Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Sensation Comics Has Been Cancelled

Ugh.

Other than Justice League, this was the only place where I was getting to read a Wonder Woman that I enjoyed on a regular basis.

Sad news.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/another-tw...t-been-broken/

Looks like bad news comes in droves. Hot on the heels of DC’s announcement that Omega Men, Doomed, and three other series have been cancelled, DC solicited the final issues of Digital First titles Batman ’66 and Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman. Both of these series will conclude in December, with Batman ’66 making it to a healthy 30 issues and Sensation Comics sliding home at #17.

Even worse news:

No Mercy writer Alex de Campi voiced her dissatisfaction with Sensation Comics‘ cancellation on a blog post today, praising its successes and using it as a springboard to add fuel to quickly growing fire of sexual harassment allegations surrounding a number of prolific comics creators at DC, Marvel, and elsewhere. She claims that DC is continuing to “coddle” a known sexual harasser, allowing the individual to foster an unhealthy atmosphere for female creators in the Superman editorial office, where Sensation Comics is edited and, according to her, where no females are employed.

YUCK @ sexism and rape culture!
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 09-14-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

What the HELL are they talking about here!?!? And who is this Alex de campo guy?

No Mercy writer Alex de Campi voiced her dissatisfaction with Sensation Comics‘ cancellation on a blog post today, praising its successes and using it as a springboard to add fuel to quickly growing fire of sexual harassment allegations surrounding a number of prolific comics creators at DC, Marvel, and elsewhere. She claims that DC is continuing to “coddle” a known sexual harasser, allowing the individual to foster an unhealthy atmosphere for female creators in the Superman editorial office, where Sensation Comics is edited and, according to her, where no females are employed.

YUCK @ sexism and rape culture![/QUOTE]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Ugh.

Other than Justice League, this was the only place where I was getting to read a Wonder Woman that I enjoyed on a regular basis.

Sad news.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/another-tw...t-been-broken/

Looks like bad news comes in droves. Hot on the heels of DC’s announcement that Omega Men, Doomed, and three other series have been cancelled, DC solicited the final issues of Digital First titles Batman ’66 and Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman. Both of these series will conclude in December, with Batman ’66 making it to a healthy 30 issues and Sensation Comics sliding home at #17.

Even worse news:

YUCK @ sexism and rape culture!
    really a big problem on all organizations on the world. the problem is that harassers keep getting work, while victims are black listed. for sure de campi is blacklisted for DC and Marvel.

sensation comics is not edited at the superman office, that is why the comic is progressive and has heavy feminist themes. also best wonder woman

"Sensation is edited in a special projects/digital office, an office which is sadly under-utilized in the internal turf wars of DC and faces shutdown/restructuring as a senior male staff member finds it unnecessary… despite the plaudits its books (including Sensation) have achieved."

seems like a senior editor want to shutdown the most progressive and diverse DC office along with batoffice.

Dissapointment is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    What the HELL are they talking about here!?!? And who is this Alex de campo guy?
    Alexi de Campi is a woman and a comic book writer.

Apparently, DC Comics has a HUGE problem with sexual harassment/assault that it is doing very little to deal with.

The full story can be found here:

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/t...s-t110427.html
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Sensation and Batman 66 were the only comics of interest to me published under the DC imprint. I suppose it is a relief to be finally quit of them.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

It was fun while it lasted.

Now off to find out more about sexual harrassment allegations at DC. What's up with that...??
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The cancellation doesn't surprise me at all, all the digital series so far have been cancelled or renamed. Even Adventures of Superman lasted 51 digital issues (17 printed issues). Probably they're already conceived as limited series.
    I bet Sensation Comics will be replaced by Wonder Woman '77 every Thursday.

Fantastic Member

There's also Jill Thompson's graphic novel, which is supposed to appear in digital form first.

After processing it, I can't say that I'm too surprised it got cancelled. Some of the stories were very hammy in its feminist portrayals (and this is coming from a huuuge feminist), focusing on the aspect of woman first and wonder second. I would've liked to see more stories with Diana battling Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Giganta, etc. rather than aggressively telling some bigoted man not to treat her like a piece of meat. Obviously there were some fantastic stories, though, and I'm really looking forward to the Diana/Barbara team-up finale.

If it's permanently replaced by Wonder Woman '77, then I would not complain one bit.

Amazing Member

It's so strange the names are mentioned so often yet nobody ever does anything against them.
    Do the companies think it's just harmless office talk and the women are overreacting or what? Do they just accept them because they are good writers?
    Before anyone asks the alleged names are:
    Eddie Berganza, Superman Editor
    Scott Lobdell
    Nathan Edmondson
    Brian Wood
    you can google their names + harassment and find countless links. So the info is out there but remember it's just allegations, only Berganza was once demoted "after an alleged series of indiscretions" and Scott Lobdell apoligized

Quote Originally Posted by kidhero1000 View Post
    It's so strange the names are mentioned so often yet nobody ever does anything against them.
    Do the companies think it's just harmless office talk and the women are overreacting or what? Do they just accept those creeps because they are good writers?
    Before anyone asks the alleged names are:
    Eddie Berganza, Superman Editor
    Scott Lobdell
    Nathan Edmondson
    Brian Wood
    you can google their names + harassment and find countless links. So the info is out there but remember it's just allegations, only Berganza was once demoted "after an alleged series of indiscretions" and Scott Lobdell apoligized
    I worked at a Fortune 500 company for 4 years. I was an HR generalist. I dealt with racial discrimination and sexual harassment claims.

Once, I managed a case so egregious--an executive vice president was damn near raping the women reporting to him. There were at LEAST a dozen claims against him and twice as many witnesses. My recommendation was IMMEDIATE termination.

Higher ups came down on me HARD because of that. They insisted that he couldn't be fired because he was too valuable to the company. They insisted that I find another means to solve the problem. Short of a lobotomy.

Finally, I suggested that all staff working with/reporting to him had to be male. They liked that idea.

The dozen women wound up filing lawsuits against the company and settled out of court. The EVP retired about ten years later with a fat chunk of change and ungodly stock options.

I was told by other HR people that this was the modus operandi for a great many companies because people in power regard sexual harassment/sexual assault as not that big of a deal and that victims of such need to "lighten up."

I worked at a Fortune 500 company for 4 years. I was an HR generalist. I dealt with racial discrimination and sexual harassment claims.

Once, I managed a case so egregious--an executive vice president was damn near raping the women reporting to him. There were at LEAST a dozen claims against him and twice as many witnesses. My recommendation was IMMEDIATE termination.

Higher ups came down on me HARD because of that. They insisted that he couldn't be fired because he was too valuable to the company. They insisted that I find another means to solve the problem. Short of a lobotomy.

Finally, I suggested that all staff working with/reporting to him had to be male. They liked that idea.

The dozen women wound up filing lawsuits against the company and settled out of court. The EVP retired about ten years later with a fat chunk of change and ungodly stock options.

I was told by other HR people that this was the modus operandi for a great many companies because people in power regard sexual harassment/sexual assault as not that big of a deal and that victims of such need to "lighten up."
    But Scott Lobdell is no where near valuable.

It's honestly really damn tragic that things like that happen in the corporate world.
    I always had a clue, since you know I have common sense. But to hear from a person's first hand experience about how messed up it is like that, is just sad as hell.

Oh man. EPIC FAIL!!!

BANNED

the problem is not that a worker is valuable, there is another 400 competent people hungry to be at his place.
    the problem is companies just don't care for women being sexually harassed.
    these women won at court?