Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I couldn't get into the WW sensation comic!! But now reading what the writer of that comic said about sexual harassment at Dc. Kind of confirms my feelings about Orion, the way he was portrayed in the WW comic. I always thought sexual harassment was being made light of in her comics in the last run, that it was funny, that it wasn't a big deal. Using WW as these example, she protested at the start but in the end she accepted being treated that way!! She even accepted being called by a body part " legs". I away thought Orion being portrayed that way, sexually harassing WW and in time WW accepting his behavior was away to desensitize readers to this behavior.
    Last edited by chlj1; 09-24-2015 at 07:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wasn't always thrilled with every story that was presented in Sensation as someone above said, they did come across as severely heavy handed and preachy towards feminism...but on the other hand it was certainly the most readable version of Wonder Woman put out on a monthly basis other than JL.

As for the alleged and allowed harassment...and yes it is considered to be allowed if the people perpetrating it aren't removed, which with the current regime at DC and the current EIC is Bob Harras who was also in charge of Marvel when Lobdell was a major player. So it would seem a lot of the allowed interactions would fall under his purview and a good ol' boy system of buddies.
    From what i heard the only thing that changes is that the guy only doesn't work with women anymore, but still working. so the solution was take the women away, not take the harasser away.
    lobdell still working at DC too so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wonder woman never accepted Orion harassment

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    From what i heard the only thing that changes is that the guy only doesn't work with women anymore, but still working. so the solution was take the women away, not take the harasser away.
    lobdell still working at DC too so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wonder woman never accepted Orion harassment

Sure she did. When he first butt slapped her, it looked like she would do something about it, but Azz conveniently directed her to some other event to forestall the eventual reckoning. Yet later, her balls grab and punch didn't stop Orion from the verbal harassment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Sure she did. When he first butt slapped her, it looked like she would do something about it, but Azz conveniently directed her to some other event to forestall the eventual reckoning. Yet later, her balls grab and punch didn't stop Orion from the verbal harassment.
    she was going to react, but she had things to solve first. Its not her fault that he didn't respected her again, she let pretty clear she wasn't going to tolerate that. so she didn't accepted

BANNED

she was going to react, but she had things to solve first. Its not her fault that he didn't respected her again, she let pretty clear she wasn't going to tolerate that. so she didn't accepted
    She might not have accepted it, but her actions didn't prevent further harassment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    She might not have accepted it, but her actions didn't prevent further harassment.
    not her fault, the fault never is with victim. Orion got much better with her, after the punch for sure

Mighty Member

Incredible that Azzarello magically i linked to the both Sensation Comics getting canceled and a couple of DC creators apparently being misogynists...

With that said. Would be a shame if the stuff Alex de Campi's take on the situation turns out to be true. I'm hoping that they're saving WW stuff till the new movie is out.

Hopefully there'll still be some sort of digital WW offering. As someone already mentioned, Jill Thompson's WW perhaps?

Also. Batman 66 is canceled, but there's a new book out soon. Batman 66 & Man from U.N.C.L.E and Omega men got uncanceled (will be 12 issues) with talks of extending the Omega men thing to other eras.
    Last edited by borntohula; 09-25-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Spectacular Member

not her fault, the fault never is with victim. Orion got much better with her, after the punch for sure
    But she did accept being called by a bodypart "legs"!! Orion even called WW legs in front of her mother!! That getting better?? If someone said that scene was funny, you just make my point for me!! About desensitizing the reader to sexual harassment and showing that he had no respect for the woman!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 09-25-2015 at 08:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    But she did accept being called by a bodypart "legs"!! Orion even called WW legs in front of her mother!! That getting better?? If someone said that scene was funny, you just make my point for me!! About desensitizing the reader to sexual harassment and showing that he had no respect for the woman!!
    maybe she didn't cared for it? or just stop bothering, there was more pressing matters to take care.
    He didn't knew she was diana's mother, hippolyta was "what?" and Orion was just grateful for her not catching what he did

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Incredible that Azzarello magically i linked to the both Sensation Comics getting canceled and a couple of DC creators apparently being misogynists...

