What is Heroes Like Me Entertainment?
Heroes Like Me is an intellectual property company that specializes in ethnic characters for development into videos, short stories, novels, comic book, graphic novels and films. Most independent companies create single comic books. We created a universe of heroes, villains and supporting characters in sci-fi, adventure,action, mystery, fantasy, and even a western. My goal is to work with other companies to market my characters to the mainstream entertainment world.

What are some of your characters designs?

The Mysterious Maestro

Curt Masters/The Flying Bullet and Aliena

The Fiery Furnace

The Black Dove

Human Pearl

Shining Star

The Buffalo Soldier

John Henry 2.0

What projects are you working on?
Right now, I publish each character mentioned in their own short story adventure each month on Booktrack. Booktrack is a website where you can publish stories and add a soundtrack, sound effects and ambience music. It allows the reader to become apart of the story. It's a challenge to produce stories for seven books on a monthly basis alone. But I still love it.

What are some of the challenges of an black entertainment company?
Unless you are a white male, you have an uphill challenge. Most major companies and not interested in producing independent ethnic characters to produce into video games and movies. Also specialty comic book stores don't sell black comic books. It hard for ethnic comic book creators to advertise and to let people know about their projects. We are not backed by Disney or Warner Bros.

What is your background?
I've been writing since I first joined the Army 25 years ago. I've published three novels independently. I'm currently retired from the military and work as a supervisor in a jail in Huntsville, Alabama. I see especially in the law enforcement side that we have a lot of young men who do not have heroes that look like them and that is important.

What are some projects you would like to do in the future?
I will be producing a classic sci-fi pulp adventure called The Flying Bullet. It's the story of a Tuskegee Airman who is kidnapped by an UFO and transported billions upon billions of miles away from Earth. I created it in response to the fact that their were no black sci-fi serials of the 30s, 40s and 50s. What if there was a black sci fi serial during that time. I think it would be about a Tuskegee Airmen because they were real heroes. I created a YouTube concept video so everyone can have an idea of what I'm doing. The project will be in the form of a graphic novel and a sci-fi film which should be out in the summer of 2016.

How has the internet helped black creators?
It has allowed us to reach a niche audience that crave diverse characters.

How are you letting people know about your company?
By word of mouth and by Twitter and Google +. I am a one man operation. I have started attending conventions to let others know about my company.

Why do we need diversity in our heroes?
Because we live in an diverse world.

Any last words
We need to support ethnic creators so Hollywood can see that we want to not only see white male characters on the movie screen, but also asian, native american, female, black characters. And also not to whitewash characters because they feel it won't sell by having a manga character appear white on films.

Christopher Love is the Chief Creative Officer of Heroes Like Me Entertainment