Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I don't see leaving, to save your lives, as a defeat. Besides, how long have the X-Men been fighting to save a world that "hates and fears them"? They aren't any farther along than they were decades ago. When is enough enough?
    Its been 13 years in Marvel time and about 10 for the second gen members. A decent amount of time but not really enough to give up given how often they've been sidetracked for periods. When compressed it would seem like they spend the majority of their time just fighting for survival. Its not a good idea and they wont do it, but If they did and tried to be consistent with logical characterization some of them would view it as running. The only character that's really recently had mission fugue is surprisingly Storm.
    Last edited by Rotm; 09-24-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Extraordinary X-men topping the advance reorder charts: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/...ance-reorders/

Nice. This bodes well at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I don't see leaving, to save your lives, as a defeat. Besides, how long have the X-Men been fighting to save a world that "hates and fears them"? They aren't any farther along than they were decades ago. When is enough enough?
    Meh.
    They sequester themselves to their mansion.
    They sequester themselves to their own country.
    They sequester themselves to their institute.
    They sequester themselves to a refurbished meteor-turned-island.
    They sequester themselves back to their mansion/institute.
    They sequester themselves to a refurbished killer-creating-compound-turned-school/bunker.
    Its kind of their thing.

I mean, Fraction's/Gillen's run is really the only time they've been exceptionally "involved" with community activity, right?
    Like, actually going into town and be acknowledged AS mutants and not being attacked or kicked out of bars or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Extraordinary X-men topping the advance reorder charts: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/...ance-reorders/

Well, i may not be fan of this new direction, but how long it sells...........................................

Good news . I am hoping all of the X-titles dominate the sales above all (Inhumans, Uncanny Avengers, Ultimates, etc).
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Meh.
    They sequester themselves to their mansion.
    They sequester themselves to their own country.
    They sequester themselves to their institute.
    They sequester themselves to a refurbished meteor-turned-island.
    They sequester themselves back to their mansion/institute.
    They sequester themselves to a refurbished killer-creating-compound-turned-school/bunker.
    Its kind of their thing.

I mean, Fraction's/Gillen's run is really the only time they've been exceptionally "involved" with community activity, right?
    Like, actually going into town and be acknowledged AS mutants and not being attacked or kicked out of bars or whatever?
    wolverine had his students try and help Wakanda and helped during an alien invasion. there are other examples.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Well I am by no means an X-Men expert, but just because no new mutants are manifesting now doesn't mean they won't be able to manifest in the future. Also, Storm could be wrong.
    Nope sorry, it is confirmed something is killing mutants, i think someone said the Terrigen mists are involved making mutants sterile and no new birth from normal humans. Basically to me this is M-Day + Legacy Virus = nothing new to contribute at all to the series except its the Inhumans and for some reason elder Cyclops (that's what i heard at least) who are the cause of this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i may not be fan of this new direction, but how long it sells...........................................
    I hope for a long time, and very well. Otherwise I think the X-books will just dwindle down to nothing.

I hope for a long time, and very well. Otherwise I think the X-books will just dwindle down to nothing.
    I'd be fine with the X-titles getting cancelled until Marvel get the rights back from Fox and are willing to make an effort with the titles.

I gather that Lemire's a good writer (I'm not so familiar with him) but they're going to end up with the same problem as Bendis - if he's writing a whole bunch of titles per month, he's surely going to end up rushing out half-hearted stuff just to meet deadlines.

Plus, Ramos is completely awful. He needs to be drawing stories about Japanese high school girls with super-robot-transformation powers. That kind of art doesn't work with a traditional superhero book like X-Men.

How long are you willing to wait for that to happen? Don't see those rights going back to Marvel until we're all about Old Man Logan's age. I just don't really feel like waiting decades for that to happen, so gonna support the heck out of the X-books and buy nothing else from Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    wolverine had his students try and help Wakanda and helped during an alien invasion. there are other examples.
    Which issues were these? I thought the Utopia X-Men went over to rebuild Wakanda with Frost and Cyclops at the end of Doomwar. And all mutants were band from Wakanda post-AvX.

Additionally, during the Infinity Invasion Thanos came to the X-Mens school but the X-Men weren't involved in retaliating. Well, apart from Beast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Which issues were these? I thought the Utopia X-Men went over to rebuild Wakanda with Frost and Cyclops at the end of Doomwar. And all mutants were band from Wakanda post-AvX.

Additionally, during the Infinity Invasion Thanos came to the X-Mens school but the X-Men weren't involved in retaliating. Well, apart from Beast.
    During AvX Consequences Logan and Storm took the kids to Wakanda to help rebuild, but Black Panther launched rockets at them.

That's great news. I know for me personally this will be the first time I am having a pull list and pre ordering comics (I used to do digital only). But I wanted to support print sales.

How long are you willing to wait for that to happen? Don't see those rights going back to Marvel until we're all about Old Man Logan's age. I just don't really feel like waiting decades for that to happen, so gonna support the heck out of the X-books and buy nothing else from Marvel.
    I think you and I are kindred spirits.

So essentially.....M-Day V2?

Also, I hope that we're gonna have an explanation for Colossus not immidiately tearing Magik's head off.