View Poll Results: Ho many comic will you buy from Marvel after SW is over?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will buy more comics from Marvel .. this is all hot stuff

50 36.50%
  • I will buy the usually amout.. those guys rocks

29 21.17%
  • I will reduce my purchases a bit ... not that I'm unhappy

10 7.30%
  • I will reduce my purchases a lot .. Marvel has a hard way ahead

23 16.79%
  • I will or I have stopped buying them .. this is a ugly story

13 9.49%
  • I don't know I must see how things turn out...a uncertain and hard question

12 8.76%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm planning on buying at least two Marvel comics post-SW. A lot of the new titles annouced interest me but I just don't have the funds to buy them all on a monthly basis.

I will buy more comics from Marvel .. this is all hot stuff

However, I am thinking of switching to trade paper backs for the first time ever. Is this crazy?

Ad free content for a slightly reduced cost. Collection of material spread throughout various series of comic books. Content in correct order despite shipping delays for singular issues. Typographical and print errors fixed. Bonus content.

The above has really convinced me, but I will miss that Wednesday feeling, and I do not know how I will cope with being 6 months behind the times.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Yes, more Inhumans books, X-Books, an Avengers team line up I care enough about to read.

First time in a while I've been interested in more than just the X-Men from Marvel.

I plan on buying a lot more Marvel after Secret Wars.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Yes, more Inhumans books, X-Books, an Avengers team line up I care enough about to read.

First time in a while I've been interested in more than just the X-Men from Marvel.
    Same here.

Glad to see more realistic integration in the titles -- I think even Storm is pleased.

1.21 gigawatts.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I will buy more comics from Marvel .. this is all hot stuff

However, I am thinking of switching to trade paper backs for the first time ever. Is this crazy?

Ad free content for a slightly reduced cost. Collection of material spread throughout various series of comic books. Content in correct order despite shipping delays for singular issues. Typographical and print errors fixed. Bonus content.

The above has really convinced me, but I will miss that Wednesday feeling, and I do not know how I will cope with being 6 months behind the times.
    i made this switch about a year ago, and i am really liking it. i kept my marvel digital subscription, so i can try out a lot of titles and then pick which runs to buy the trades for. it does suck to lose the wednesday on the forums talking about comics feeling. and spoilers kind of just become unavoidable. no i can't wait for new comic day on digital(mondays). also, i am trying to wait on things like noto's black widow and allred's silver surfer, because some titles just seem made for an ohc.

really, i just like the trade collections better. i buy to read, not collect, and the trades are better for rereads.

I'm in a weird place right now but to simplify:

Definite: Ms. Marvel, Ewing Ultimates
    Maybe: Bendis Spiderman, Waid ANADA, Hopeless ANXM, Bunn UXM, Lemire EXM, Soule Daredevil

More to come but yeah.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm definitely getting All-New Inhumans (for Crystal). Ultimates, Hellcat, and New Avengers are probable pulls. I'm on the fence with Hercules.

Spectacular Member

I've only really just got into this hobby last year and have no intention to stop now. I love the look of the new Marvel universe there is honestly only a couple of books that I have no interest in checking out, most of them look great.

I will buy a bit less... because I went a little off budget recently.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

I have had to make a spreadsheet to prioritize the titles I want so I don't go overboard.

Incredible Member

I will reduce my purchases but I am not that unhappy. There are titles coming that I am looking forward to but not as many. Unfortunately for Marvel though, where I would buy more of their titles, those open spaces on my pull list are going to DC and the independents.

I'm down to one (maybe two) Marvel books now.

Image & Boom are getting most of my money nowadays.

I'm going to be going down to one Marvel book: Amazing Spider-Man. That's mostly out of habit. I might pick up Deadpool (again, out of habit) but I'm very iffy about picking up the title again.
    I've found that Secret Wars has been a huge waste of my money. The stories haven't grabbed me and the changes in characters recently has caused me to have a huge disconnect from them.

Post Secret Wars only 3 Marvel Universe titles interest me, 2 of which will have new creative teams, so if they aren't good I'll be down to one title, which I seem to buy only out of habit anyways currently.

I'll also continue reading Star Wars and Darth Vader, both of those titles have been excellent.