Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Can't believe no one joked about Cyke trying to sacrifice Inhuman babies and open up a hell dimension in New Attilan.
    Illyana would be proud of her young apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Gotta little nugget to throw on this theory: WHere is Magneto? If you are right and the X-men not responding to Cyke's call, wouldn't he have contacted Mags for the extra muscle? Barring that Magneto just couldn't be contacted at the time.

Also would the Cyke death/MIA help spark Magneto to make the new UXM?
    That's a good question and one I didn't really address. I'm not sure where he would be, but I think Cyclops would reach out to him. He's worked with him enough in Uncanny to know that he'll always help when he thinks mutants are in danger and this definitely qualifies. But I noticed towards the end of Uncanny X-men that Magneto kind of just ran off to do his own thing. He stopped working with Cyclops and followed his own goals. So if that holds after Secret Wars, then I think it could be the case that he didn't find out about the Inhumans issue until after it happened. I imagine Cyclops has an easier time contacting his fellow X-men than he does Magneto. He may have tried, but Magneto might have just been MIA as he so often is.

But I like the idea that he sees what happens to Cyclops as a catalyst for forming his Uncanny X-men team. While the rest of the X-men are shocked and divided, Magneto gets even more focused. He's willing to be much more ruthless than the X-men are willing to be in this dangerous new world. And I think that's perfectly within his character.

Again, all this assumes a lot. And most of the time, my theories end up being dead wrong. But based on my current theory, this is what I think is most likely.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Illyana would be proud of her young apprentice.
    It's Maddie I'm rather thinking off. She'll be devastated to find out Scott's off-panel antics are getting more press.

I love the double moral or the Avengers, humans and SHIELD when is about the mutants... they never help the mutants to have justice about what others do to them and when mutants tries to get justice by themselves they are the bad ones...

If Black Bolt were a mutants and the victims of the mist were inhumans, I'm pretty sure that now everybody will be hunting the mutants...

That is why my favorite comic is Planet Hulk, when Hulk put some superheroes in a court and show them how bad they are...

I'm not ok to an attack to Attila or to humans being... but at last I want the rest of the heroes to do something to help the mutants and this one I want Black Bolt to be judged, because for me he is a serial murder, even though he did what he did without knowing the consequences of the mist
    Last edited by datugu; 09-17-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Cyke will only appear in the uncanny inhumans book probably doing something rather cool like hunting BB, looking to sabatoge the entire kingdom, destroying attilan, something that will take a long time on panel. This will get readers who like cyclops to keep buying inhumans and follow his plot while learning about the royal family and *hopefully* like them. Once Cyke is ready to do whatever he was planning for x amount of issues, it will fail and he will leave or become their prisoner. This will still keep x-fans reading with the hope that they have developed an appreciation for the inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    I'd love to see a book where Gambit (powerless) gathers a team consisting of: Emma (in permanent diamond form, otherwise the T-mist will affect her), Domino (powerless), Warpath (powerless), Sunspot (the same way as Emma) and Rachel (well, not quite affected). They go on a search and rescue mission to save Cyclops from the Inhumans (Black Bolt imprisoned him).
    Sounds neat. Who should write it

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Cyke will only appear in the uncanny inhumans book probably doing something rather cool like hunting BB, looking to sabatoge the entire kingdom, destroying attilan, something that will take a long time on panel. This will get readers who like cyclops to keep buying inhumans and follow his plot while learning about the royal family and *hopefully* like them. Once Cyke is ready to do whatever he was planning for x amount of issues, it will fail and he will leave or become their prisoner. This will still keep x-fans reading with the hope that they have developed an appreciation for the inhumans.
    That might actually be an interesting concept. I might even start following Uncanny Inhumans if Cyclops was a major character in that series. We already know that Beast will be joining the cast of Inhumans. It's likely his joining will be driven by the events surrounding the Terrigen Mist. It might also be a result of whatever happens in The Trial of Hank McCoy. So why couldn't Cyclops also be involved?

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Marvel wants to prop up Inhumans. The X-men are an obstacle. So what better way to circumvent it than to incorporate one of the X-men's most notable characters in Cyclops? This is all still contingent on whether Black Bolt actually was responsible for releasing this version of the mist that affects mutants. I still think it's more likely that someone else unleashes it, possibly Maximus. But once it's unleashed, Cyclops decides to get more involved with the Inhumans to address this issue. And from a purely pragmatic concept, they could provide a safe haven. As we saw in the lead-up to Secret Wars, he's still a fugitive. The Avengers still want to throw him in jail. SHIELD wants to detain him. And nobody in the Jean Grey Institute wants anything to do with him. The Inhumans, ironically enough, could provide him a safe haven.

While that would make sense, I just think it's less likely than my theory because it doesn't make Cyclops enough of a villain. That's what Marvel seems to be pushing for lately. They've been doing it since AvX. I get the sense that if Cyclops is involved in Uncanny Inhumans, he'll be a villain in the crudest possible way. That's just the only thing Marvel seems to do with Cyclops anymore. It's tragic, but that's the current state we're in.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Exactly!
    Marvel comics will be lame and lazy when post Secret Wars 616 Scott Summers is up and around. It will be a cop out to the max for sure!
    I think they will use the Scott of the comic Ultimate End!!!

If they are going to try (and fail) and make Cyke into a villain I would like them at least to give a reason. Maybe residual effects from when he was Apocalypse, or because he still has a sliver of the Void inside his head.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

-Scott retains Phoenix Force after Secret Wars.
    -Joins forces with Kang.
    -Kicks Black Bolt in the d*ck for poisoning mutants
    -Back-stabs Kang.
    -Hooks up with Crystal.

The End.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Sounds neat. Who should write it
    Humm, good question. I'd love to see Rucka writing an X-Men book again.

Any suggestions?

The artist would be Kenneth Rocafort

As far as I know there's been only 1 page-wide panel flashback to a scene of the Inhuman/X-men war resulting in the apparent death of Cyclops. But it's driving me crazy trying to relocat it. It's a faraway panaramic view of some battle IIRC. Seem to recall a messystyle image so it could be from any book - EXM, UXM, AXM, an Inhuman or Alcuna book? Can anyone remind me what issue # that is or post the panel here? That would be helpful.

Ultimate Member

My fear is that they're setting up Scott to be some sort of Mutant Messiah when he comes back, that he'll have all of the answers and such...

In Jesusclops we trust.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Or he's been slumming in a nice apartment watching Dog Cops, because he has ran out of F's to give.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.