Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "The Fade Out" Ends, "Spawn" Takes on Satan & More in Image Comics' December 2015 Solicitations

Brubaker & Phillips bring their mystery to a close, Ed Brisson & Adam Gorham launch "The Violent," plus new "Walking Dead," "No Mercy" and more.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Man this seems really early for the Fade Out to end...

Incredible Member

1. The Fade Out ending hits me where it hurts. I'm assuming the plan was always to go 12 issues with it though. I believe Fatale was meant to be 12 issues initially. Also, Brubaker and Phillips signed a 5 year agreement with Image. I don't think they intended all or even half of that time to be spent on just one book.

I believe when Brubaker signed the agreement, he talked about doing a sci-fi book. I imagine something Criminal related is also at play potentially. I'm personally hoping for something original and not Criminal related.

2. Also, I am getting really concerned about Five Ghosts now. It has been a long time since we've heard anything about it. What is Barbiere actually doing by the way? His Boom book (Broken World) was awful and is over. He could not have spent much time on that. He's got a new C-List Marvel book coming. Anything else? Is he only writing that 1 book now?

3. Where is book 2 of Casanova Acedia? Fraction said a couple of months ago that it was beginning in December. I'm not all that surprised though, he has a knack for being slow (Hawkeye, Sex Criminals, Casanova).

As for my list:

Black Magick
    Codename Baboushka (maybe)
    Descender
    East of West
    Fade Out
    Invincible
    Invisible Republic
    Monstress
    Paper Girls
    Pretty Deadly
    Saga
    Southern Bastards
    The Goddamned (maybe)
    Tokyo Ghosts
    Wicked and the Divine
    Last edited by wwise03; 09-15-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Was We Stand On Guard always a mini? I don't remember seeing that noted in past solicitations.

Pulling:

Deadly Class #17
    Southern Bastards #13 (LOVE that cover. Far cry from the usual red)
    Descender #8
    Tokyo Ghost #4

On break:

Lazarus
    LOW
    Drifter

-Outcast #14
    -Paper Girls #3:
    If I like the first issues.

Was Fade Out always supposed to be 12 issues? I don't remember them ever saying it was a mini. I find it slightly amusing that I dropped it because I felt it would be better in trades and the next month they say it's ending.

I don't remember We Stand on Guard being a mini either. Weird.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Seems like a decent month but only one new series looks interesting to me:

AUTUMNLANDS 8
    BIRTHRIGHT 12
    BLACK MAGICK 3
    BLACK SCIENCE 18
    CHEW 53
    DEADLY CLASS 17
    DESCENDER 8
    EAST OF WEST 24
    THE GODDAMNED 2
    I HATE FAIRYLAND 3
    INVISIBLE REPUBLIC 9
    ISLAND 5 (Wish they would announce a hardcover collection for the first issues)
    MATERIAL 7
    MYTHIC 7
    MONSTRESS 2
    ODY-C 10
    OUTCAST 14
    PRETTY DEADLY 7
    RUMBLE 10
    SAGA 32
    THEY'RE NOT LIKE US 11
    TOKYO GHOST 4
    THE VIOLENT 1 (I will give this a shot because of Brisson's work on Sheltered)
    WAYWARD 12
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Was We Stand On Guard always a mini? I don't remember seeing that noted in past solicitations.

Yes Vaughan was very upfront in interviews that it was a 6-issue series. He did mention they may come back to it in the future, but who knows.

No Lazarus, no Low, no Manifest Destiny. Saving money all over at Christmas time!
    That cover for Monstress is only increasing my hype though.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

Was Fade Out always supposed to be 12 issues? I don't remember them ever saying it was a mini. I find it slightly amusing that I dropped it because I felt it would be better in trades and the next month they say it's ending.

