Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

in a meta (yes, finally got to use the buzzword) way, the sw setting is the most honest depiction of the 616 continuity yet.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    in a meta (yes, finally got to use the buzzword) way, the sw setting is the most honest depiction of the 616 continuity yet.
    I was thinking about this myself, while walking past and looking at SW tie-in covers posted over my walls. That despite many of these stories being alternate reality MU's, the characters were branched off the 616, so they hold some history of the 616 aspect in their story also. So for the whole 5 months we've been reading SW tie-ins, these stories do remind me that I'm reading about the 616. On some level, (and as Marvel themselves remind us), some parts of these characters and settings are going to survive into NuMarvel, so we are reading about these as the 616. I just read the preview on Spider Gwen #1 to come out after SW, and she has the same support cast as before SW. That could point to either her whole world absorbed into the new, or, alternate realities are created into the new.