Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If you look elsewhere on these boards, you'll see how some fans are still reeling from comic book storylines that are many years old. Given that real people have a hard time getting past fictional storylines, I don't think it's too hard to imagine a character would still be feeling the effects of a relatively recent story that involved them in interdimensional travel and confronted them with various different alt. world versions of themselves.

I do agree that I'm not crazy about Gwen interacting too much with the 616 (or NuMarvel or whatever we're calling it) but I'm willing to wait and see how it's handled in the book before saying it's a bad move.

Freaking LOVE those ASM covers, by the way.
    Yeah, I get that... But that sort of thing took a lot of time from the previous volume, Spider-Ham included. I was just hoping they'd move on to something else already. I'm just not that interested in the whole multi dimensional angle, I'd prefer to just see Spider-Gwen having self-contained adventures on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Saga View Post
    In Carnage #2 cover (shouldn't this be here?), it looks like a symbiote takes control of John Jameson's body and turns him into Man Wolf again.
    Sorry, completely missed Carnage! And I wasn't sure if Venom would still belong here, given that it's more of a Guardians book nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Sorry, completely missed Carnage! And I wasn't sure if Venom would still belong here, given that it's more of a Guardians book nowadays.
    Sad true...

I wonder if these means Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool will potentially meet each other. Like a Deadpool/Spider-man team up
    Last edited by JLS Comics; 09-15-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Maybe I'm getting old, but none of these new spider books really interest me. I may give the new ASM issues a chance based on liking most of Slott's run (not so much his very recent stuff), but I'm not feeling the "global" Spider-Man premise. Kind of sad to see MJ moving over to Iron Man's book, though she really hasn't been utilized much in ASM.
    Last edited by Gnarlly; 09-15-2015 at 12:06 PM.

when I read "everyone's favorite hoodie wearing--" I immediately thought Ben was coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarlly View Post
    Maybe I'm getting old, but now of these new spider books really interest me. I may give the new ASM issues a chance based on liking most of Slott's run (not so much his very recent stuff), but I'm not feeling the "global" Spider-Man premise. Kind of sad to see MJ moving over to Iron Man's book, though she really hasn't been utilized much in ASM.
    i don't think this means she belongs in a different book though. she's a spider-man character. i don't see how she's nearly intersting apart from having a dynamic with peter.

and yeah. same thing with just ASM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    i don't think this means she belongs in a different book though. she's a spider-man character. i don't see how she's nearly intersting apart from having a dynamic with peter.

If Betty could steer away from bruce for a while and was reasonably well recieved then so Can MJ. I think MJ will become a meta human in the far future because Marvel wants her to to be with Peter on a elevated level pertaining his superhuman lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post

I haven't been following Iron Man in recent years, but what happened to Pepper Potts? or Tony's on/off again relationship with Black Widow? If Bethany Cabe is included, MJ will be at least the fourth Marvel red head Tony has been "involved" with (I don't think he was ever involved with Jean Gray, but you never know . . .). MJ's history with Tony Stark is very brief (Peter and MJ lived in Stark tower for a time, and I think the paparazzi said Tony/she were having a relationship because of that). Perhaps Marvel thinks they will draw Spider-Man readers over to Iron Man's book by including MJ, but other than that, I don't see what she brings to the Iron Man book. It's like bringing JJJ into another Marvel book; what's the point? Everyone knows those characters belong in Spider-Man's books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarlly View Post
    Maybe I'm getting old, but none of these new spider books really interest me. I may give the new ASM issues a chance based on liking most of Slott's run (not so much his very recent stuff), but I'm not feeling the "global" Spider-Man premise. Kind of sad to see MJ moving over to Iron Man's book, though she really hasn't been utilized much in ASM.
    Pretty much my feelings on the matter. At least I still have Miles for some good old fashioned, street level Spidey action, I guess....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I might buy Invincible Iron Man #4 just to see Mary Jane being relevant in a post-Secret Wars comic. Both of the covers look pretty great too, but I didn't realize MJ had so many freckles.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Yay Green Goblin is back, but is it Norman?

I like that Maximum Carnage tribute cover~
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Yay Green Goblin is back, but is it Norman?
    It appears Norman's gone global too .

BANNED

why they ruining spider-gwen already?!

Peter should inspire an Anansi super-character for an African country.