Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default LBCC: "Captain Marvel" Flies High with Butters, Fazekas & Anka

Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas and Kris Anka shared some of their plans for Marvel Comics' All-new All-Different mission for Carol Danvers.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Alpha Flight? Happy they are being used but wow, that just seems bizarre. Wonder if Northstar is back with them or is he one of the unrevealed members of the Extraordinary X-Men.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Alpha flight's inclusion just might be enough to get me to pick up this book, depending on how prominent they are in it. Sasquatch in space!

BANNED

They are going to the third reboot of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel and they can't even make a decent rogue galleries for her.

Marvel needs to stop focusing on cameos of other heroes in her stories and giver Carol her own situations and problems to solve alone optherwise the book will keep disapointing.

Spectacular Member

Alpha Flight, in space? Nice to see them again, but in space? Canadas premiere defenders...in space?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_biel View Post
    They are going to the third reboot of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel and they can't even make a decent rogue galleries for her.
    Mystique is stuck in the X-Men quagmire, Moonstone seems to have given up on Carol, and Grace Valentine has essentially been dropped as a recurring adversary despite KSD's short-lived attempt to build her up. The rest simply don't have any relevance to her anymore.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

"Carol's sales are always abysmal, so we thought, lets put a C-List super-team in the background! They aren't appearing elsewhere! Plus wait till you see Sasquatch start a romance with her AWESOME cat!!!!"

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Don't get me wrong. I love Alpha Flight and happy that they will be appearing somewhere but they have Maple Syrup running through their veins. Taking them completely out of Canada seems strange. I'm going in with an open mind and hoping for the best but its just strange. There are probably a million other characters that would be a better fit.

I also agree that Carol needs a rogues gallery. A hero is only as good as the villains they fight.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Not that I really have any vested interest in the character, but Anka just made her costume worse by taking away the red boots.

Boring boring boring.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Not that I really have any vested interest in the character, but Anka just made her costume worse by taking away the red boots.

Boring boring boring.
    Personally, I prefer Ankas redesign! The old one always looked like she wore red rubber gloves + a pair of wellingtons, doesn't really scream badass to me.

BANNED

lol what's the point of designing an entire space station when you don't draw backgrounds anyway.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieVonDoom View Post
    Personally, I prefer Ankas redesign! The old one always looked like she wore red rubber gloves + a pair of wellingtons, doesn't really scream badass to me.
    Granted, the boots should have had some heels to them, but there was definitely more an imposing captain bad-ass look to the tall boots than say, yet another trademark anka-pants and short-shoes that scream efficient, minivan mom on the go.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Hehehe, when I saw 'Butters' I went straight to South Park.

Perhaps Professor Chaos could become a rogue for Carol, as that is what she is missing; caring about the person the hero is fighting is almost as important as caring about the hero. Carol has no one.

I'd take a recarnated Yon Rogg at this point, just get someone in as her prime rogue!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd take a recarnated Yon Rogg at this point, just get someone in as her prime rogue!
    It used to be Mystique in the role, but, y'know, X-books...

And Grace Valentine could've made for a good Lex Luthor-styled adversary, but she got dumped in favor of "Carol and Cat IN SPACE!"
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    And Grace Valentine could've made for a good Lex Luthor-styled adversary, but she got dumped in favor of "Carol and Cat IN SPACE!"
    Grace did make one appearance after Carol went into space. I wouldn't count her out yet.