Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I believe this has to be Wrath. He's just being too cray-cray here. And, while another mind-control type story is overdone and contrived in its own right, its still better than him legitimately just being this much of a jerk. Its out-of-character, he's never treated Diana like this before. And frankly, with this amount of time of reflection after Lois's outing, its out-of-character for him to still rip on her too. Granted the rift there is far, far more believable, but he's still better than this.

Maybe we'll get a Superman III homage, and this story ends with a psycho side splitting off and they fight.

In regards to Lois, I just think the common online narrative that she's being treated poorly and isn't like within DC, blah blah blah, is coloring the judgment of her here. She does NOTHING wrong. She's the victim here, She's the one being disrespected, and I'm supposed to feel she's being disrespectful by shoving some government official overstepping his bounds into a chair? Nyyyope. I can be as big a critic as anyone when I think Lois is written as TOO aggressive to the point of unlikeability, but this was nothing but a reminder of how fun she can be as a character.
    I think SM is trying to protect the people he care for from harm! I believe he think by pushing WW and Lois away he can keep them safe.
    Before teleporting, SM said " everyone at risk because of my weakened state... that ends now". He pull out the teleporter and tell WW and Lois they betrayed his trust. I believe he's pushing them away to keep them out of harms way!!

BANNED

Lois Lane came off as brattish like she often does. Understandably she was upset, they infringed on her constitutional rights, they essentially abducted her but it's Argus (I think) a governmental agency she was speaking to, cursing at powerful people is a luxury that only people of Princess Lane's pedigree can afford to do, secure in the knowledge that Superman will storm the castle and save her butt. Or maybe daddy will. Clearly it's not her personally Superman's attracted to

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    Lois Lane came off as brattish like she often does. Understandably she was upset, they infringed on her constitutional rights, they essentially abducted her but it's Argus (I think) a governmental agency she was speaking to, cursing at powerful people is a luxury that only people of Princess Lane's pedigree can afford to do, secure in the knowledge that Superman will storm the castle and save her butt. Or maybe daddy will. Clearly it's not her personally Superman's attracted to
    Lois speaks her mind and doesn't coddle people in power, especially people who abuse their power. Whether it's Argus or not doesn't negate the civil liberties that have been violated here (they didn't "essentially abduct" Lois, they actually abducted her). Lois is under the power of the Lasso of Truth, which brings out one's true feelings, and she is under Wonder Woman's protection; she is uninhibited. If you want to know why this, or any, Superman finds Lois Lane attractive, all you have to do is refer to Grant Morrison's Action Comics run, specifically Action Comics #0. It's the same attitude she had in Action Comics #1 (1938) when she slapped the cads who were harassing her while she and Clark were on a date.

To put it simply: Superman is attracted to Lois because she stands up to bullies regardless of whether it's considered impolite or dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Lois speaks her mind and doesn't coddle people in power, especially people who abuse their power. Whether it's Argus or not doesn't negate the civil liberties that have been violated here (they didn't "essentially abduct" Lois, they actually abducted her). Lois is under the power of the Lasso of Truth, which brings out one's true feelings, and she is under Wonder Woman's protection; she is uninhibited. If you want to know why this, or any, Superman finds Lois Lane attractive, all you have to do is refer to Grant Morrison's Action Comics run, specifically Action Comics #0. It's the same attitude she had in Action Comics #1 (1938) when she slapped the cads who were harassing her while she and Clark were on a date.

To put it simply: Superman is attracted to Lois because she stands up to bullies regardless of whether it's considered impolite or dangerous.
    I honestly feel like people find any reason to just hate Lois Lane.
    Even for the smallest things, when anyone else in her position would do.
    But hey, guess not everyone can handle a woman that keeps it 100.

BANNED

I'm on the camp that Lois had every right to be angry and talk down the interrogator. She's not risking anything either, Wonder Woman is right there and she's under her protection, she knows Diana is one of the good guys.

BANNED

I concede the point that she was bound by the lasso, I can't argue with that. That said there's a fine line between outspokenness and abrasiveness, there's an inflection point where the former becomes the latter. Admittedly I go over that point on a regular basis but for me it hasn't won me a Red Dot award and a smoldering hot boyfriend, surely I'm doing something wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    I concede the point that she was bound by the lasso, I can't argue with that. That said there's a fine line between outspokenness and abrasiveness, there's an inflection point where the former becomes the latter. Admittedly I go over that point on a regular basis but for me it hasn't won me a Red Dot award and a smoldering hot boyfriend, surely I'm doing something wrong.
    or guys can't appreaciate a assertive woman, but then you may not want to have anything with them

Extraordinary Member

Lois speaks her mind and doesn't coddle people in power, especially people who abuse their power. Whether it's Argus or not doesn't negate the civil liberties that have been violated here (they didn't "essentially abduct" Lois, they actually abducted her). Lois is under the power of the Lasso of Truth, which brings out one's true feelings, and she is under Wonder Woman's protection; she is uninhibited.
    Not sure that is a reason you want to explore - anybody can be brave when they have a tank backing them up.

