Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    Any Art Adams cover is gold, but seeing Spider-Man in the distance with Miles and Ms. Marvel getting the main spotlight in the cover make my eyes roll. Even though the writing of Justice League was god awful with the New 52, at least those were the main seven in all their glory, drawn by Jim Lee out of all people.

Once Marvel brings the Avengers back and get these kids their own teenager team title, I'll be back. For now I'll just enjoy Snyder's Batman back issues, probably the best solo title out there next to Dan Slott's Spider-Man.
    i think marvel needs to move away from baby teams that only exist so the avengers can say "you aren't old enough to play with the grown-up's so why don't you go over to the kiddie table Kamala and join Miles Sam Victor America Ava Teddy And Billy"

especially since recent events have shown the adults don't know what the hell they are doing anymore and actually need some positive influences from a brighter younger crowd that isn't wrapped up in bizarre political situations

I didn't realize how excited I was for Ewing's Ultimates till I saw this preview.

One thing's for sure, the all new something something Marvel is going to look really pretty.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

This actually looks really good, I can't complain about any of the art here. I will say that while of these teams I'm only picking up ANAD Avengers and New Avengers, the one that's really caught my eye has to be Squadron Supreme. I mean not only is the line-up interesting but Leonard Kirk's art is phenomenal. I might have to pick it up.

Other then that the page with all the Scarlet Witch outfits looks great. I wonder if she will have any part on any of these teams, considering her brother and Ex-husband are on two of them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i think marvel needs to move away from baby teams that only exist so the avengers can say "you aren't old enough to play with the grown-up's so why don't you go over to the kiddie table Kamala and join Miles Sam Victor America Ava Teddy And Billy"

especially since recent events have shown the adults don't know what the hell they are doing anymore and actually need some positive influences from a brighter younger crowd that isn't wrapped up in bizarre political situations
    Give the Adult Avengers a wake up call? I always wondered why in the Silver Age Spiderman, a 15 year old kid, was never shood away by the FF and Avengers, and now suddenly, kids of today are too inexperienced? Did the adults take the SHRA too seriously? We all saw the brutality of Avengers Initiative on the kids, so that wasn't an alternative, although it did give Cloud 9 confidence to be a hero. But Sam, Kamala, and Miles are not idiots, and have shown maturity in their adventures. You can certainly understand now why Peter Parker wanted to keep his identity secret from Aunt May, because Sam, Kamala, and Miles showing their parents their identities has brought on an insecurity complex in them. Parents are overbearing on their teenagers, and won't let them grow up. It's been a riveting dilemma in Marvel all these years. How do children become adults?

Considering that Kamala's book reached a development where her mother knows that she is Ms. Marvel...

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Give the Adult Avengers a wake up call? I always wondered why in the Silver Age Spiderman, a 15 year old kid, was never shood away by the FF and Avengers, and now suddenly, kids of today are too inexperienced? Did the adults take the SHRA too seriously? We all saw the brutality of Avengers Initiative on the kids, so that wasn't an alternative, although it did give Cloud 9 confidence to be a hero. But Sam, Kamala, and Miles are not idiots, and have shown maturity in their adventures. You can certainly understand now why Peter Parker wanted to keep his identity secret from Aunt May, because Sam, Kamala, and Miles showing their parents their identities has brought on an insecurity complex in them. Parents are overbearing on their teenagers, and won't let them grow up. It's been a riveting dilemma in Marvel all these years. How do children become adults?
    Are they minors? If they're 18 or older it's probably not an issue. But if the Avengers are taking minors into combat, that's potentially an issue. Hell, I'd sue the hell out of them if I were there parents. There's a line between just training them and putting them into the field.

BANNED

a better question is how the hell did Victor And Ava get mixed in with sunspot's crazy New A.I.M. Idea?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    a better question is how the hell did Victor And Ava get mixed in with sunspot's crazy New A.I.M. Idea?
    Well, because Al Ewing didn't want to leave the characters he wrote in mighty avengers in comic book limbo... Oh, you mean storywise. Well, Sunspot wanted to fix the Avengers so I guess he went looking for powerful enough superheroes that don't have the same politics going as previous Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Are they minors? If they're 18 or older it's probably not an issue. But if the Avengers are taking minors into combat, that's potentially an issue. Hell, I'd sue the hell out of them if I were there parents. There's a line between just training them and putting them into the field.
    Well, the X-men have been doing that for 50 years.