Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Does it really matter how big of a number is on the cover? I mean, yea, I would rather live in a world where people would stop asking for number ones all the time, and publishers would start having faith in their titles, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Valiant, being a tiny publisher, doesn't get to decide the rules and set the standards. Unfortunately, they're kind of beholden to the industry that they're a part of. The fact is.. #1's and shorter ongoings sell better.. I might not like it, and you clearly don't like it, but it's just the way it is. The onus is on Marvel. DC, I think, is doing a pretty good job at keeping their important titles going, without renumbering, but Marvel is f**king addicted to restarting their entire line once a year. Again, I don't like it, and I hate that Marvel has forced the industry into such a predicament, but Valiant is just responding to the state of affairs, and even with that being said, I think they're doing it in ways that are understandable and responsible.
    It matters in regard to me being a regular, monthly reader, yes.
    I'm almost all but out of buying Marvel & DC books monthly. Between the two companies I get about as many combined as I do the whole VALIANT line.I've moved to trades cause the industry doesn't seem to want to care too much about what happened 2yrs ago anymore, let alone 10yrs(unless it suits a marketing push across multiple platforms[ie movies]).
    I'm all for Great Stories that stand alone. I don't buy the arguments I see of "Who cares as long as it's good, so what if it contradicts 'x'" --- I care. I'm a dying breed of a reader at almost 40, I get that.

stay off my lawn
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It matters in regard to me being a regular, monthly reader, yes.
    I'm almost all but out of buying Marvel & DC books monthly. Between the two companies I get about as many combined as I do the whole VALIANT line.I've moved to trades cause the industry doesn't seem to want to care too much about what happened 2yrs ago anymore, let alone 10yrs(unless it suits a marketing push across multiple platforms[ie movies]).
    I'm all for Great Stories that stand alone. I don't buy the arguments I see of "Who cares as long as it's good, so what if it contradicts 'x'" --- I care. I'm a dying breed of a reader at almost 40, I get that.

stay off my lawn
    You're not alone... 43 over here.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Everything except Unity for me.