View Poll Results: Ho many comic will you buy from Marvel after SW is over?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will buy more comics from Marvel .. this is all hot stuff

50 36.50%
  • I will buy the usually amout.. those guys rocks

29 21.17%
  • I will reduce my purchases a bit ... not that I'm unhappy

10 7.30%
  • I will reduce my purchases a lot .. Marvel has a hard way ahead

23 16.79%
  • I will or I have stopped buying them .. this is a ugly story

13 9.49%
  • I don't know I must see how things turn out...a uncertain and hard question

12 8.76%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Before Secret Wars, I was buying Ms. Marvel, Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Thor, Star Wars, and Darth Vader.
    Post-Secret Wars, I'll be buying Ms. Marvel, All-New All-Different Avengers, Star Wars, and Darth Vader.

Of the options on the poll, I voted for "I will reduce my purchases a bit ... not that I'm unhappy"

Marvel has been a great comic publisher lately, and most of the comics I buy are from either Marvel or Image. However, I absolutely cannot afford to be paying 3.99 or 4.99 for comic issues anymore unless I feel it is absolutely worth it, so I've cut back on my comic expenses for Marvel. I'm only interested in owning ongoing Marvel comic series with Kamala as the main protagonist, and the two Star Wars ongoing series that I've been buying since the beginning of the year. Though I might eventually stop buying those too, and just get Ms. Marvel and ANAD Avengers. The only Marvel comic series I will buy no matter what in single issues is Ms. Marvel, almost everything else can wait to be collected in trades for me.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

It's looking like my pull list will end up being about the same size. I'm at 16 titles where I'll definitely try at least the first issue, and there's still a few more titles that will be announced in the next couple months. My Marvel pull list over the past couple years has tended to be around 16-20.

I went from ~10 Marvel titles a month to 17 from the ANAD stuff they've announced. So yeah I'm gonna be buying more.

My pull list is definitely decreasing. Was at about 12 to 15 titles at any point in the year leading up to Secret Wars. Right now, I'm only looking at about five that interest me.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

I am subscribed to Marvel Unlimited, so I haven't been buying new Marvel titles off the rack since last year, just reading what interests me on Unlimited. I did add a print subscription for the new Dr. Strange book, so that's a net gain of one book for me (from 0 to 1). After SW I expect I will continue to check things out via Unlimited as I have always done. Pretty much if I enjoy the story or the creators I will read it no matter what the larger shared universe does or doesn't do as that doesn't impact my enjoyment much at all. I think I gave up on that sometime in the 90s with the Crossing, Timeslide, Teen Tony, Clone saga, Onslaught, Heroes Reborn, and other nonsense and never went back to caring about it, finding stuff I like to read and ignoring the rest.

-M

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I was getting six titles until Secret Wars started and there's been no title announced that I have enough interest in to keep pulling monthly. I'm not really happy with Marvel right now because of all the events and all the renumbering they keep doing anyway so this is where I bow out.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Make mine Marvel.

prior to Secret Wars I was reading somewhere around 12 to 15 titles. my current plan is to read the first 6 isssues or so of 19 titles of ANADM to give them a crack. so, yeah, increasing.
    I surrender to the Contest

I only came back to Marvel because of the MCU and Secret Wars. I found out I really like Ewing's work, so yeah, I'm definitely picking up his 3 series post-SW. For the other stuff, it's probably wait and see.

I used to buy 12 to 15 titles each month, I'm reducing to 1 book that I'll keep buying, which is Amazing Spider-Man. Spidey is the single new title that I'm interested, and MAYBE I'll wait and see for reviews of Charle Soule's Daredevil. Love the prosecutor angle, iffy on the mentor angle, so yeah I'm reducing my purchases a lot. I've bought my first DC title in more than 15 years this weekend, Batman #44, and that's probably one of the best comics I've read my entire life, so what I'm thinking is that I'll keep getting Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man, Spidey and I'm very tempted to track down Scott Snyder's New 52 Batman issues because #44 is that thwipping brilliant. I haven't read Batman's Superheavy arc but I find the idea of replacing Batman with James Gordon as much stupid as Falcon getting to become Captain America, so maybe I'll wait until that it's done and Bruce Wayne is back as Batman to pull the trigger.

The result from Secret Wars for me is positive because without it, I'd probably never read Batman #44, so I got to say thank you to Marvel for giving me the shot to read that book. Without so many Marvel titles to read, I can branch out to DC and Image and check out what they are doing. So uh, thanks, Marvel Comics. Call me when you realize the goldmine you have with the MCU and understand that your books should at least somewhat mirror what happens in the movies, and for the love of God, ENOUGH of several versions of the same characters and legacy shenanigans.

Yay back when (like 2005-2010) I was getting a decent amount of comics a month. Recent years I cut back due to financial personal reasons reading only 3 or 4 a month. Now I'm stopping reading monthly comics altogether. I had no real interest in the direction Marvel are going, ties with the movies are affecting the comics and it's not meant to be that way. The source material is meant to influence the films not the other way around.

I think the Ultimates comics sounds like a good premise so will try the first TPB of that and will pick up the Black Knight if it comes out in TPB. But no more Uncanny X-men... 16 years of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Definitely the list of comics I buy has increased. I'm looking forward to so many titles after sw I'm worried about how much I'm going to be spending.
    Yeah, for the sake of my wallet I've got keep things in check but there's a ****-ton of ANAD Marvel books that I plan to be picking up. Way more than I can reasonably afford and they haven't even announced all the new titles yet.

I am looking forward to the post Secret Wars book line up quite a bit. In fact there are only a couple of titles that I am not excited about and even those will get a couple of issues to hook me. In my opinion it's a great time to be a Marvel fan.

Extraordinary Member

I'm only buying Star Wars books from Marvel once Inferno is done. None of the books I've followed look appealing to me anymore and I do not care to keep up with the publishing style Marvel is going with.

BANNED

I normally buy X-men and fantastic four. And other heroes only if the stories are interesting.

So obviously my list is gonna be reduced to 4 titles at most. Tough my original idea is to think of Secret Wars as the end of the Marvel universe. Just like I did with ultimatum, I never touched an ultimate title again after that.