View Poll Results: Do you think Miles Morales NEEDS to be 'THE' Spider-Man in the Marvel Comics main universe?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Miles is 'THE' Spider-Man, why they don't kill Peter or send him to China while they are at it?

8 19.51%
  • No, I'd rather see Miles developing his own alter ego and mythology like Spider-Gwen or Silk.

33 80.49%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Which are more important the sales of single issues or the sales of collected issues? Or do trade sales don't matter since they don't help Zauri's arguments?
    Last edited by Coolatta; 09-16-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolatta View Post
    Which are more important the sales of single issues or the sales of collected issues? Or do trade sales don't matter since they don't help Zauri's arguments?
    well the skewed poll questions encourage misleading results...

Of course TPBs sales matter; but are you seriously implying the amount of TPBs sales justifies Miles Morales so called popularity among buying comic book fans?

Because let me tell you, things don't look better for him when you look at his TPBs sales numbers either:

January:

1 Death of Wolverine HC Amazon data for this TPB $24.99 Marvel 8,450
    6 Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 Spider-Verse Prelude Amazon data for this TPB $17.99 Marvel 3,846
    21 Ms Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 2,496
    * This month Miles comics TPBs didn't make the rank

February:

1 Superman Earth One HC Vol. 3 Amazon data for this TPB $22.99 DC 12,430
    8 Ms Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 3,426
    15 Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1 Out of Time Amazon data for this TPB $17.99 Marvel 2,556

March:

2 Ms Marvel Vol. 2 Generation Why Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 5,400
    50 Ms Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 1,745
    *This month Miles comics didn't make the rank

April:

2 Avengers Rage of Ultron HC Amazon data for this TPB $24.99 Marvel 10,934
    11 Amazing Spider-Man Edge of Spider-Verse Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 4,655
    * This month Miles comics didn't make the rank of top 428 TPBs

May:

1 Batman Earth One HC Vol. 2 Amazon data for this TPB $24.99 DC 16,702
    26 Ms. Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 2,441
    * This month Miles TPBs didn't rank on top 392 TPBs

June:

4 Ms Marvel Vol. 3 Crushed Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 5,506
    19 Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2 Revelations Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 Marvel 2,687
    31 Ms Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 2,331

July:

1 Fables Vol. 22 Amazon data for this TPB $17.99 DC 14,178
    11 Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 Spider-Verse Amazon data for this TPB $24.99 Marvel 4,204
    50 Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Coll Book 1 Amazon data for this TPB $34.99 Marvel 1,877

August:

1 Walking Dead Vol. 24 Life And Death Amazon data for this TPB $14.99 Image 20,778
    13 Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 Graveyard Shift Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 3,199
    * This month Miles Morales TPBs didn't rank in the Top 351 TPBs

Do you really want to bring this sales as proof that Miles is totally selling well? Let me add that at least one of this Miles TPBs listed here was brand new. Regardless the way you look at, Miles Morales isn't a big seller of comics. Do you remember when he was even featured among Comixology's top sellers? I feel kinda bad for bringing the numbers, but they don't lie: the populace of comic book readers buying Miles Morales comics is very tiny.
    Last edited by ijacksparrow; 09-16-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    well the skewed poll questions encourage misleading results...
    I don't think the poll question is skewed by a longmile; the first option does have a little bit of jest, but the second one and the one that is resonating with the most of the board is quite plain and simple: wouldn't be better if Miles Morales had his own alter ego and mythos, like Spider-Gwen and Silk? The fact that the majority of the board agrees is just tiny of bit of representation, but it's in line with how many Spider-Man fans are out there next to Miles. "Oh but why won't fans just leave Miles alone", well, this character has been gone for far too long without critic scrutiny, if he's about to enter the big leagues, Marvel should know how the Spider-Man fans feel with two Spider-Man titles with two different characters in the same universe. Manifesting that we'd like Miles to have his own alter ego instead of borrowing Spider-Man's is a valid and fair statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    I don't think the poll question is skewed by a longmile; the first option does have a little bit of jest, but the second one and the one that is resonating with the most of the board is quite plain and simple: wouldn't be better if Miles Morales had his own alter ego and mythos, like Spider-Gwen and Silk? The fact that the majority of the board agrees is just tiny of bit of representation, but it's in line with how many Spider-Man fans are out there next to Miles. "Oh but why won't fans just leave Miles alone", well, this character has been gone for far too long without critic scrutiny, if he's about to enter the big leagues, Marvel should know how the Spider-Man fans feel with two Spider-Man titles with two different characters in the same universe. Manifesting that we'd like Miles to have his own alter ego instead of borrowing Spider-Man's is a valid and fair statement.
    do you think x ethnicity of people need to be equal in x country?
    Yes, x ethnicity should, why don't they kill the majority ethnicity or send them to China while they are at it?
    No, I'd rather see x ethnicity develop their own culture and be given land away from the majority.

you've used leading questions, loaded answer options, absolutes... and that's just the start. i know, i know this is a cbr fan poll and not an officially designed survey but i deal with market research surveys regularly and this makes my head spin with its obviously loaded intentions. it's not asking for a fair and open tally of opinions, it's begging to be agreed with.
    Last edited by boots; 09-16-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Of course TPBs sales matter; but are you seriously implying the ammount of TPBs sales justify Miles Morales so called popularity among buying comic book fans?

Because let me tell you, things don't look better for him when you look at his TPBs sales numbers either:

January:

1 Death of Wolverine HC Amazon data for this TPB $24.99 Marvel 8,450
    6 Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 Spider-Verse Prelude Amazon data for this TPB $17.99 Marvel 3,846
    21 Ms Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 2,496

February:

1 Superman Earth One HC Vol. 3 Amazon data for this TPB $22.99 DC 12,430
    8 Ms Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 3,426
    15 Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1 Out of Time Amazon data for this TPB $17.99 Marvel 2,556

March:

2 Ms Marvel Vol. 2 Generation Why Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 5,400
    50 Ms Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 1,745
    *This month Miles comics didn't make the rank

April:

2 Avengers Rage of Ultron HC Amazon data for this TPB $24.99 Marvel 10,934
    11 Amazing Spider-Man Edge of Spider-Verse Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 4,655
    * This month Miles comics didn't make the rank of top 428 TPBs

May:

1 Batman Earth One HC Vol. 2 Amazon data for this TPB $24.99 DC 16,702
    26 Ms. Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 2,441
    * This month Miles TPBs didn't rank on top 392 TPBs

June:

4 Ms Marvel Vol. 3 Crushed Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 5,506
    19 Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2 Revelations Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 Marvel 2,687
    31 Ms Marvel Vol. 1 No Normal Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 2,331

July:

1 Fables Vol. 22 Amazon data for this TPB $17.99 DC 14,178
    11 Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 Spider-Verse Amazon data for this TPB $24.99 Marvel 4,204
    50 Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Coll Book 1 Amazon data for this TPB $34.99 Marvel 1,877

August:

1 Walking Dead Vol. 24 Life And Death Amazon data for this TPB $14.99 Image 20,778
    13 Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 Graveyard Shift Amazon data for this TPB $15.99 Marvel 3,199
    * This month Miles Morales TPBs didn't rank in the Top 351 TPBs

Do you really want to bring this sales as proof that Miles is totally selling well? Let me add that at least one of this Miles TPBs listed here was brand new. Regardless the way you look at, Miles Morales isn't a big seller of comics. Do you remember when he was even featured among Comixology's top sellers? I feel kinda bad for bringing the numbers, but they don't lie: the populace of comic book readers buying Miles Morales comics is very tiny.
    it funny your use 2015 sales numbers as fact but not look at 2012, 2013 and 2014 numbers

do you think x ethnicity of people need to be equal in x country?
    Yes, x ethnicity should, why they don't kill the majority ethnicity or send them to China while they are at it?
    No, I'd rather see x ethnicity develop their own culture and be given land away from the majority.

you've used leading questions, loaded answer options, absolutes... and that's just the start. i know, i know this is a cbr fan poll and not an officially designed survey but i deal with market research surveys regularly and this makes my head spin with its obviously loaded intentions. it's not asking for a fair and open tally of opinions, it's begging to be agreed with.
    The objective of the thread is to show the discontentment of the Spider-Man fans with a character usurping his name and mythos because Bendis and Quesada thought it'd be a good idea to leech from its brand. Good satellite characters of popular characters like Spider-Man add to the mythos, they do not make a divide between fans. As a Spider-Man fan, I don't want Miles to be killed off so Spider-Man can keep being seen as the one and only Spider-Man; I want Morales to get his own alter ego and pathos, like the majority of people here. Saying that I'm inducing people think like that is a BIG fallacy, I'm just echoing the sentiment of many and that's clear from all the standpoints that you want to look at, regarding of you "market research surveys" or not.

The objective of the thread is to show the discontentment of the Spider-Man fans with a character usurping his name and mythos because Bendis and Quesada thought it'd be a good idea to leech from its brand. Good satellite characters of popular characters like Spider-Man add to the mythos, they do not make a divide between fans. As a Spider-Man fan, I don't want Miles to be killed off so Spider-Man can keep being seen as the one and only Spider-Man; I want Morales to get his own alter ego and pathos, like the majority of people here. Saying that I'm inducing people think like that is a BIG fallacy, I'm just echoing the sentiment of many and that's clear from all the standpoints that you want to look at, regarding of you "market research surveys" or not.
    there we go. leading with bias to confirm bias.

just so everyone is clear that it's a loaded poll.

Quote Originally Posted by theshow07 View Post
    it funny your use 2015 sales numbers as fact but not look at 2012, 2013 and 2014 numbers
    Do you really want me to keep going? Besides, if there are so much huge evidences that Morales was a hell of a big seller back in 2012-2014, how about you bring that to the thread yourself and source it like I did? I even looked into the sales of December 2014, but he wasn't even listed there. Regardless of that, it's crystal clear that his comic sales don't justify him becoming "THE" Spider-Man of the All-New, All-Different Marvel relaunch. If there's a character that deserves that kind of exposure and has the demand to back it up that's Spider-Gwen, not Morales.

*Yawn* I am so bored of Peter stans, who like to pin the blame on Miles as a result of their own frustrations with the Peter character and Peter's recent direction. It is so tiring to see the same people use psuedo intellect with what they deem as proof for their mistreatment/dislike of Miles. Ya'll spades don't want to be called spades, so you're using Bendis writing Miles as an excuse, and the whole 'I love black Wally West lol (too bad that character is walking stereotype of black boys with behavioral issues). Peter is still appearing in all these different platforms, and people still find the time to whine about Miles, and will probably continue to do so as long as Miles exist. I mean we still have people clinging to the hope Miles will go back to his own universe so they can pretend he doesn't exist lol.

I am so surprised that the same boards keep being brought up and mods haven't started to referring to them as spam and deleting them, it's seriously the same hate proganda that talks in circles but a different kind of OP who also seems to have too much free time on their hands.

All these platforms that feature Peter must suck, cause these Peter stans can not ever go a few days without mentioning Miles. Dan you're not doing your job

there we go. leading with bias to confirm bias.

just so everyone is clear that it's a loaded poll.
    If you can't argument WHY Miles deserves to be Spider-Man, attack the validity of the guy standing up and saying "enough". Very shallow argument going from your end, and I should know since that's my line of work.

If you can't argument WHY Miles deserves to be Spider-Man, attack the validity of the guy standing up and saying "enough". Very shallow argument going from your end, and I should know since that's my line of work.
    i've very clearly laid out my points previously in this thread without a hint of attack, so if you want to try and paint me as a bully with shallow arguments, feel free to do so... but the evidence is against you.

the poll is designed with an intended bias and you admit that. the only difference is that i think a poll should try and gather accurate info, you feel it should be used to fight for your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    *Yawn* I am so bored of Peter stans, who like to pin the blame on Miles as a result of their own frustrations with the Peter character and Peter's recent direction. It is so tiring to see the same people use psuedo intellect with what they deem as proof for their mistreatment/dislike of Miles. Ya'll spades don't want to be called spades, so you're using Bendis writing Miles as an excuse, and the whole 'I love black Wally West lol (too bad that character is walking stereotype of black boys with behavioral issues). Peter is still appearing in all these different platforms, and people still find the time to whine about Miles, and will probably continue to do so as long as Miles exist. I mean we still have people clinging to the hope Miles will go back to his own universe so they can pretend he doesn't exist lol.

I am so surprised that the same boards keep being brought up and mods haven't started to referring to them as spam and deleting them, it's seriously the same hate proganda that talks in circles but a different kind of OP who also seems to have too much free time on their hands.

All these platforms that feature Peter must suck, cause these Peter stans can not ever go a few days without mentioning Miles. Dan you're not doing your job
    I'm a Spider-Man fan, and I'm very excited with Dan Slott keeping the Amazing Spider-Man book and I'm looking forward to Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man in the MCU. Calling me and others here "Peter stans" is borderline offensive, and what is in question is the merit of a replacement character that keeps getting sales lower every month that passes getting promoted to "THE" Spider-Man of the main universe. I never said that I love Wally West, I said that making Wally West is an idea as good as making Nick Fury black, and at the face value I approve the idea. I don't have a single clue if the character is stereotyped, but because Miles isn't, doesn't mean that there isn't stereotypes at play in his supporting cast: the token black relative that is a small time criminal is there since the first issue of the character. Also, not making Morales himself a stereotype isn't better than making him a carbon copy of Bendis Peter Parker with a different skin color.

i've very clearly laid out my points previously in this thread without a hint of attack, so if you want to try and paint me as a bully with shallow arguments, feel free to do so... but the evidence is against you.

the poll is designed with an intended bias and you admit that. the only difference is that i think a poll should try and gather accurate info, you feel it should be used to fight for your cause.

I'm not painting you as a bully. You're doing that yourself. I'm not using the poll to fight for my cause, I'm a Spider-Man fan and here's a Spider-Man board. It's about time Marvel start noticing that a lot of Spider-Man fans aren't happy with Morales keeping the Spider-Man name in the main universe. The first option of the thread reflects what happened with the ultimate Peter and what is about to happen with Spider-Man in the main universe. Anyone with average interpretation skills that the meat of the poll is: "do you think Miles should get his own alter ego and mythos instead of borrowing from Spider-Man? Yes or No", but I trust people that voted on the thread now exactly where I'm coming from and that's why the majority want Miles to get his own pathos, instead of keep hanging in Spidey's shadow.

I'm not painting you as a bully. You're doing that yourself. I'm not using the poll to fight for my cause, I'm a Spider-Man fan and here's a Spider-Man board. It's about time Marvel start noticing that a lot of Spider-Man fans aren't happy with Morales keeping the Spider-Man name in the main universe. The first option of the thread reflects what happened with the ultimate Peter and what is about to happen with Spider-Man in the main universe. Anyone with average interpretation skills that the meat of the poll is: "do you think Miles should get his own alter ego and mythos instead of borrowing from Spider-Man? Yes or No", but I trust people that voted on the thread now exactly where I'm coming from and that's why the majority want Miles to get his own pathos, instead of keep hanging in Spidey's shadow.
    i see someone who unfairly attacks another as a bully, which is what you implied i was doing.

you seem to have something to prove, but i'm happy to let this rest with what i've already written.