I don't remember We Stand on Guard being a mini either. Weird.
    We Stand on Guard was always meant to be a 6-issue mini. The Fade Out was not announced as a 12-issue series (I don't think 12 issues should be considered a mini), but I have no doubt it was always intended to be 12 issues. It is a finite story. Once the mystery is solved, there is no more story. Also, as I explained in more detail in my post above, Brubaker and Phillips have a 5-year deal with Image. The Fade Out will have taken up almost a year and a half of that deal. I doubt they signed that deal with the intention of writing only 1 or 2 books. They probably will produce 3 or so more books under the terms of that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Yes Vaughan was very upfront in interviews that it was a 6-issue series. He did mention they may come back to it in the future, but who knows.
    Ah ok.. thanks for the info!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Image Comics I'll definitely be buying:

Monstress #2
    Wayward #12
    Image Firsts: Birthright #1
    Image Firsts: Copperhead #1
    Image Firsts: The Humans #1
    Image Firsts: Sunstone #1
    Image Firsts: Wayward #1

Image Comics I might buy:

Autumnlands #8
    Outcast #14

Trade waiting:

The Humans
    Tokyo Ghost
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

I did the same thing, thought it would go much longer than 12 issues and decided it was much better to read in collected form. Sales were really strong so I have no doubt that it was originally intended for 12 issues for it to end so quickly. Some of my favorite series have been short lived (ie Sheltered, Starlight) that came to an end out of nowhere. Wish Image had more long running properties like Dark Horse to get behind (Usagi, Hellboy universe, Groo, Goon, etc).
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I did the same thing, thought it would go much longer than 12 issues and decided it was much better to read in collected form. Sales were really strong so I have no doubt that it was originally intended for 12 issues for it to end so quickly. Some of my favorite series have been short lived (ie Sheltered, Starlight) that came to an end out of nowhere. Wish Image had more long running properties like Dark Horse to get behind (Usagi, Hellboy universe, Groo, Goon, etc).
    I'm actually digging these shorter series now. Sheltered was awesome and only 15 issues. I already collect Hellboy, Invincible, TWD, and Usagi, so there are more than enough long series to keep me going. I appreciate the shorter ones because I can sit down with 2-3 trades and finish the whole series in an afternoon which is a beautiful thing when you have two young kiddos.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Image:
    - Pull: Autumnlands, Beauty, Black Magick, Black Science, Descender, East of West, Fade Out (ending), Goddamned, Huck, I Hate Fairyland, Invisible Republic, Monstress, Nailbiter, Ody-C, Outcast, Paper Girls, Pretty Deadly, Saga, They're Not Like Us (may drop), Tokyo Ghost, Walking Dead, We Stand on Guard (ending), Where Is Jake Ellis (finally the last issue)
    - Skip Month: Goners, Lazarus, Low, Sex Criminals, Shutter, Sons of the Devil, Thief of Thieves, Wytches
    - Skip Month & will Trade Wait (due to delays): Manhattan Projects, Manifest Destiny, Rat Queens, Velvet
    - Skip Month & will Drop (unless last issue of current arc blow me away): Drifter, Injection, Sex, Wolf
    - Trade Wait: Bitch Planet, Jupiter's Circle

Marvel:
    - Maybe: C-3PO
    - Pull: Chewbacca (ending), Star Wars (plus Annual), Darth Vader (plus Annual)

DC:
    - Pull: Batman Europa (double ship), Twilight Children
    - Mail Subscribe: Batman, Detective Comics, Justice League, Robin, Wonder Woman
    - Skip Month: American Vampire, Suiciders
    - Trade Wait: DK3, Superman American Alien

DH:
    - Pull: Fight Club, Harrow County, Rebels
    - Skip Month: Lady Killer

Others:
    - Maybe: Snow Blind
    - Pull: Spire, Strange Fruit, Life After, King (ending)
    - Skip Month: Bunker
    - Trade Wait: James Bond, Letter 44
    Last edited by comicfiend; 09-15-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Ugh. No Kaptara again!