Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I hope I didn't offend you. I love the book is the only reason I ask.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I hope I didn't offend you. I love the book is the only reason I ask.
    Nah, no worries - I hope I wasn't too snarky.

It's just that making non big two comic is complicated. Well, Big Two is complicated too, but that's mostly editorial's problem. On my Image books, I AM editorial.

For instance, the reason that Spread's solicit schedule is jacked up is that we have to submit the solicts four months in advance - I did the solicits for August back at the beginning of this month. So unless you are four issues ahead, anything that messes up the schedule is going to throw things off in a way you can't readily fix. It's frustrating for us as a creators to.

It was kinda snarky but I also get that I was coming off like an intitled *******. I have no knowledge really of how the industry works. Novelists get advances and then percentage of the sales.

Amazing new issue. I loved the feeling when I suddenly realized what was going on and who this seemingly new character was. It made me appreciate the first arc all the more. Bravo.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Amazing new issue. I loved the feeling when I suddenly realized what was going on and who this seemingly new character was. It made me appreciate the first arc all the more. Bravo.
    Thanks! I really liked how the issue turned out. The next one of these, issue 12, is about Molly. It's, uh.....dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Agreed. I didn't realize who it was until I saw him grin when he saw what happened to the kid, then I was like "oh, makes total sense". Really well done one-shot. These type of issues can easily be filler, but this was instead an interesting read with character building backstory and some world building.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Loved this stand alone issue, thought it was terrific.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Agreed. I didn't realize who it was until I saw him grin when he saw what happened to the kid, then I was like "oh, makes total sense". Really well done one-shot. These type of issues can easily be filler, but this was instead an interesting read with character building backstory and some world building.
    Yeah, the intent with these is that they're not filler. You don't, I think, need to know the Preacher's story to understand the first arc, but I think the first arc is stronger knowing what made him the man he is. There's actually more to his backstory that's mostly just hinted at here: basically, he was raised in a super religious fundamentalist family, but broke away from them in college. So when the stuff with the kid breaks his mind, he sort of reverts back to that. Basically synthesizing fundamentalist beliefs with the presence of the Spread. We will see more of The Church of the Risen God in the future, though, so that particular belief structure is going to be explored in more depth later.

Likewise, with Molly's story (already written) you don't need to know it to understand Molly now, but hopefully it will add some depth to her and give you a new perspective on some of the stuff you've already seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    Yeah, the intent with these is that they're not filler. You don't, I think, need to know the Preacher's story to understand the first arc, but I think the first arc is stronger knowing what made him the man he is. There's actually more to his backstory that's mostly just hinted at here: basically, he was raised in a super religious fundamentalist family, but broke away from them in college. So when the stuff with the kid breaks his mind, he sort of reverts back to that. Basically synthesizing fundamentalist beliefs with the presence of the Spread. We will see more of The Church of the Risen God in the future, though, so that particular belief structure is going to be explored in more depth later.

Likewise, with Molly's story (already written) you don't need to know it to understand Molly now, but hopefully it will add some depth to her and give you a new perspective on some of the stuff you've already seen.
    I already said I was in for the entire run, keep up the great work Justin and Kyle. Spread is easily one of my favorite series ATM, been loving every issue. Thanks for putting out such a great comic.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Loved the art on this issue. And since the art is one of my favorite things about the series (not that I don't love the story but damn what amazing art. It is beautifully grotesque) I was worried the art would be disappointing. I am not familiar with mr cobb that I am aware of (his art reminded me of Karre Andrews)

While I am anxious to get back to the ongoing story I did enjoy the one shot.

New issue this coming wednesday?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    New issue this coming wednesday?
    Should be. I've had the the comps for a week or two.

Yay.............

Should be a Justin Jordan double dose this week with Luther Strode and Spread.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Should be a Justin Jordan double dose this week with Luther Strode and Spread.
    I was just thinking of that. Both Luther Strode and Spread. This is going to be insane. So excited about the Spread reveals Justin mentioned on Twitter.