Default Agents of SHIELD season 5 finale question regarding Deke Shaw

So was Deke a casulty of Thanos's snap, or something rather "timey-wimey"? His future has been wiped out by stopping Talbot/Graviton from absorbing Daisy/Quake, and likewise the version of Fitz-his ancestor-that woke up and came back from the future died; although there's still the backup Fitz (Who will have no memories of either going to the future, marrying Simmons or his split persona break) might also have an effect on the future.

I'm guessing they kind of left it a bit ambiguous intentionally.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I assume he still exists somewhere... he would have warranted an on-screen death, or at least some reaction to it among the other characters. Since memories of the future-that-will-not-be still persist with the characters, my thought is that he is still alive by virtue of having been in the present.

I think the timestream is self-correcting, meaning the writers can do pretty much anything they want.

Since last season ended before Avengers 3 and next season will start after Avengers 4, the effects of the snap will presumably have been reversed and have no direct bearing on the story... though I wonder if they'll mention which characters did spend time as heaps of dust.

There is a theory in the Marvel Universe you can't change history only create an alternate universe at the point the timeline changes its the universe's way to stop paradoxes so his world could still exist in the Multiverse hence why he exist like Rachel Summers in X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I assume he still exists somewhere... he would have warranted an on-screen death, or at least some reaction to it among the other characters. Since memories of the future-that-will-not-be still persist with the characters, my thought is that he is still alive by virtue of having been in the present.

I think the timestream is self-correcting, meaning the writers can do pretty much anything they want.

Since last season ended before Avengers 3 and next season will start after Avengers 4, the effects of the snap will presumably have been reversed and have no direct bearing on the story... though I wonder if they'll mention which characters did spend time as heaps of dust.
    I think the finale happened at roughly the same time as the film's first act, as there are mentions of the attack on New York.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So was Deke a casualty of Thanos's snap, or something rather "timey-wimey"? His future has been wiped out by stopping Talbot/Graviton from absorbing Daisy/Quake, and likewise the version of Fitz-his ancestor-that woke up and came back from the future died; although there's still the backup Fitz (Who will have no memories of either going to the future, marrying Simmons or his split persona break) might also have an effect on the future.

I'm guessing they kind of left it a bit ambiguous intentionally.
    Given that Jeff Ward (Deke's actor) is set to appear in season 6 as a regular he still exists, so any questions about if he still exits have already been answered. Also like AndrewCrossett said, if he was erased when the timeline changed or was killed in the Decimation, we would have been shown or at the very least told that and with the Decimation other characters would have also been shown or mentioned turning to dust.
    Last edited by PD98; 01-10-2019 at 05:48 AM.