Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Avengers

New York, NY-September 14th, 2015 - This October, Earth's Mightiest Heroes are reforged, retooled and recharged for the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe! But first, kickoff the all-new Avengers line of titles with AVENGERS #0 - featuring new stories setting the stage for six new ongoing series! Someone is watching, carefully studying the movements of the Avengers and those in their orbit. But are they friend, or foe?! Find out in this exciting launch issue featuring new stories of ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS, SQUADRON SUPREME, A-FORCE, NEW AVENGERS, ULTIMATES and UNCANNY AVENGERS. Featuring all-star talents from across the comic industry, be there for the genesis of Earth's Mightiest Heroes for a new era in AVENGERS #0! Coming to comic shops and digital devices on October 7th!

Full preview here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ooh, that's a lovely two-page spread there with many of my favorites: She-Hulk, Thundra, Human Torch (seems to be Johnny per Stegman's tweets), and Ms. Marvel.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

whoa whoa whoa whoa...Marvel has SIX different Avengers ongoings coming out?! That's way to much man.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    whoa whoa whoa whoa...Marvel has SIX different Avengers ongoings coming out?! That's way to much man.
    Thematically, they're all Avengers teams, but name-wise, nah. So people can have it either or both ways.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I'm not certain Squadron Supreme and Ultimates technically count as Avenger titles though. They're just sort of in the family.

Squadron Supreme have more to do with the Justice League than Avengers...

*laughs to self* Classic.

You guys have noooooo idea how much it upsets and depresses me that Wasp isn't on that 2page spread.

Also Pym and Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    You guys have noooooo idea how much it upsets and depresses me that Wasp isn't on that 2page spread.
    Sure she is. She's just gone subatomic. She's right there hiding between Tippy-Toe's teeth.

First: Awesome cover. Art Adams rocks - as usual. Second: Kinda disappointed that Marvel has decided to treat the X-Men like second class citizens these past few years, at least by comparison. Nice to see the few that are in this lineup, but sad that the X-book family has gotten so whittled down lately. Third: Since when is Dazzler black? Or is that just weird coloring?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Hey, that was Wanda! Waid did say that his Avengers #0 story was going to be Vision-centric.

Kenneth Rocafort's art and Gerardo Sandoval's art looks better than I expected, so that's nice.

I have to say the highlight for me was that one panel showing off all the different Scarlet Witch looks (though missing her Uncanny Avengers costumes). Heck, Wanda's casual wear even looks great .

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

This looks so good.

Canīt wait for the beginning of all this, that pic of the Devil Dinosaur looks scary and Wanda looks amazing.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I hope that is the Squadron Supreme's base of operations, that place looks snazzy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well at least we have mutant representation. Wiccan, Squirrel Girl, Rogue and Sunpsot.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Also Pym and Wanda.
    Where is Pym? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Hey, that was Wanda! Waid did say that his Avengers #0 story was going to be Vision-centric.

Kenneth Rocafort's art and Gerardo Sandoval's art looks better than I expected, so that's nice.
    Probably leading up to the set-up in Vision's solo series. Mmm, I'm braced for drama. But at least there will be build-up instead of just plopping us with that storyline alone. So that's pretty cool.

Oh my Sandoval's art...it's not that I have anything against the style, I kinda like the stylization. It's just that, it makes Sunspot look ridiculously sinister. And wtf happened with Wiccan's hair!?