Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Great cover art. Nice interior art. It should be interesting... despite being an obvious attempt to yet again use the X-Men to give more of a push to other characters [Nova and Iron Man, in this case].
    I wish all the students would wear the X-jacket and black pants like they do on the other cover... especially Tempus with her little tutu.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

definitely a pass for this issue, I'm more interested what was going to happen next after previous issues.

Probably gonna pass unless I hear good things. Its really hard to care with the cliffhanger were currently sitting on in the main series.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    Probably gonna pass unless I hear good things. Its really hard to care with the cliffhanger were currently sitting on in the main series.
    Yeah, it's a long wait. But I quite like the Uncanny students so far, they don't feel like weird filler as opposed to the JGS students.

Cyclops sure does love to crash planes.
    I think he might go out in aeroplanes looking for trouble just so he can get the buzz of a crash landing.
    Him doing it on purpose would certainly explain why a stealth jet like the Blackbird gets shot out of the sky so often.

Also, really like that art.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Can we lose the Bendis related kids already???? Please.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    You forgot to post the page with the best character on it!

Lazy art. So tired of this Halo armor ripoff costuming. Especially since GOTG has co-opted it for easy translation to lazy movie costuming.

NEED MORE INNOVATION, NEED MORE FASHIONING. STOP BEING BORING, MARVEL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    These fuckers are really hung up on cranking up the old Blackbirds.

Even with copious amounts of teleporters on staff.

**** NO to fossil fuel consumption.
    Stop being such a hippie. I will agree that is the most hideous, low tech Blackbird I have seen in quite some time. Phil Jimenez, Simone Bianchi, Kaare Andrews, and Frank Quitely all churned out bleeding edge X-Plane designs, most of which didn't look like they ran on fossil fuel. Those X-Planes were also a lot more durable than this oversized aluminum Ostrich.

BANNED

Is this for real?

BANNED

Lazy art. So tired of this Halo armor ripoff costuming. Especially since GOTG has co-opted it for easy translation to lazy movie costuming.

It's Death's Head. NoNONONONONO! After Kieron Gillen and Steve Sanders made him a likeable mercenary monstrosity who likes to haggle, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Stop being such a hippie. I will agree that is the most hideous, low tech Blackbird I have seen in quite some time. Phil Jimenez, Simone Bianchi, Kaare Andrews, and Frank Quitely all churned out bleeding edge X-Plane designs, most of which didn't look like they ran on fossil fuel. Those X-Planes were also a lot more durable than this oversized aluminum Ostrich.
    I don't think they'd let any of the Xavier Schools X-Brat's near an up to date Blackbird.
    Let them crash the Ostrich first. That's a vital part of their X-Training.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    I don't think they'd let any of the Xavier Schools X-Brat's near an up to date Blackbird.
    Let them crash the Ostrich first. That's a vital part of their X-Training.
    Well, Scott holds the record for surviving most plane crashes. During Morrison's New X-Men run Scott made a joke that surviving plane crashes might be his secondary mutation...and he never worries about the planes because insurance deals with the rest.

BANNED

The sad thing is that even in the movie they don't wear the military sci-fi wear.

That cover looks straight out of a sci-fi romance paperback. I used to like Brooks' art, but the dream-like, high-contrast coloring doesn't compliment his anime-inspired style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    Not sure the white people from space cover was a good choice
    I noticed that when you pointed it out. Considering there are ethnic characters on Scott's Rebel Yell, you'd think they'd get put up there. Instead it's Scott, front and center, surrounded by a harem of white women with one dopy kid in the background. The subtext here is like a nipple tassel on a 300 pound woman's tit.