Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

During the 8 month gap proceeding Secret Wars, a major skirmish erupts between the Inhumans and Cyclops' revolutionaries. It happens when a new form of the Terrigen Mist, which was already hinted at in the pages of Ms. Marvel #18, is unleashed from New Attilan. B
    No, massively wrong. Ms marvel 18 didn't release any new form of T-Mist. all that happen was Kamala's evil ex took a vile of what he thought was the T-mist so kamala's brother could undergo terrogenesis. It was CM who points it what kamala's evil ex stole wasn't it. Also it was contained in a room.

The T-Bomb is was BB did in Infinity.

I don't get why so many people think that Cyclops causes the mists to become poisonous to mutants when it has already been shown before that concentrated mists have negative effects on mutants (even if they did re-power them momentarily) and we now know that apparently the mists that cause all these problems are apparently released by an Inhuman villain and are somewhat different from the mists released by Black Bolt. It seems pretty clear that this Inhuman bad guy is the one behind the release of the deadly mists so Cyclops and Black Bolt are probably not to blame for this (at least directly).

I'm sure that whatever it is that Cyclops did that was so horrible has to do with his long awaited revolution, which of course, after all the build up will be taking place off panel during the time skip. Maybe he caused the death of some humans or inhumans? But I doubt that he had anything to do with making the T-mist deadly to mutants directly.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I wonder how these people even think Scott would pull something like that? Is he an evil scientist all the sudden? Or any scientist at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I wonder how these people even think Scott would pull something like that? Is he an evil scientist all the sudden? Or any scientist at all?
    Well, he is the villain of AvX, isnt it ?.

He will be fine, having a threesome with Emma and Maria Hill.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Havok is still with him maybe?
    There's no way Havok survives UXM #600. Marvel might've thrown a curve ball by having Havok impersonate Cyclops prior to SW, but all the ANAD Cyclops-whining pretty much nixes such a theory.

We're pretty much back to square one, aka flatscans accidentally putting Havok down, Tempus showing up for yet another tantrum and Cyke wigging the efff out.

I'd love to see a book where Gambit (powerless) gathers a team consisting of: Emma (in permanent diamond form, otherwise the T-mist will affect her), Domino (powerless), Warpath (powerless), Sunspot (the same way as Emma) and Rachel (well, not quite affected). They go on a search and rescue mission to save Cyclops from the Inhumans (Black Bolt imprisoned him).

After some additional discussions in other threads, I've come up with a few tweaks to my theory that I'd like to put out there. I still think it's as valid as any of my theories can be, given my track record with making predictions. But it does have one shortcoming. It doesn't necessary explain the division between the Jean Grey Institute version of the X-men and the O5. It's not enough for Cyclops to just pick a fight with the Inhumans and lose. There has to be other factors involved to create this kind of division. And I think there's another factor that might play into what we've seen since AvX.

I think it's fairly likely at some point that the release of this new brand of Terrigen Mist comes from a conflict between the Inhumans and the X-men that takes place in the 8-month gap. I actually don't think Black Bolt will be behind it. I think one of his enemies might be the one who unleashes it. He might even team up with Cyclops to stop him. However, the deciding factor doesn't come from his actions. It comes from the inactions of the other X-men. As we saw in the lead-up to Secret Wars, Cyclops has been doing his own thing with Nation X. And the rest of the X-men still don't trust him. They still blame him for the death of Charles Xavier. So when he says there's something going on with the Inhumans and they need to fight, they're reluctant. They think Cyclops is trying to pick a war with the Inhumans or trying to rally humans against the Inhumans to help mutants. So they choose not to help. As a result, he loses the battle to stop the mist.

This inaction would definitely drive a wedge between the Jean Grey Institute staff and the O5 X-men. They would see their inaction as a pretty egregious act, one that did a lot of damage to mutants and humans alike. I can see Jean, the O5, and even other students like Oya and Evan just ditching the X-men because they feel they've become too petty and short-sighted. It's basically the worst possible effect by the lingering schism in the team.

Again, I'm probably wrong. I think this would make a lot of sense and that's exactly why it probably won't happen. Marvel tends to shy away from any stories that make too much sense and right now, I imagine they'll find some way to make Cyclops a bigger villain out of this. I think it's a very petty on Marvel's part, wanting Cyclops to be a villain. But it would be in line with how they've been handling him since AvX. He's the face of the X-men now that Wolverine is dead. And since Marvel has a vendetta against anything they don't own the movie rights for, I think he has the biggest target on his back right now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This topic has been discussed in a number of threads in some form or another so I thought I'd create a single thread to focus on this issue. At the moment, it's the biggest mystery of the post-Secret Wars re-launch. What happened to Cyclops? What exactly were the "terrible acts committed by mutant revolutionary Cyclops" that put mutants in the crosshairs? Exactly what is the extent of the "damage" he's done? Is he even alive after the 8-month gap? And what happened between him and the Inhumans?

