Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Isn't it possible that there is more than one victim?

And isn't it likely that if everybody else is happy to drop it as soon as victim grants forgiveness that chances of other people being harassed in the future is increased?
    for sure there is more than one victims, harassers doesn't stop at the first ones if they can get away with it

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Probably I didn't express myself well enough. My point is that the victim seams to have forgotten about this, yet people who were not harmed by it in any way continue their crusade.
    When I was young and more actively trying to break into comics, I got warned off Wood by people who assumed I was a girl based on using my initials and other things. Word that he was vindictive and dangerous had been going around for years and years before the story broke big. I'm acquainted with some people who like him quite a bit, as a human being, and some who have a less savory portrait to paint, but regardless, this wasn't about him doing one thing, one time, to one very cool person who didn't deserve it a bit.

And she didn't just forget it and drop it, either. That's a misinterpretation of what happened then or how things are handled now. Forgiveness is not forgetting.

That said, I don't wish him ill or anything.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    So this was released yesterday by Alex De Campi, explaining some things about her time at DC and why the main WW title doesn't reflect anything in the just-cancelled Sensation Comics. The whole thing is both appalling and worth reading, but there's some specific things worth noting in reference to the Superman line:

1. Wonder Woman as a title falls under the Superman editorial offices' purview (but hey, it's not as if DC's just playing her up as Superman's arm-candy, right?).

2. Allegedly, no women work directly in the Superman office at DC.

3. Not-so-allegedly given multiple witnesses to multiple incidents, this is one way or another because one of the senior Superman editors - consensus from those talking about this piece universally being Eddie Berganza - is a repeated sexual harasser.

4. Part of the reason this continues despite fear of a lawsuit is that said harasser allegedly has some kind of blackmail material on his own boss.

5. She mentions "there are five known big-name, vindictive harassers in comics, and about three bad drunks. Two harassers are writers employed by DC; one is a DC editor; two are writers employed by Marvel."

Nick Hanover, co-founder of the site Loser City, has elaborated on twitter (and as this isn't straight from the horses' mouth of someone who worked at DC, I guess this is to be taken with slightly more of a pinch of salt, though frankly I believe every word) that this is Berganza, that he's essentially been "quarantined" to the Superman books, and his position is safe because it's scumbags of various varieties all the way to the top of the ladder who don't want to rock the boat and make a scene, which is why harassment allegations rarely name names and is rarely even reported at all: there's little point to fighting back alone and a guarantee of blacklisting if you do because they are, for all intents and purposes, running the table. His own DC editorial source (this is to be taken with the biggest pinch of all given the degrees of separation, but again, I see no reason to doubt at this point) has stated that everything on Berganza is "true or worse".

So what's my reaction? I think I'm done with the Super-titles for the time being. I was hanging on by a thread as is with Truth, Pak's doing the best he can but has been on an uphill battle to tell the stories he wants to since day one (literally nothing he's done on Action hasn't one way or another been a tie-in), and I sure as hell don't intend to support this. Between this, Omega Men and Batman '66 (along, of course, Sensation Comics), I think as things stand I'm in a place where I'm done with DC once Snyder's run on Batman and Seeley/King Grayson wrap up--hell, I might not even wait for the end with Batman, it's dumb fun but hardly must-have comics anymore.
    Is there a link to this info?