If you want to know why this, or any, Superman finds Lois Lane attractive, all you have to do is refer to Grant Morrison's Action Comics run, specifically Action Comics #0. It's the same attitude she had in Action Comics #1 (1938) when she slapped the cads who were harassing her while she and Clark were on a date.

First, these people have not been illegally detained.

Yes, I know folks are going to scream civil liberties - it's the same thing I heard the four survivors in the second episode of The Strain complaining about when the doctors wanted to keep them in quarantine after everyone else on the plane they were on dropped dead.

"These people aren't like that! WE KNOW Superman is not going to harm people."

First - you don't. If the writers want to right about a long dormant version of Kryptonian measles that will kill a human then they will.

Second - the characters in the story don't know everything you do. They can't open 700 issues of Superman comics and see that Superman is like an incorruptible Kryptonian messiah [although he is doing a lot to disprove it this issue.]

Third - as far as I can see, neither Lois nor any of the others have been tortured. They have not apparently been strip searched and probed and physically mistreated. They have been living in the company of a guy who pretends to be human and isn't. A guy who has so many powers even he can't keep track of them sometimes.

"Can you control minds Superman?"

"No of course not, that's ridiculous."

Is it? The guy can bench the planet, outfly radio waves, and hear me and my wife doing it on another continent. Ridiculous woke up this morning and decided to go dancing on the train tracks.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Not sure that is a reason you want to explore - anybody can be brave when they have a tank backing them up.

First, these people have not been illegally detained.

Yes, I know folks are going to scream civil liberties - it's the same thing I heard the four survivors in the second episode of The Strain complaining about when the doctors wanted to keep them in quarantine after everyone else on the plane they were on dropped dead.

"These people aren't like that! WE KNOW Superman is not going to harm people."

First - you don't. If the writers want to right about a long dormant version of Kryptonian measles that will kill a human then they will.

Second - the characters in the story don't know everything you do. They can't open 700 issues of Superman comics and see that Superman is like an incorruptible Kryptonian messiah [although he is doing a lot to disprove it this issue.]

Third - as far as I can see, neither Lois nor any of the others have been tortured. They have not apparently been strip searched and probed and physically mistreated. They have been living in the company of a guy who pretends to be human and isn't. A guy who has so many powers even he can't keep track of them sometimes.

"Can you control minds Superman?"

"No of course not, that's ridiculous."

Is it? The guy can bench the planet, outfly radio waves, and hear me and my wife doing it on another continent. Ridiculous woke up this morning and decided to go dancing on the train tracks.
    I can't agree with you. this iss very much letting fear win, if superman was a villain he wouldn't be on JL, has a clean file. he save earth many times. Now have plans to kill him if he even goes rogue because of mental control, seems very smart.

I also against taking people against their will because without any proof. there was a kid tortured and was prisoner, and it wasn't his fault. His father made him fight with a islamic extremist group, kid just needed a second chance away from the father crazyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    or guys can't appreaciate a assertive woman, but then you may not want to have anything with them
    Ain't nothing wrong with an assertive woman, because then she actually tells you where she wants to go eat.
    And that's the real MVP.

They always keep it 100, and I love it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with an assertive woman, because then she actually tells you where she wants to go eat.
    And that's the real MVP.

They always keep it 100, and I love it.
    yes, I should had say some guys doesn't appreciate a assertive woman, not all guys. I think helps a lot a relationship when the other person says what she wants and what she feels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I can't agree with you. this iss very much letting fear win, if superman was a villain he wouldn't be on JL, has a clean file. he save earth many times. Now have plans to kill him if he even goes rogue because of mental control, seems very smart.

I also against taking people against their will because without any proof. there was a kid tortured and was prisoner, and it wasn't his fault. His father made him fight with a islamic extremist group, kid just needed a second chance away from the father crazyness.
    Yes, and sometimes police shoot people and throw them in jail, and we might say that's a good thing. Also - none of the people detained here for questioning and quarantine were tortured, so that analogy does not really hold up.

Lex Luthor is on the Justice League, so that's not really a free pass. And not having plans to deal with a mind controlled space-god is just asking for a beat down.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yes, and sometimes police shoot people and throw them in jail, and we might say that's a good thing. Also - none of the people detained here for questioning and quarantine were tortured, so that analogy does not really hold up.

Lex Luthor is on the Justice League, so that's not really a free pass. And not having plans to deal with a mind controlled space-god is just asking for a beat down.
    You do know that Steve Trevor told Wonder Woman to get there for a reason right?
    If she did not show up and use the lasso method, they held the risk of getting tortured.