Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I wanted to read Private Eye in print, but a $50 hardcover? Uhh, no.

Guess I will have to wait and see if it comes out in paperback. So far I have the first two PDF issues which I paid 1.98 for. It was cool, but I don't like reading PDFs and haven't even read issue 2.

I want it in print, not pdf, but not $50 HC. Oh, well, I can live without it. I want to give them my money, ya know, but they aren't making it easy for me.
    Last edited by BCya; 09-21-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I give you Twin Peaks...

You know, I really think that there is something to be said for not revisiting things. Not everything needs to be sequalized until people are tired of it. Let this act as it's own 12 chapter story and let Brubaker and Phillips go to the next thing.
    Totally agree. Not every book needs to be some epic ongoing just because sales are good. I feel like more books could stand to be limited.

Brubaker/Phillips never do ongoings. Even if something is long, or gets a second arc, it's always written with an end planned.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    2. Also, I am getting really concerned about Five Ghosts now. It has been a long time since we've heard anything about it. What is Barbiere actually doing by the way? His Boom book (Broken World) was awful and is over. He could not have spent much time on that. He's got a new C-List Marvel book coming. Anything else? Is he only writing that 1 book now?
    I thought I saw somewhere that Five Ghosts will return next year. Probably getting a few issues done to avoid more delays. Also, what's wrong with a c-list Marvel book? That looks like one of the most interesting titles starting in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by BCya View Post
    I wanted to read Private Eye in print, but a $50 hardcover? Uhh, now.

Guess I will have to wait and see if it comes out in paperback. So far I have the first two PDF issues which I paid 1.98 for. It was cool, but I don't like reading PDFs and haven't even read issue 2.

I want it in print, not pdf, but not $50 HC. Oh, well, I can live without it. I want to give them my money, ya know, but they aren't making it easy for me.
    Completely agree. I read the first 4ish issues, but much prefer print. At $50 thats $5/issue! Granted I'm sure there will be a slew of extras in there but it still doesn't correlate to $2.75-4/issue of like collections (Fatale, East of West, Saga, Black Science, etc). The $50 for 10 issues yields a pass for me.

The Claw of Justice!

Hooray! Where is Jake Ellis is back!

I'll get that and Rumble.

Fantastic Member

Gah! If I knew Fade Out was going to be a short one, I would've held out for a collected hardcover to go along with rest of the Brubaker/Phillips hardcover collections.

Private Eye is about 300 pages and the price may have something to do with the not-so-standard printing. But, it can be ordered substantially less than the suggested retail price.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Black magick #3
    citizen jack #2
    huck #2
    material #7
    paper girls #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tlano View Post
    Wasn't Earth War supposed to come out this month?
    The wait on this closing mini on one of the best books in recent memory has been a pain.

I completely lost interest. I liked the book initially, but at this point, I don't really care to read Earth War.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    The wait on this closing mini on one of the best books in recent memory has been a pain.
    Graham said on Twitter it's scheduled for January now, and it should be monthly from then on until the end.