Prodigy seems to be more happy when he spends time with Tommy. Good for him.

Isn't Deathlok supposed to be getting a monthly

Went to see if this Hayes appeared in a comic before. Apparently he's the president of Stargate.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Anyone else read this? I'm just following the Young Avengers story, but this issue surprised because of its depiction of The Hood.

Last we saw him, he basically became a super power junkie after losing his original ones - which turned out to come from Dormammu - and was in prison after his Crime Syndicate failed as well as his attempt to wield the Infinity Gems.

But now he's basically back at his pre-New Avengers status, completely ignoring everything Bendis did with the character (not that I'm complaining). He's back to being the screwed up guy from Brian K. Vaughan's mini, he has his original invisibility while holding his breath/walking in the air powers back and is out of prison with absolutely no explanation. It just seems weird that Marvel editor would allow North to disregard everything their star writer did, not to mention the continuity mess. Escaping from prison is clearly not rocket science in the MU (just ask the Punisher and the inescapable Avengers prison), but suddenly he has his powers back after all the trouble they went through to "exorcise" him?

I'm actually glad this version of the character is back, but it took me by surprise. Given the format, I don't think his reappearance will be explored further in this series. Wonder if there's more to it or if that's just the way it it is now because reasons.

I read it, Young Avengers didn't interest me much. The Howard the Duck story was amusing, Black Knight's made me sad. And also confused...when was this supposed to happen? He seemed to have it all together in Avengers World, and yet here he was holed up in his apartment in nothing but his underwear, crying and holding the Ebony Blade a little too close.

ETA- oops, this thread is actually about Original Sins #1, not #2 as the thread title says...
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 06-26-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Honestly I'm just more curious about what the heck Howard the Duck's story was all about. Sure the Young Avengers stuff sounds entertaining, but after Lockjaw's story in Original Sins #1, I'm more interested in seeing the more humorous stuff in the Original Sins tie-in, such as J Jonah Jameson's upcoming one in Original Sins #3.

So is the more photorealistic art simply too slow and thus too expensive to produce in great quantities? Marvel or maybe no one is going to put up with a Hitch-like pace on Millar's Ultimates even if it results in Ultimates 1-and-2-like-art?