These are all pressing questions. The answers are essential to the setup of the X-books after Secret Wars. We've already seen a preview of Extraordinary X-men #1 where O5 Jean laments what happened to him. We also have seen on the covers of All-New X-men depictions of the O5 team crossing out pictures of Cyclops' revolutionary team. So what does this mean? Well, that's what I'd like to discuss here in this thread. And I also want to open it up to any speculation and/or theories about what happened.

Now I've made my share of predictions before. Almost every time, I've been dead wrong. I am not Rich Johnson. I have no insight whatsoever. I'm just assessing the situation as is currently understood. So with that in mind, don't put much stock into anything I try and predict. I'm almost always wrong.

That said, I do have a couple theories about what happened after Secret Wars. Here's the theory and I think is most likely.

Inhuman/X-men War Theory

During the 8 month gap proceeding Secret Wars, a major skirmish erupts between the Inhumans and Cyclops' revolutionaries. It happens when a new form of the Terrigen Mist, which was already hinted at in the pages of Ms. Marvel #18, is unleashed from New Attilan. Based on the EXM #1 preview, we already know it causes disease and sterilization in mutants. As soon as Cyclops finds this out, he confronts Black Bolt and urges him to stop it. Black Bolt refuses, claiming that they would be denied an entire generation of Inhumans.

As a result, a major war erupts and Cyclops unleashes his Sentinels on New Attilan in the hopes of stopping the mists. The Inhumans fight back and during the conflict, more of the mist is released. So in the end, Cyclops and his team fails. This forces Cyclops and his team to retreat. In the process, Cyclops is detained again by the Inhumans and turned over to the Avengers. As a result, he's relegated to a SHIELD holding cell. And to ensure that further conflict between mutants and Inhumans doesn't continue, Beast offers to join the Inhumans in finding a cure for the effects of the mist.

For the mutants who are affected, the remaining X-men under Storm create a save haven in space for mutants and regularly shuttle them to this haven. It was recently revealed Alpha Flight is on some kind of space station with Captain Marvel. Perhaps this is where mutants are being sheltered until the mists are dealt with.

In addition to the effects, the spread of the mists causes more Inhumans to emerge. Plus, the attacks by Cyclops give mutants an even worse public image. He's already a revolutionary who has openly defied humans. This would heighten anti-mutant sentiment. And it could inspire the O5 team to set out on their own to help repair that image.

As I said, this is the theory I think is most likely. However, my prediction rate is pitiful so this might get debunked by the time New York Comic Con rolls around or even before, depending on new solicits.

I do have other theories, one of which involves Cyclops dying or becoming terminally ill in this Inhuman/mutant war. But for now I think this is the one I'm sticking with. If anyone has other theories they want to share or discuss, I think they're worth discussing. We'll find out soon enough, but there's still plenty of time to speculate.
    I wonder if this would make Captain Marvel an "X" title.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Since Black Bolt is the cause of the Terrigen Mist, I'm going to predict that Cyclops has taken in self-imposed exile to Space to track him down to find a solution. Scott being Scott, this is probably also going to be why he comes into conflict with the Inhumans.
    this whole eight months later thing is confusing me. Has this already happened off panel, or are we going to see it unfold somewhere?

i'm sure he's captured by the inhumans. that "things to come" page had him on it and soule said he was there for a reason, so i think he'll be in uncanny inhumans

Xmen inactivity theory.
    Gotta little nugget to throw on this theory: WHere is Magneto? If you are right and the X-men not responding to Cyke's call, wouldn't he have contacted Mags for the extra muscle? Barring that Magneto just couldn't be contacted at the time.

Also would the Cyke death/MIA help spark Magneto to make the new UXM?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Gotta little nugget to throw on this theory: WHere is Magneto? If you are right and the X-men not responding to Cyke's call, wouldn't he have contacted Mags for the extra muscle? Barring that Magneto just couldn't be contacted at the time.

Also would the Cyke death/MIA help spark Magneto to make the new UXM?
    Unless issue 600 has 600 pages, we will never know what happened between Scott and Mags. By the way, this will be a major miss by Bendis since the first few issues of UX and ANX were in part centered on their relantionship.

I gotta be honest, I hope this will lead into something like Magneto where Cyclops gets his own ongoing where he's just on his own doing what he believes is best for mutantkind. I say this because Cyclops is still a good character who wants to do good for other mutants, and if he doesn't have the X-men by his side anymore he should take things into his own hands; not to mention get to understand his view of how drastically his life has changed in the past few years.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't believe no one joked about Cyke trying to sacrifice Inhuman babies and open up a hell dimension in New Attilan.