Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I liked it even though it wasnt as good a 1st issue as the likes of Southern Bastard and nail-biter but i will stick with it, the art work is incredible and it looks like it may be a grower.

I picked it up and it just didn't grab me. Art was awesome but story wise.... Regardless I will follow it out and see if it gets better.

My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I'm in for the full 60 issue run. Keep pumping that book Capuga.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Another excellent issue.

It's amazing how well adjusted the grown up Hope narrator sounds considering she was raised in the Spread zone with a crazy "mom" and quiet, violent "dad".

Liked the introduction to the new pretty boy villain. Looks like he is a badass, looking forward to seeing what happens in a fight between him and No (I assume it will happen at some point).

I didn't grab the first issue as soon as it came out, and they were all gone by the time I got to my shop. I finally went in when the second print came in and grabbed the second issue to go with it. I'm really glad I did, because I don't think I'd have been as excited for it without the second issue. I'm thrilled with how the second turned out and am now anxiously awaiting the rest.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

I think I will be picking this book up on Wednesday. Looks pretty compelling and the reviews are good. Love The Thing, and I guess this has a feel similar to that. The art looks insane.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddle Factory View Post
    I liked it even though it wasnt as good a 1st issue as the likes of Southern Bastard and nail-biter but i will stick with it, the art work is incredible and it looks like it may be a grower.
    I actually liked it more than the first issue. It felt a little less derivative now that we've got a couple of supporting characters introduced.

I look forward to Jordan expanding his world and beefing up the supporting cast further so that I can stop thinking of Sweet Tooth and the Last of Us when reading the book.

Seriously though, Kyle Strahm is a ridiculously good artist. I can see him getting pretty big. Where does Jordan find these guys? First Tradd Moore, now Kyle Strahm. And they're not just awesome artists, they're extremely unique artists that look like no one else out there right now.

And for his upcoming creator-owned book at Boom!, Deep State, he's unearthed another unknown artist in Ariela Kristantina and, again, same thing: totally awesome new artist with a unique style (if I had to pinpoint it....a combination of Rafael Albuquerque and Mateo Scalera).

Felipe Sobreiro is a freaking awesome colorist too. He was great on Luther Strode and he's even better here.
    Last edited by King's_Gambit; 08-18-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Just picked up 1 and 2. This book is everything I love rolled up into a gross horrible package. This is a must read for me now.

The art on this is amazing. The story is like y the last man meets i dunno buffy maybe. I can't wait to read issue 3.

Quote Originally Posted by devinofthedead View Post
    Just picked up 1 and 2. This book is everything I love rolled up into a gross horrible package. This is a must read for me now.
    Gets more gross in issue 3 LOL.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Finally read #1 and 2 and like it a lot, esp the art. Only (very) minor gripe: No looks a bit too Wolverine-esque...

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I bought #1 today on the recommendation of a friend. Immediately after finishing it I purchased #2. Immediately after that I got #3. Man, it really pulled me in. In went from only checking it out because a friend said I should, with no real expectations, to being utterly hooked. Can't wait for issue 4.

All-New Member

Absolutely loving this title.

Issue 3 took stuff to a new level!

Great pacing and funny writing.

Highly recommened