Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What upcoming movies are you most excited for?

For me it's,
    1. Gambit
    2. X-Men Apocalypse
    3. Avengers Infinity War
    4. Avengers Infinity War 2
    5. Deadpool
    6. District 10
    7. Captain America Civil War
    8. Star Wars Trilogy
    9. Thor Ragnarok
    10. Dr. Strange

Normally I think fantasy works better animated and sci-fi liveaction, but the upcoming Hollywood science-fiction just isn't grabbing me.
    My choices:

A Monster Calls: The book is one of the best fantasy releases in literature in the last five years, no matter what agegroup, and the cast is fantastic. Patrick Ness is excited for it and so am I.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: I'm the odd person who can't stand the Harry Potter books but owns all the movies on DVD, and think this film has a lot of potential. This'll be quite interesting to see -- a Hollywood big budget fantasy movie with a more scientifically minded protagonist and a plot that doesn't a massive war.

Moana: What can I say? I love Disney princess musicals and Polynesian folklore is always fun.

I wait for more plot and casting information before I decide on Dr. Strange.

suicide squad
    batman v superman
    X-Men Apocalypse
    Gambit
    Deadpool
    goosebumps
    fantastic four 2 if it happens
    assassin's creed
    resident evil
    saw 8.
    Last edited by choptop; 09-15-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Right now, Force Awakens is pretty much the only movie I'm excited for. Civil War is up there but too far away for me to really call it excitement.

Batman v Superman, X-Men Apocalypse and Suicide Squad are all on the fence. I'll decide if I want to see them after they have been out for a week or two.

I hated the Civil War comics series (I Know, I maybe in the minority there) so am more nervous than excited about it.

On the other hand, I'm actually feeling pretty good about the Batman V Superman dawn of justice.
    Yes, I want an Aquaman movie, and redemption for the Green Lantern so both of those sound great

Dr. Strange cannot get here fast enough! His origin is one of my top 10 favorites for all superhero kind

Non Super? I find myself very intrigued by Creed
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I hated the Civil War comics series (I Know, I maybe in the minority there) so am more nervous than excited about it.

On the other hand, I'm actually feeling pretty good about the Batman V Superman dawn of justice.
    Yes, I want an Aquaman movie, and redemption for the Green Lantern so both of those sound great

Dr. Strange cannot get here fast enough! His origin is one of my top 10 favorites for all superhero kind

Non Super? I find myself very intrigued by Creed
    I don't know, didn't everyone start bitching about Civil War like a year after it was done? (Mostly I think because of things not even in the main Civil War comic) I just want to know one thing, will it have Captain America surfing a jet? Civil War wasn't great, but I'm feeling nostalgic for it after Secret Wars. I wonder what that will be like when Marvel tries to do it later. 2015 Secret Wars is like someone saw Melancholia's art house take on a blockbuster and said, "Too blockbustery". Although Civil War is being done by the Russo brothers? Couldn't care less about it then.

You say Dr. Strange cannot get here fast enough. But, how many Scott Derrickson movies have you seen? Knowing that Derrickson is doing it, Strange can just stay off in the distance.

This is my to watch list for the next year

September
    - Black Mass
    - Sicaro
    - Everest

October
    - Crimson Peak
    - Legend
    - The Martian
    - Bridge of Spies

November
    - Spectre
    - Creed
    - Carol

December
    - In the Heart of the Sea
    - The Revenant
    - The Hateful Eight

February
    - Deadpool
    - Zoolander 2

March
    - Prometheus 2
    - Batman vs Superman

May
    - Captain America
    - X-men Apocalypse
    - Friday the 13th

July
    - The Secret Life of Pets
    - Star Trek Beyond

August
    - Suicide Squad

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I don't know, didn't everyone start bitching about Civil War like a year after it was done? (Mostly I think because of things not even in the main Civil War comic) I just want to know one thing, will it have Captain America surfing a jet?
    Oh, I hated Civil War, but Civil War Frontline maybe what you're thinking of as also a monument to stupid. Truthfully, the best thing to come out of Civil War (For me) was MightyGodKing's parody of it.

