Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I was really taken aback how much hate/dismissal Mastermen got when it hit. I expected it with The Just, because it plays so self-critically (there are no "worthy" people or heroes, except there are doctors and painters and a sorcerer supreme solving a murder; in our world these are often respectable jobs). But with Earth 10, we went from love and lauding to "meh, this is trash" and oversimplifications of the plot and characters.
    I liked Master men, but I would liked to see more of then Freedom Fighters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Check again, you can see the shadow of another bird above the dove, with a different silhoutte in his wings. Also, remember in the same page you can see how Peacemaker is being interrogated by Sarge Steel and President Eden.
    mmm, Eden, I had not catch that: Nightshade, Eve Eden;Captain Atom, Adam Allen. Biblical.
    I'm not convinced of that shadow, but I can't deny it, either.

Each issue is designed for us to really dig into, but that one really makes the request loud. "If I just stare a this long enough..."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Mighty Member

If he, in his disguise, read the comic, he wouldn't be able to see, for instance, the "NOT" on the cover's blurb of "You Must NOT Read This Comic!"
    Time to break out the "Transformers" spec-reader.

I was really taken aback how much hate/dismissal Mastermen got when it hit. I expected it with The Just, because it plays so self-critically (there are no "worthy" people or heroes, except there are doctors and painters and a sorcerer supreme solving a murder; in our world these are often respectable jobs). But with Earth 10, we went from love and lauding to "meh, this is trash" and oversimplifications of the plot and characters.
    I suspect it is because Morrison wrote Nazis as anything other than facade adversaries. In the hands of the wrong writers (as seen during "Countdown" and "Arena", Earth 10 is going to be "teh Justice Leeeg am Natchis", and that is what people see.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/