Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Huck #1

In a quiet seaside town, Huck uses his special gifts to do a good deed each day. His neighbors return the favors by keeping his abilities a secret. But when a newcomer alerts the media, a firestorm erupts, sending Huck on an adventure that will change everything. This brand-new series from writer MARK MILLAR and artist RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE presents a comicbook unlike anything you've read before. Featuring a Feel-Good Movie variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE.

Full preview here.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    In a quiet seaside town, Huck uses his special gifts to do a good deed each day. His neighbors return the favors by keeping his abilities a secret. But when a newcomer alerts the media, a firestorm erupts, sending Huck on an adventure that will change everything. This brand-new series from writer MARK MILLAR and artist RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE presents a comicbook unlike anything you've read before. Featuring a Feel-Good Movie variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE.

Full preview here.
    It actually reminds me of a pre-DC52 Clark Kent when still living on the farm...before he went to Metropolis.

However, that's a compliment.

Unless living things suddenly start exploding or getting dissected---yeah, looks good so far.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

This was an alright first issue.
    spoilers:
    I can't believe that new family would sell out Huck like that. What scum.
    end of spoilers

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I will not ever ever read it.

Please friends...someone PM me when the "Real" Hulk returns

BANNED

I don't know whetever to consider Huck saving the missing school girls done in bad taste (they're still missing in real world), or should it be complimented as i'm sure some Military group could truly use their best capabilities to bring back those girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    This was an alright first issue.
    spoilers:
    I can't believe that new family would sell out Huck like that. What scum.
    end of spoilers
    Yea, I saw that whole relationship going in a totally different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I don't know whetever to consider Huck saving the missing school girls done in bad taste (they're still missing in real world), or should it be complimented as i'm sure some Military group could truly use their best capabilities to bring back those girls.
    That scene did feel a little weird to me, too. Millar should have made it something similar to it, but not the exact same story. Metaphor it down a little. I agree it was poor taste, but not enough to piss me off or make me drop it. Just next time, maybe think twice about exploiting real world tragedy and handle it more delicately.

BANNED

$3.50 for a three minute read?
    Not worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I will not ever ever read it.

Please friends...someone PM me when the "Real" Hulk returns

Either this is a joke (based on the new Hulk at Marvel), in which case, pretty funny. Or you are mistaking HUCK for HULK.

I thought it was sweet and really enjoyed the art. It reminded me of Bill Plympton animation.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-22-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Finally got around to reading the first issue, found it to be enjoyable overall. And I agree the new neighbors are total jerks to out Huck like that.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Amazing Member

Millar is questionable to be. As is albuquerque. Put this off for a week then bought it cause was just kinda in the mood for a feel good and it really it the spot. Art was great as well. I do like the American vampire series. Only Millar story ive read is chrononauts. The rest of his work im doesnt interest me much. But Huck was a very nice read.

Loved this, but it sure was brief.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full preview here.
    When I was a few pages in I initially thought it was going to be a riff on the cancelled TV show Finder, which I really enjoyed. Felt really sorry for Huck in the last shot of the comic but looking to see where it goes.

I really enjoyed issue 1. It was nice to read a feel good adventure story. Issues 2 and 3 were also really good. Plenty of moments to feel for Huck plus some interesting twists. So far, I'm really enjoying this series. It's nice to read about a hero who is pure and noble. Millar said in an interview that Huck is based off a man he met who said that he tries to do one good deed a day, every day. So I find it really nice that Huck takes inspiration from something like that.

BANNED

I like it.. Now bought up to #3 and enjoying so far.