Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Five DC Titles Set to End, Including "Justice League United" and "Lobo"

CBR has learned that "Justice League United," "Gotham By Midnight," "Omega Men," "Doomed" and "Lobo" will come to a close at DC Comics.

Full article here.

BANNED

Omega Men is the big loss here. One of DC's best books.

Now that Doomed is cancelled, DC should put Javier Fernandez on a good book.

All-New Member

Well, so much for that 12 issue promise. Sucks to lose Omega Man, and given King had a 12 issue plot mapped out, I have a feeling it won't wrap up properly at all.

Ugh.

Losing Omega Men is a damned shame. I've enjoyed Gotham By Midnight but I was already surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Spectacular Member marcotheblerd's Avatar

Omega Men was my favorite DCYou title. I wish it released as a graphic novel. Lobo and the other books I didn't care about.

Mighty Member

Oh no! I'm so bummed Omega Men is ending. Not even ending but losing five issues. That's extremely disappointing.

Also really sad to see Valentine leaving Catwoman, she really made that book fantastic. Gotham by Midnight and JLU were great too.

What a bummer.

All-New Member

This makes me so angry. Omega Men is one of my favorite books. Comic buying public is infuriating. If the industry can't support quality like that I can't support the industry. All they want is Batman and Spider-Man

Dammit.

Really surprised about Omega Men. Not about any of the others though.

NOW can we get Supergirl back?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Omega Men cancelled. Well that's just great. With this I'm down to Action Comics, Superman and JL3K1. Suppose that's the way the cookie crumbles. Hopefully Kyle shows up somewhere else and isn't lost in comic book limbo.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Always Rakzo

I have talked about this in Twitter already.

The biggest loss for me is JLU since it was finally reaching its potential. I saw the cancellation of Omega Men coming and despite that I don't really think is a great book since it has some flaws I can't overlook, is still a shame to see an unique book go sooner than expected. Doomed was also predictable since the sales haven't been that good, still the title was fun. I thank the heavens for getting rid of Lobo though.

Is also a shame to see Valentine out of Catwoman but Tieri is a good writer so is not that much of a big deal.

Mighty Member

There goes half my DC pull list.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I am NOT OK with JLU ending, not ok at all! Dang it DC I want to give you more of my money not less, why are you making that so hard!?

I wiill also miss Omega Men & Lobo, I didnt read Gotham By Midnight, so can't comment on it, may check it out in trades now though.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryDork View Post
    Well, so much for that 12 issue promise. Sucks to lose Omega Man, and given King had a 12 issue plot mapped out, I have a feeling it won't wrap up properly at all.

Ugh.
    It is a bit of a bummer that they didn't let him run that plot out.

As for the "twelve issue promise", that was something I was going to have to see to actually believe.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't think anyone liked emo Lobo so that one doesn't surprise me. Some of the others do, though. Gotham By Midnight for instance. One would think anything associated with Batman would be an automatic hit. I'm sorry that Doomed didn't work out and Omega Men sounds like it is a great book. DC got experimental and it didn't pay off unfortunately.

Catwoman and Omega Men are the big losses here. I would have hoped that Omega Men would run its 12-issue course. Hopefully, those arcs at least get some sort of ending, and that's the extent of the "sky is falling" changes from DC.