With that said. Would be a shame if the stuff Alex de Campi's take on the situation turns out to be true. I'm hoping that they're saving WW stuff till the new movie is out.

Hopefully there'll still be some sort of digital WW offering. As someone already mentioned, Jill Thompson's WW perhaps?

Also. Batman 66 is canceled, but there's a new book out soon. Batman 66 & Man from U.N.C.L.E and Omega men got uncanceled (will be 12 issues) with talks of extending the Omega men thing to other eras.
    azzarello has the definitive run for this decade.

there still is wonder owman '77 specials, twice a year, so it isn't so bad. But sensation comics should return next year for at least 6 issues
    Last edited by Tayswift; 09-25-2015 at 12:39 PM.

maybe she didn't cared for it? or just stop bothering, there was more pressing matters to take care.
    He didn't knew she was diana's mother, hippolyta was "what?" and Orion was just grateful for her not catching what he did

there still is wonder owman '77 specials, twice a year, so it isn't so bad. But sensation comics should return next year for at least 6 issues
    "definitive" in the sense that it killed WW for good? I agree. Worst decade ever to be a WW fan

Mighty Member

Sorry, should've said "...Azzarello is magically linked to the both...". I really like his and Chiang's book. Especially how the story reaches a full circle with the last WW issue and the secret origin one

And yeah, I think there'll be more digital offerings for WW. No doubt.

BANNED

I'm sorry but branding Orion a "sexual harasser" over a slap in the bum sounds absolutely crazy to me. If someone in the workplace slapped my bum I certainly wouldn't blow up in his face and scream SEXUAL HARASSER RIGHT HERE! FIRE HIM! AND PUT THAT IN HIS CRIMINAL RECORD! it's not some life-threatening, soule-scarring, unforgivable thing. I think if that happens what you do is tell him not to do that again.

And if Wonder Woman can forgive her mother's murdered and become best friends with her, surely she can bring herself to forgive the man who put his life in peril to save hers, half a dozen times.

Actually I liked Orion a great deal more than Superman

Astonishing Member

Not really the right topic for it, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    I'm sorry but branding Orion a "sexual harasser" over a slap in the bum sounds absolutely crazy to me. If someone in the workplace slapped my bum I certainly wouldn't blow up in his face and scream SEXUAL HARASSER RIGHT HERE! FIRE HIM! AND PUT THAT IN HIS CRIMINAL RECORD! it's not some life-threatening, soule-scarring, unforgivable thing. I think if that happens what you do is tell him not to do that again.

And if Wonder Woman can forgive her mother's murdered and become best friends with her, surely she can bring herself to forgive the man who put his life in peril to save hers, half a dozen times.

Actually I liked Orion a great deal more than Superman
    It doesn't need to be "some life-threatening, soul-scarring, unforgivable thing" to be sexual harassment. And, yes, it is sexual harassment. It's more that just the slap, he repeatedly disrespects her by calling her "legs" even after she asked him not to, and punched him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Not really the right topic for it, but...
    It doesn't need to be "some life-threatening, soul-scarring, unforgivable thing" to be sexual harassment. And, yes, it is sexual harassment. It's more that just the slap, he repeatedly disrespects her by calling her "legs" even after she asked him not to, and punched him.
    Well the day a hot brave ginger hunk of a man like Orion calls me "legs" that will be the happiest day of my life

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    Well the day a hot brave ginger hunk of a man like Orion calls me "legs" that will be the happiest day of my life
    Seriously?? I have to say, any woman that would accept being treated in that manner has little to no respect for herself!! That a person with some big self esteem issue! Orion isn't these only brave and looking man that has put his life on the line for WW!! The whole Justice League is mostly men!! They are just as brave, just as looking!! These only thing different about them is they treat women with respect!! As far as Orion behavior not being sexual harassment you need to look up the meaning of sexual harassment!! Because his behavior is the definition of sexual harassment!! It's pretty sad when we put more value in the way a person looks, then how that person treats other! Any of the other heroes are better than Orion!! Superman is head and should above Orion, he's just as brave and he's just as looking as Orion and he has put his life on the line for WW as much if not more than Orion.