View Poll Results: Ho many comic will you buy from Marvel after SW is over?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will buy more comics from Marvel .. this is all hot stuff

50 36.50%
  • I will buy the usually amout.. those guys rocks

29 21.17%
  • I will reduce my purchases a bit ... not that I'm unhappy

10 7.30%
  • I will reduce my purchases a lot .. Marvel has a hard way ahead

23 16.79%
  • I will or I have stopped buying them .. this is a ugly story

13 9.49%
  • I don't know I must see how things turn out...a uncertain and hard question

12 8.76%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I voted that I'll buy more because there are increased Deadpool books that I'm excited about. Every single one. Not like the last time this happened when they were all crap. This time around... with Kelly and McGuinness on one... Nicieza writing a Deadpool & Cable team up and Duggan back on the ongoing AND Uncanny Avengers.. how can I not be excited?

D
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I voted that I'll buy more because there are increased Deadpool books that I'm excited about. Every single one. Not like the last time this happened when they were all crap. This time around... with Kelly and McGuinness on one... Nicieza writing a Deadpool & Cable team up and Duggan back on the ongoing AND Uncanny Avengers.. how can I not be excited?
    Because it's deadpool? Oh wait,that's my excuse.
    Last edited by protege; 09-14-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Mighty Member

It's such a weird question, as if buying one book meant you had to read them all. It's like if fall TV lineups were just announced, and someone asked, "Will you continue to watch CBS?"

Personally, it's hard to tell when there's still more to come. I thought my purchases would drop appreciably, but then when more information comes out, I get excited about things I hadn't been before (e.g. Vision and Extraordinary X-Men). It's cat-and-mouse for me after every relaunch; I end up dropping some things I tried, picking up some things I missed, and eventually settling on about the same number as always.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    It's such a weird question, as if buying one book meant you had to read them all. It's like if fall TV lineups were just announced, and someone asked, "Will you continue to watch CBS?"

Personally, it's hard to tell when there's still more to come. I thought my purchases would drop appreciably, but then when more information comes out, I get excited about things I hadn't been before (e.g. Vision and Extraordinary X-Men). It's cat-and-mouse for me after every relaunch; I end up dropping some things I tried, picking up some things I missed, and eventually settling on about the same number as always.
    I don't think it is weird I simple wanted to check the temperature if you know what I mean.
    The only real issues here is we made prediction how we behave in the future and that naturally don't include I swear to god or something like this

If we talking about what does the data means there 2 ways to interpret this, first on the pure data and than on a intuition level.
    First I must say I made a poll a few weeks ago with the result: 34% wanted a reboot(too many dark stories), 22% found Marvel's course okay, 44% wanted to be Marvel more consequent (in result darker).

You can guess 34% won't stop reading books because Marvel don't do what they wanted. I guessed 10% will stop reading Marvel which is pretty close to what I got.

I also added choice 4 and 5 together to see how thinks fluctuate and get the feeling when things reach a normalization around since 40-50 votes. It is relative stable, so yeah I can already make some assumption with this data.(over 100 now)

To go deeper :So I can found my old number the 34% with option 3,4,5 and when you disturb option number 6 on all other equally. I got this with in an error of 2% of my old I want a reboot back option. 1(39%+x) and 2(22%+x) I can see a slight migration in compare to the old poll under the options which I think can be explained through the fact that those question don't match so good.

I think you can see the result in to ways first pure by the numbers which is less people will roughly by the same amount of comics like before.
    The other is kinda like Dog I know that from myself first you order more than drop some which is crap or when you don't want to buy you still do it and by 2-3 title more than you originally wanted.

I think both is true when you add the number and you believe everyone buy the same amount of comic you get the amount must be bigger than 10% but less than 34% because the others still buy comics, on the numbers maybe 17% when you add maybe people still buy whatever they said than maybe 10%.

When Marvel starts with the new 1# they won't have this issue(because of the #1 sales boost) but if they continue on when they hit issues number 3-4 they must increase their sales around 10 + x % to get the same amount of sales like before, at least that is my view I got out of the poll.
    Last edited by TakoM; 09-15-2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Fix some errors

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Because of what happening with mutants, it seems I'm buying fewer books.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I am done buying Marvel Comics until the Fantastic Four return. At least that is my position for now and I doubt it will change.

Only going to be buying the Star Wars titles and Spider Gwen on a regular basis. Might pick up a few random issues of other books here and there that I feel may be key issues in the future for collecting purposes. If Marvel comes out with a Spider-Man Renew Your Vows series someday I'll pick it up but other than that I'm pretty much done with Marvel. In my 30+ years of collecting comics that's something I never thought that I would say!!

I haven't read many Marvel comics since Marvel Now. I am contemplating jumping on board some of the Star Wars comics in trade. I might check out a few superhero titles but the ones that are least reflective of the MCU.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I only really get TPBs, but.....
    Pre-Secret Wars:
    Ant-Man, Hulk, Moon Knight,
    Post-Secret-Wars:
    Astonishing Ant-Man, Totally Awesome Hulk, Carnage, Possibly Star-Lord, Death's Head, and Uncanny Avengers.
    So yeah, chances are I'll be getting some more. :P
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I'll probably be about the same, but I am going to try some different books. I like Dan Abnett's work, so I'm definitely down with Hercules and Guardians of Infinity. I like Al Ewing's work, so Ultimates is a must, and New Avengers is very probable. Daredevil has always been one of my favorite books, so I'll be checking out Soule's run. Sticking with All-New Hawkeye. I'll check out the new Dr Strange book-- I think this is the book that Bachalo has been building to over his career-- and I'm interested in the "Weirdworld" books, even if I'm not exactly psyched about the creative teams. Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl has my interest because of Amy Reeder's involvement, so that replaces Silver Surfer. I'll continue on with Ms Marvel in collections. Totally Awesome Hulk is definitely getting a look, but I'm not much of a fan of Frank Cho's art and I've found that Greg Pak's books over the past few years start of great, then fade out pretty quickly. (Thinking of Turok and Eternal Warrior especially-- excellent starts that turn to mediocrity over two-three issues.)
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 09-14-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Oops, wrong thread.

I've been out of print for while.

Now they've made it so I can't even read MDCU.

I'm an X-Men fan and Marvel's treatment towards them has left a bad taste in my mouth. Post Secret Wars, A Force looks to be my only title.

If Marvel can have their tantrums I can too dammit!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

"I will reduce my purchases a bit"

I long ago(10yrs?) stopped buying the A-list books(Spiderman, X-Men, FF, Avengers, IM, Thor etc) on a monthly basis. I did so to support the smaller B/C-list characters THINKING that my dollar was important there to keep books afloat. Marvel was/is never going to stop making those books monthly/yearly.
    However, the publishing cycle now indicates that sales don't seem to really matter when every 12-18months Marvel is just going to end a book due to some Editorial Fiat due to yet again another universe altering cataclysm.

Yes, to me an ongoing book and high numbers matter. It's not mattered to the industry in some time and that's pushing me to not care either. Meaning I'll be all trades one day and I keep getting closer to that every year. When I'm no longer going into an LCS monthly I'll be gone and just get the "good stories" at my leisure knowing that with continuity dead all of them become glorified "What IF" stories.

I'm likely to only be getting 3-4 monthly books from Marvel post SW. I'm down to just 2 at DC for the same reasons.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

My pull list has increased compared to pre-SW...heck I have changed it already 4 times due to new books getting announced lately and me trying to stay under certain #/price.