Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'd say at least 4 main inhuman series that we know of (Uncanny Inhumans, All-new Inhumans, Karnak, and Ms. Marvel)

As for the the other groups:

Guardians of the Galaxy has 6: Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of Infinity, Drax, Star-lord, Rocket and Groot, and Venom: Space Knight(I'm counting it since it takes place in space).

Spider-Man has 10: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Spiderwoman, Spidergwen, Spidey, Web Warriors, Carnage, Silk, and Spider-Man/Deadpool

You're forgetting the (oft-delayed) Gamora solo for GotG.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    You're forgetting the (oft-delayed) Gamora solo for GotG.
    I wasn't sure if I should count it or not since we haven't heard anything about it in a while, but feel free to count it amongst them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Greg Land is a huge turn-off for me, but everything else about Uncanny X-Men sounds amazing. Depending on what else releases that week, I might crack and pick it up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Everyone keeps worrying about the Inhumans and the X-Men storyline and not the fact that there are only FOUR X-Books being published in All-New All-Different Marvel.
    First of all, there's more than 4 (5 or 6- I can remember 5 titles for sure).

Second of all, a sizable amount of readers see LESS yet MORE FOCUSED x-books as a good thing- not a negative.

In other words, this may be a good time coming up for the x-books compared to the past few years.
    It just depends on your tastes and how well the writers do.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Wasn't "Teen Cyke gets accused of Adult's Cyke's "crimes", gets angsty and whatnot" EXACTLY Bendis' initial plot?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    X-books: 1. Extraordinary X-men. 2. Uncanny X-men. 3. All-new X-men. 4. All-new Wolverine. 5. Old Man Logan. 6. Deadpool

Inhuman books: 1. Uncanny Inhumans. 2. All-new Inhumans. 3. Karnak. 4. Ms. Marvel 5. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur(Does this even count?)
    Deadpool isn't a X-book, not really anymore.

And the key difference that anti-Complexers pretend doesn't exist is that the X-men franchise SELLS enough to justify those titles, the Inhumans one doesn't.

Of course Deadpool is an Xbook.

BANNED

Hm, Laura vs. Taskmaster. That will be interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Like maybe he thought that by tampering with the t-mist to make it sterilizing to mutants he could drum up mutant militancy to rally once more in raging against the Inhumans for culling their numbers and against humans as always for always looking for an opportunity to resume the old genocide. What he didn't expect was that the tampering made the mist DEADLY to mutants and killed more than it sterilized. That could be the Oops if Marvel is really pushing the idea of Cyke as a fallen hero for the sake of mutantkind.

The Extraordinaries would focus first on investigating the deadly t-mist and its cause, fight Sinister for plot involved reasons, then focus on removing as many mutants as they could to "safe haven", wherever that may be.

The Uncannies would prioritize brutally slaughtering any faction looking to actively massacre the dwindling mutants, if possible infighting doesn't hamper them first.

The All Newbies (heh) would go on their road trip to find their place in this world trying to kill them, trying thier darndest to practice Xavier's dream in its likely purest and uncomplicated form, only to eventually have Tyke confront Cyke over the deadly mist issue and it's aftereffects, all to a retread of Fate/Stay Night's Unlimited Bladeworks route.

/random junk

And sifighter just ninja'd me on what the X teams might be doing for their season 1's.
    is that a tv series plot

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Of course Deadpool is an Xbook.
    He's more aligned to the X-books than any other team, but his contribution and connection to the franchise is very loose. Compare how Wolverine solo works, in that he shares a lot of his villains and stories with the franchise (ie Fatal Attractions, Enemy of State).

Wolverine will also usually be part of the team constantly, while Deadpool is usually only found in his solo. He was with the X-Men for a short while (X-Force), but now he's on the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    is that a tv series plot
    I like the fact that at least everyone seems to be following a single focus, or at least that they're on the same page

BANNED

I will probably give Uncanny a limited try, it kind of sounds like the book I hoped Cyke's Uncanny would morph into. I might pick up a All new to see what happened between Tyke and Jeen. Other than Uncanny and maybe Sunspot's Avengers, nothing really excites me in Marvel anymore.

I feel like UXM, ANXM, and EXM all each capture the feels of different eras very well. I still think the bore5 are awful, but Hopeless is taking this in the best direction one could hope for. I could swap X-23 for maybe an X-Factor-type book, but other than that this seems to *finally* be a well-streamlined lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I really like the new costumes. Especially for the Extraordinary team and Magneto. The EXM ones have a cool, functional look. Jean's is a bit weak, though. And Old Man Logan is just in jeans and a jacket. Wish they'd given him some kind of uniform. Sans mask, though. As he's no longer Wolverine. Laura is.
    Asthetically I think EXM, UXM, Oya, and Genesis look fantastic. I need to see more of Colossus and Iceman's outfit looked kinda lame in the preview art (reminiscent of the Austen era shades and jacket). I looooove OML casual wear as opposed to a uniform, but I also wish they didn't stick him in a team right away. I think making him as distinctive from the present X-Men as possible really drives home that he's not our Wolverine, but an even more tragic loner.

While I'm annoyed that Marvel's gone with another decimation type event this may oddly enough be the best thing for the X-Books. A smaller more clearly focused line of X-Men comics seems like a very good approach imo, and serve as a good foundation to expand upon down the road. While I'm only getting EXM, ANXM, and ANW all these titles look good imo.

i cant wait for young cyke and genesis to hang out like the brothers there meant to be and are

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Oh lord, they said something negative about Cyclops. Somebody be a doll and put the forum in quarantine mode until the fumigators get here.

*dons gas mask, quietly adds ANXM to pull list*

EDIT: DOES THAT SAY LIEFELD VARIANT?? TRULY WE ARE BLESSED
    I'm going with the theory that earlier attempts to make him into a villain were so done in such a ham-handed fashion that they backfired, so instead of trying to show us they are going to tell us via exposition. They probably think that there's no way of it being interpreted differently than Marvel wants if they just tell us it is so rather than try to walk us through the lack of logic they have done so well with so far....
    Dark does not mean deep.