Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I would only say that Sinister is overall ok only because the home movie gags are all really good; but the bulk of the the movie, with stuff like the kids hopping around, and ancient Slipknot monster saying boo into the camera at the end are absolutely terrible. Sinister really plays like the script was a comedy, but director didn't realize it; which is bad, because the director was one of the writers. Emily Rose is pretty bad, but thankfully it's very forgettable. The Messengers is even more forgettable, because I know I've seen it, but even with a gun to my head I couldn't tell you one thing about it. I don't think I would use the words good to describe any Hellraiser movie post Hell on Earth.
    i like inferno it had a jacob's ladder thing going on Deader was fun and Hellworld had good things init to.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Friday the 13th
    really? after how bad the reboot was it would has to have a super cool trailer for me to see it in theaters.
    Last edited by choptop; 09-15-2015 at 12:38 PM.

BANNED

For the immediate future...
    The Martian.
    Superman v Batman.
    Captain America Civil War.
    SW: The Force Awakens.
    X-Men Apocalypse.
    Carol.
    Krampus.
    Paranormal Activity Ghost Dimension.
    Star Trek Beyond.

I also expect Batman The Killing Joke. Fingers crossed that by the time of the release, these stupid Capital Controls will be off and i will be able to buy from Amazon again.

BANNED

This is my to watch list for the next year

September
    - Black Mass
    - Sicaro
    - Everest

October
    - Crimson Peak
    - Legend
    - The Martian
    - Bridge of Spies

November
    - Spectre
    - Creed
    - Carol

December
    - In the Heart of the Sea
    - The Revenant
    - The Hateful Eight

February
    - Deadpool
    - Zoolander 2

March
    - Prometheus 2
    - Batman vs Superman

May
    - Captain America
    - X-men Apocalypse
    - Friday the 13th

July
    - The Secret Life of Pets
    - Star Trek Beyond

August
    - Suicide Squad
    Prometheus 2 will be out on March 2016?

That-Guy

1.Civil War
    2.Deadpool
    3. Batman vs Superman (hopefully it lives up to the hype)
    4. Black Panther
    5. The Killing Joke

http://10thingsweekly.blogspot.co.uk/

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

So far. . .

September
    Black Mass
    Sicario
    The Green Inferno

December
    Hateful Eight
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Definitely "Spectre" as I'm a huge James Bond fan.

Batman Vs Superman
    War Of The Planet Of The Apes
    Godzilla 2
    Skull Island
    Most R rated horror movies

Spectacular Member

I'm most excited for:

Spectre
    Star Wars: Episode VII
    Captain America: Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Prometheus 2 will be out on March 2016?
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/prometheus-2-2016

I guess Comingsoon screwed up and meant to put it for 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    really? after how bad the reboot was it would has to have a super cool trailer for me to see it in theaters.
    Well apples and oranges I enjoyed the soft reboot especially compared to the misery that was Nightmare on Elm Street or the disappointment of Zombi-ween.

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    So far. . .

September
    Black Mass
    Sicario
    The Green Inferno

December
    Hateful Eight
    Same - And Hopefully " Green Inferno" Goes Wide, and doesn't get pulled LOL, gunna be crazy.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    You say Dr. Strange cannot get here fast enough. But, how many Scott Derrickson movies have you seen? Knowing that Derrickson is doing it, Strange can just stay off in the distance.
    The cast they have lined up for Doctor Strange has me excited. Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel McAdams, Tilda Swinton, Mads Mikkelsen, and Chiwetal Ejiofor makes for a very stacked group of actors. The fact that they went with Derrickson as a director shows that they are really going for a horror type feel for the movie which sounds great to me also.

Well apples and oranges I enjoyed the soft reboot especially compared to the misery that was Nightmare on Elm Street or the disappointment of Zombi-ween.
    true out of the 3 it is best reboot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The cast they have lined up for Doctor Strange has me excited. Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel McAdams, Tilda Swinton, Mads Mikkelsen, and Chiwetal Ejiofor makes for a very stacked group of actors. The fact that they went with Derrickson as a director shows that they are really going for a horror type feel for the movie which sounds great to me also.
    Could also show they're going for an unintentional comedy type feel too. I wouldn't say that pick means they're going for a "horror type feel", their thinking might be "Strange fights horrorish stuff, and this guy makes horror movies kind of" but that doesn't mean it's going to be any different than the other movies. They got Kenneth Branagh most likely because he's so known for his Billy Shenkman stuff, but the Thor movie don't sound like no Shenkman play I've ever hear...for one thing there's not enough pussy jokes. Now with Branagh this kind of thinking payed off, because Branagh also happens to be a good director, especially visually. Scott Derrickson on the other hand isn't a good director, and on top of not being a good director, he's shown zero skill at doing anything that comes close to being like Doctor Strange. I want some crazy Steve Ditko stuff come to life in a Strange movie, and I want it done well, and I don't really think Derrickson can do that at all.

I really couldn't care less about Benedict Cumberbatch being in it; actually, that's wrong, because he seems like a horrible choices for playing Strange. It's like the casting director just got back from 2010: Oh hey, I just saw the first season of Sherlock; I bet ol' Cumberbaby can do anything. Well, it turns out he can't. Tilda Swinton and Mads Mikkelsen are great, but they're also working under a pretty terrible director. Michael Shannon is a great actor too, but you wouldn't know that watching Man of Steel.

- The new, Japanese Godzilla film (currently filming under the title of 'Shin Gojira')
    - Godzilla 2
    - Kong: Skull Island
    - King Kong vs. Godzilla
    - ... *fingers crossed* please let Pacific Rim 2 come to fruition.
    - Crimson Peak
    - Baby Driver (that's Edgar Wright's next film, right?)
    - Creed
    - When Marnie Was There (already had a limited theatrical release, waiting for home video - possibly the last Studio Ghibli feature!)
    - The VVitch (that's how you'd spell 'witch' using a 17th century typeface)
    - Star Wars
    - War of the Planet of the Apes

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Same - And Hopefully " Green Inferno" Goes Wide, and doesn't get pulled LOL, gunna be crazy.
    I'm not a Eli Roth fan, like at all. I thought Cabin Fever was okay, but Green Inferno certainly looks promising. I just wanna see some hippies getting cannibalized.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love