Civil War wasn't great, but I'm feeling nostalgic for it after Secret Wars. I wonder what that will be like when Marvel tries to do it later. 2015 Secret Wars is like someone saw Melancholia's art house take on a blockbuster and said, "Too blockbustery". Although Civil War is being done by the Russo brothers? Couldn't care less about it then.
    I avoided most of the Secret Wars stuff, though I did enjoy Renew your vows. I kind of had to buy it as with all my complaining about OMD, I was obligated to put my money where my mouth was. Actually, between CW and OMD, I ended up dropping a lot of Marvel for many years. I hope others enjoyed, but it no longer felt like the right universe for me.

You say Dr. Strange cannot get here fast enough. But, how many Scott Derrickson movies have you seen? Knowing that Derrickson is doing it, Strange can just stay off in the distance.
    You got me there. Looking at his IMDB page, I really havven't seen much/any of Derrickson's work. I'm still trying to stay positive about it though at least in this area.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

In order or debuting

• Star Wars:The Force Awakens
    • Black Mass
    • Sicaro
    • The Martian
    • Spectre
    • Creed
    • In the Heart of the Sea
    • The Hateful Eight
    • Deadpool
    • Batman vs Superman
    • Captain America: Civil War
    • X-men Apocalypse
    • Star Trek Beyond

With Captain America: Civil War being my number one.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Oh, I hated Civil War, but Civil War Frontline maybe what you're thinking of as also a monument to stupid. Truthfully, the best thing to come out of Civil War (For me) was MightyGodKing's parody of it.

I avoided most of the Secret Wars stuff, though I did enjoy Renew your vows. I kind of had to buy it as with all my complaining about OMD, I was obligated to put my money where my mouth was. Actually, between CW and OMD, I ended up dropping a lot of Marvel for many years. I hope others enjoyed, but it no longer felt like the right universe for me.

You got me there. Looking at his IMDB page, I really havven't seen much/any of Derrickson's work. I'm still trying to stay positive about it though at least in this area.
    Oh, a lot of Secret Wars is really good. Where Monsters Dwell, Hail Hydra, X-Men '92, Old Man Logan, Weirdworld, Secret Love, E is for Extinction, Captain Britain and the Might Defenders, Thors...there's a lot of Secret Wars comics to like. It's just that Secret Wars itself, the comic called Secret Wars, is boring pretentious garbage full of terribly written pseudo-intellectual technobabbleish nonsense. There's only two joys I get from the comic, one is that the art is at least nice looking, the other is imagining some studio guy looking over that comic and trying to figure out how that mess would make a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Hellraiser Inferno is good and Sinister The Exorcism of Emily Rose The Messengers are ok Devil's Knot is awful the rest i have not seen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Hellraiser Inferno is good and Sinister The Exorcism of Emily Rose The Messengers are ok Devil's Knot is awful the rest i have not seen.
    I would only say that Sinister is overall ok only because the home movie gags are all really good; but the bulk of the the movie, with stuff like the kids hopping around, and ancient Slipknot monster saying boo into the camera at the end are absolutely terrible. Sinister really plays like the script was a comedy, but director didn't realize it; which is bad, because the director was one of the writers. Emily Rose is pretty bad, but thankfully it's very forgettable. The Messengers is even more forgettable, because I know I've seen it, but even with a gun to my head I couldn't tell you one thing about it. I don't think I would use the words good to describe any Hellraiser movie post Hell on Earth.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Evangelion: FINAL (whenever the hell it's coming out...)
    Batman v. Superman
    Suicide Squad
    Star Wars Episode VIII
    Krampus
    Hateful Eight

X-Men Apocalypse, Bats vs Supes and even if i suspect heavily that it's going to be a complete joke, Suicide Squad.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Top 5 upcoming movies coming out this year that I'm interested in:

Black Mass
    Hotel Transylvania 2
    Spectre
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    The Hateful Eight

Top 5 movies coming out next year that I'm interested in:

Batman: The Killing Joke
    Deadpool
    Suicide Squad
    Kung Fu Panda 3
    Moana
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa