Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
Well I think by now, everyone has seen the big announcement surrounding Death of X. It's official now. We're going to learn what happened to Cyclops and it'll come through Death of X. With an ominous title like that, I'm sure it'll lift everyone's spirits.

But seriously, I'm glad we're finally getting some clarity/closure on this issue. In my opinion, Marvel let it drag out way too long. But better late than never, I guess?

As for what might actually occur, after reading this I think my theory needs to be revised again. I was on the fences for a while as to whether Cyclops was actually dead. Now I think the indication is clear. Cyclops really did die. There's no ambiguity about it. His adult self is dead and buried with no chance of coming back. With the O5 in the present, he doesn't need to anyways. I think Marvel knew this when they decided to bring the O5 back in All-New X-men. This is just another step in that process, taking Cyclops off the table completely and allowing his O5 version to pick up the pieces and eventually tweak the timeline.

In terms of the particulars, I think it's safe to say the 4chan rumor is moot at this point. Cyclops is NOT helping anyone behind the scenes. I think it's more likely that Marvel needs to go for broke here and make Cyclops the most sadistic, evil character they can possibly make. That's exactly what Lemire and Soule are going to do. I think this means Cyclops launching an attack against the Inhumans with the intent of wiping them out completely. Maybe he drops a Phoenix bomb or something, but I think they're going to have him go completely genocidal on the Inhumans. He's going to try to wipe out both the royal family and the Terrigen Mists in one attack. But to make matters worse and to solidify his status as the most hated person in all of Marvel, his plan ends up killing hundreds if not thousands of humans in the process. He fails to hurt the Inhumans. In fact, he makes them stronger, as we've seen with their recent growth. But he does completely discredit the entire mutant race because he just goes full genocidal.

Now I don't deny this is grossly OOC for Cyclops. Magneto would definitely be more likely to use such tactics. In fact, there are a long list of characters who would likely do something like this. However, Marvel needs to take Cyclops off the board so they're willing to do this. And there's another reason for it as well. They have a replacement in the wings with O5 Cyclops. This effectively sets him up to fill the void and, eventually, retcon chunks of the timeline to undo his adult self's evil. I think this was always the endgame for Cyclops, going all the way back to Second Coming. Marvel knew that at some point, they had to kill him and this is just them finally getting around to it. An 8-month time skip is the perfect opportunity and they're using it. And thanks to having time-displaced X-men in place, they already have a mechanism for undoing the OOC aspects down the line. We've already seen Captain America's history rewritten. I think it's only a matter of time before others follow suit.

This is my theory. I would say that they're almost always wrong, but for once I was right about predicting the story behind Death of X. So maybe I'll get lucky again. We'll see, but again, take every one of my crazy theories with a grain of salt.
Too complex plan
Are you read civil war II and Iron Man?

marvel is unable to make a plan that covers more than a year of comics, sometimes even six months, less Marvel had a plan for O5 from the beginning

I would like to see only Cyke fenix, this solves all problems, dies being fenix, and Cyke will take to sleep in the egg until next creative team