Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sucks to see Ivar ending. Was hoping it'd go til #25 at least. Ah well.

Ninjak sounds cool. Fingers crossed for third time lucky with Shadowman.

Yay more Doc Mirage!

Incredible Member

Based on a brief back and forth with Fred Van Lente on Twitter, it sounds like Timewalker was only planned to go for 12 issues, so hey... at least we got the whole story they intended to tell! Hopefully this means he jumps back over to Archer & Armstrong in the coming months!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Getting: IMPERIUM, NINJAK, ETERNAL WARRIOR,
    IVAR, TIMEWALKER(sad to see this book go, but I'm curious as to who would be the new Timewalker.)
    XO MANOWAR: COMMANDER TRILL(replacing Unity#25 with this book.)

Mighty Member

I'm pretty mixed on Eternal Warrior. Of the three brothers he has always been the least interesting to me, but I do suspect it will be quality.

I love the pulpy cover for Doctor Mirage.

Ninjak #10
    Unity #25 (Sad this is ending.)
    Ivar,Timewalker (Really sad to see this ending. Ivar is my second favorite valiant character. It'll be missed.)
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Bloodshot Reborn #9
    Rai #12

All floppies for me. Glad to see someone else on Imperium. Scott Eaton's art left much to be desired.

All floppies are a definite this month.

It's awesome to see more BRAITHWAITE and CAFU looks like a great fit for Imperium.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

As always everything not reprint for me. I wonder what we will see next, after the end of Unity and Timewalker.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm beyond ready for VEI to expand beyond 9 monthly titles.
    Their lack of books kept going past 25 issues is starting to annoy me. It's a very Marvel/DC thing and I've dropped plenty of their titles monthly now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All the monthlies.

Also sad to see Ivar go, but glad more FVL is to come.

I don't mind VEI not expanding past 9 books right now. Selfishly, of course, I'd read many more, but as long as what they produce continues to be high quality then I'll be happy.

I think I'll be getting everything this month, excluding Imperium, which I'm trade-waiting on.
    Dr. Mirage: Second Lives 1- I'll be checking this out because I get every VEI #1, but I'm not too into the whole magic/Deadside side of the Valiant U. It's well done and all, just not really my thing.
    Ninjak 10: Looks great. Contrary to my previous sentence, I really want to see Shadowman mingle with the rest of the universe. Also, f*** yea Doug Braithwaite.
    Unity 25: Although I'm sort of burned out on Unity, I'm excited for it's concluding issue. Valiant does great anniversary issues, and if any title deserves to end it's this one.
    Rai 10: I actually dropped Rai after the second arc, but issue 9 really got me back into it. I love that Rai is stuck on Earth right now.
    Ivar, Timewalker 12: So.. this really sucks but isn't all that unexpected. It had a nice run, and I've really enjoyed it so what more can I ask for? 12 issues is totally respectable.
    Imperium 11:Now let's just hop this doesn't end at #12.
    Divinity II: I thought Divinity II was starting in December? I'm cool with it being pushed to January, but I feel like they lied to me.

Also very excited for, but don't have anything interesting to say about: Eternal Warrior 2, Bloodshot 6, Commander Trill 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm beyond ready for VEI to expand beyond 9 monthly titles.
    Their lack of books kept going past 25 issues is starting to annoy me. It's a very Marvel/DC thing and I've dropped plenty of their titles monthly now.
    Does it really matter how big of a number is on the cover? I mean, yea, I would rather live in a world where people would stop asking for number ones all the time, and publishers would start having faith in their titles, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Valiant, being a tiny publisher, doesn't get to decide the rules and set the standards. Unfortunately, they're kind of beholden to the industry that they're a part of. The fact is.. #1's and shorter ongoings sell better.. I might not like it, and you clearly don't like it, but it's just the way it is. The onus is on Marvel. DC, I think, is doing a pretty good job at keeping their important titles going, without renumbering, but Marvel is f**king addicted to restarting their entire line once a year. Again, I don't like it, and I hate that Marvel has forced the industry into such a predicament, but Valiant is just responding to the state of affairs, and even with that being said, I think they're doing it in ways that are understandable and responsible.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

IMPERIUM #11 - If It Ends Hopefully it goes back to Harbinger
    BLOODSHOT REBORN #9
    X-O MANOWAR: COMMANDER TRILL #0
    UNITY #25 - Didn't want this to end , considering Issue 19 was my First
    WRATH OF THE ETERNAL WARRIOR #2
    NINJAK #10
    X-O MANOWAR: COMMANDER TRILL #0 - Is this a one shot, then Jan it goes back to regular numbering ?

Incredible Member

Everything.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?