Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Conveniently, people always seems to forget that DC Comics works under WB's constant scrutiny.
    Well, yes, but I hardly think WB is telling DC which books to specifically cancel or change creators. I doubt they are micro-managing to that degree. I see it more like "make X amount of money by X date!" or "Make Superman be like the one in this movie we are about to release!"

Spectacular Member

My Thoughts:

Lobo- I'm not sorry to see this go. From the bits I've skimmed, it seemed like a weak title that has transformed into a weak spin-off of Cullen Bunn's Sinestro book. The only reason to read it is to see which DC characters Lobo has killed lately, as the book looks like it's being used to pare down the number of Lantern Corps members from the less popular factions.

Justice League United- I actually avoided this because I'd heard mixed reactions to the Lemire run that started the title. The solicits had started to draw me towards it, but I guess I won't bother with the single issues now.

Doomed- I know nothing about this one.

Omega Men- This just missed making my pulls list; sounds like I'm part of the reason it's ending so soon.

Gotham by Midnight- I've really enjoyed this book, but in today's age of short runs and comic "seasons," it's a wonder that it lasted 12 issues and an annual.

Shame to see that the fringe titles at DC are still having trouble finding a steady audience of sufficient numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Well, yes, but I hardly think WB is telling DC which books to specifically cancel or change creators. I doubt they are micro-managing to that degree. I see it more like "make X amount of money by X date!" or "Make Superman be like the one in this movie we are about to release!"
    I guess it goes more like this:

- Cancel any book selling under X units!
    - But we promised at least 12 issues for the new books!
    - Too bad, but i don't care.
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 09-14-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

I had to edit this

I read the D C December solicits

I am not buying any more new books from D C

There are too many good old D C books in my collection and to many I can buy on line

I do not need to continue reading this New stuff D C is putting out

I do not like it

Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and the whole D C Universe is not
    fun for me now.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 09-14-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post

BATMAN
    SUPERMAN
    WONDER WOMAN
    FLASH
    GREEN LANTERN
    JUSTICE LEAGUE
    DETECTIVE COMICS
    ACTION COMICS
    AQUAMAN
    TEEN TITANS
    BATGIRL
    BATMAN SUPERMAN
    SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN
    ROBIN SON OF BATMAN
    GRAYSON

I'm surprised you're still reading Flash and Wonder Woman. I couldn't stand either of those once the initial creative teams from New 52 changed hands.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I hope they don't cancel Martian Manhunter next time.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-14-2015 at 12:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    I guess it goes more like this:

- Cancel any book selling under X units!
    - But we promised at least 12 issues for the new books!
    - Too bad, but i don't care.
    Maybe, although it may be more about dollars than units. If Tom King is asking a higher page rate than writers on other books, that might be a factor.

man if DC put Parker on Flash I'd be back picking up a monthly and not just buying Morrison's stuff

All-New Member

So.... Green Lantern Lost Army also did not get solicited. Confusing.

While it's always sad to see books get cancelled, this has been going on at every comic company ever since the dawn of comics publishing.It's never going to change so you guys need to just used t it and quit taking it personally. It's kinda sad.

Anyway, out of all these books, I already dropped JLU a few months back and just had them take Catwoman off my pull list just this last week. Didn't read the other ones.

Only thing I'm bummed about is that Grayson wasn't on the list.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This makes me so angry. Omega Men is one of my favorite books. Comic buying public is infuriating. If the industry can't support quality like that I can't support the industry. All they want is Batman and Spider-Man

Dammit.

Looking at the current sales charts all they want is Star Wars spinoffs and Walking Dead TPB's.

Make that six: http://www.newsarama.com/25888-batma...-solicits.html

Didn't really care for Lost Army myself, but it seems to have a strong following here. Hate to see all these characters in limbo. Very surprising, since it wasn't doing too badly in sales. I can only imagine that a re-launch of some sort is imminent. Perhaps DC's looking for a new creative team in the meantime?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Make that six: http://www.newsarama.com/25888-batma...-solicits.html

Didn't really care for Lost Army myself, but it seems to have a strong following here. Hate to see all these characters in limbo. Very surprising, since it wasn't doing too badly in sales. I can only imagine that a re-launch of some sort is imminent. Perhaps DC's looking for a new creative team in the meantime?
    Maybe they are going to push to get things back to "normal" - Hal as member of the Corps, patrolling space, working for the Guardians, along with the rest of the Corps from their various worlds, etc. - a little faster than originally planned.

Lost Army sold 27K last month. Justice League United sold 24K. Those titles must be headed for some sort of re-launch, under a new title or creative.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Maybe they are going to push to get things back to "normal" - Hal as member of the Corps, patrolling space, working for the Guardians, along with the rest of the Corps from their various worlds, etc. - a little faster than originally planned.
    I'm sure that'll go over real well with John Stewart fans.