Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    How about The Spot and Carnage?
    As an item? I don't see it.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yeah I know. So like I said its still basically what Sword was but new. Probbaly gonna rebrand it as the Carol Corps or something.
    Oh dear God lets not give Marvel any ideas, they may just end up doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    There is no point using Mystique. You need a villain that can be used in the films.

That rules out Mystique, but I like the idea of Dr Minerva being used, although Moonstone returning in some form is also something I'd love to see.

Considering her developement, I'd actually happily pay to see Moonstone pop up as some sort of liason officer, so that rather than being a villain, she and Carol are forced in to working together, with Brand hating them both.

Glorious super bitching in space. Plus some Canadians.
    yea I'd honestly love to see that kind of thing with Karla, especially with how Carol has said that she'd like to see her redeem herself and I'd hate for Narvel to waste the development Karla received in Thunderbolts and Dark Avengers into becoming more of an anti-hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Carol already HAS a rogue's gallery imo.

It's just that most of them were either appropriated by the Xmen or in Moonstone's case, got spun
    off into the Thunderbolts.
    I think when Ms. Marvel's original run was cancelled, Claremont moved what he liked into the X-books, which is how Mystique ended up over there. (A better fit imo. Carol's a bit out of Raven's league for one-on-one throw downs.) Moonstone was never Carol's enemy until she "replaced" her on Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers team. (Moonstone's first appearance was in the "Incredible Hulk" and the only Captain Marvel she battled prior to "Thunderbolts" was Monica Rambeau.)

I do think Moonstone IS a good foil for Carol, but they were not rivals prior to Karla stealing her identity in "Dark Avengers."

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Oh dear God lets not give Marvel any ideas, they may just end up doing it.
    Agreed. It's bad enough they wrote them into the Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I think when Ms. Marvel's original run was cancelled, Claremont moved what he liked into the X-books, which is how Mystique ended up over there. (A better fit imo. Carol's a bit out of Raven's league for one-on-one throw downs.) Moonstone was never Carol's enemy until she "replaced" her on Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers team. (Moonstone's first appearance was in the "Incredible Hulk" and the only Captain Marvel she battled prior to "Thunderbolts" was Monica Rambeau.)

I do think Moonstone IS a good foil for Carol, but they were not rivals prior to Karla stealing her identity in "Dark Avengers."
    With all the upgrades to her powers over the years (she's essentially able to do anything the T-1000 can short of turn to liquid), her trademark talent for deception, and her unending hatred for Carol Danvers, Mystique no doubt still has the ability to make Carol miserable both physically and psychologically, so she's not that out of her league.

Meanwhile, Moonstone seems to have completely forgotten about Carol and is back to being random supervillain scene-filler. Last I saw her, she was getting recruited into a new Thunderbolts (or Heroes for Hire, I don't remember) and was demanding that her costume be out of the cleaners.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-16-2015 at 09:26 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    With all the upgrades to her powers over the years (she's essentially able to do anything the T-1000 can short of turn to liquid), her trademark talent for deception, and her unending hatred for Carol Danvers, Mystique no doubt still has the ability to make Carol miserable both physically and psychologically, so she's not that out of her league.
    Agreed.

I think most of Carol's best foils aren't the ones who are just going to go toe-to-toe in a physical fight with her. Those just turn into yet-another-slugfest - it's not actually that interesting. Someone like Mystique who might not be able to physically fight her, but can instead mess with her head... makes for a much more interesting story, in my opinion.