Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    and with good reason. just because you complain loud does not mean you are right.
    Except when the context, evidence and so on all point towards the loud fan being right. That's why I always trust Bleedingcoolnews as my #1 credibility source for comix. Nowaday creators are about as genuine as burger flippers in a fast food joint.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Except when the context, evidence and so on all point towards the loud fan being right. That's why I always trust Bleedingcoolnews as my #1 credibility source for comix. Nowaday creators are about as genuine as burger flippers in a fast food joint.
    Also, what he doesn't mention is that just because you complain loud, it doesn't mean you're wrong- indeed, I posted some examples.

But then again this kind of ad hominem attack is a common for Marvel and it's defenders every since Bill Jemas was in charge.

BANNED

Bill Jemas is gone (and he actually had some good ideas like Marvel Max) but Joe Quesada still remains (and he had the godawful idea of One More Day) oh, well.

I can't believe all the hyperventilating and conspiracy theories that are tossed around in here. Hold on let me feel like i'm part of the group and get my tin foil hat.

the x-men franchise is going no where. It's not being purposely relegated to the back of the bus nor is it as popular as it once was. Marvel is diversifying its IP portfolio to include or attempt to include other books to make up for the lack of books being purchased overall. Even if the vocal minority that is having a conniption fit, claiming the sky is falling and just acting like it's judgement day actually do succeed in a boycott are you prepared to have ZERO x-men books? because the x-men book is getting dangerously close to the dreaded 20K mark. Is this the first time the stories have been bad assuming it the books will just be horrible, assuming being the key word here, since they havent even hit the racks yet.

the last two years imo have been so bland and boring id take Austen's run over both books at this point. So guys and gals step away from the ledge. wait until the books arrive and read before such nonsense like boycotts are even discussed. talk about getting the cart before the horse.

BANNED

Ofcourse it is being downgraded. Marvel wants to focus on something else. Please just pay attention. The problem is it's over petty bullshit.

Disney is looking for any excuse to get rid of them altogether.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    I can't believe all the hyperventilating and conspiracy theories that are tossed around in here. Hold on let me feel like i'm part of the group and get my tin foil hat.

the x-men franchise is going no where. It's not being purposely relegated to the back of the bus nor is it as popular as it once was. Marvel is diversifying its IP portfolio to include or attempt to include other books to make up for the lack of books being purchased overall. Even if the vocal minority that is having a conniption fit, claiming the sky is falling and just acting like it's judgement day actually do succeed in a boycott are you prepared to have ZERO x-men books? because the x-men book is getting dangerously close to the dreaded 20K mark. Is this the first time the stories have been bad assuming it the books will just be horrible, assuming being the key word here, since they havent even hit the racks yet.

the last two years imo have been so bland and boring id take Austen's run over both books at this point. So guys and gals step away from the ledge. wait until the books arrive and read before such nonsense like boycotts are even discussed. talk about getting the cart before the horse.
    So we're just going to ignore the fact that they've removed X-Men and Fantastic Four based characters from most of their advertising, licensing and main storylines? That's not the product of conspiracy theory, but a reality.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    So we're just going to ignore the fact that they've removed X-Men and Fantastic Four based characters from most of their advertising, licensing and main storylines? That's not the product of conspiracy theory, but a reality.
    Who would want to be associated with the fantastic four? If I was marvel I'll quarantine my brand from the disease especially if I have no control over it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Disney is looking for any excuse to get rid of them altogether.
    Disney has nothing to do with this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Disney has nothing to do with this.
    Yep its all on Fox. Give Marvel a reason to keep writing stories and characters for Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    because other characters have become more popular? the ff and specifically the x-men's days as a marketing power house are OVAH! time to move on, this isnt your childhood any longer.

besides
    all new wolvie
    all new x-men
    deadpool
    ex x-men
    old man logan
    uncanny x-men

uncanny inhumans
    inhumans
    karnak

yea they certainly are killing off the x-franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fabulousmax View Post
    Yep its all on Fox. Give Marvel a reason to keep writing stories and characters for Fox.
    Wrong again it's not fox either.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    because other characters have become more popular? the ff and specifically the x-men's days as a marketing power house are OVAH! time to move on, this isnt your childhood any longer.
    This is entirely BS. The X-men books sell MORE than Guardians and the Avengers, even with less promotion. Days of Future Past made MORE money outside the United States than GotG (and only 26 million less overall), and that even though it was a very dark film in which nearly everyone died at some point.

As for F4, when it was canceled, it was selling again, MORE than Daredevil, Hulk and the Inhumans.

One thing virtually all anti-Complexers seem to have in common is just a complete ignorance of facts and hard data. They just accept Disney/Marvel propaganda as fact and don't look at the numbers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This is entirely BS. The X-men books sell MORE than Guardians and the Avengers, even with less promotion. Days of Future Past made MORE money outside the United States than GotG (and only 26 million less overall), and that even though it was a very dark film in which nearly everyone died at some point.
    Nice nitpicking. Making more money outside the US isn't worth as much as domestic because the studio gets a smaller cut of the revenue. Transformers also made alot internationally so the international market doesn't really care about quality. Domestically, Dofp made less than gotg, winter soldier, maleficent and transformers. Really, don't brag about box office numbers and compare it to the MCU especially after F4.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    As for F4, when it was canceled, it was selling again, MORE than Daredevil, Hulk and the Inhumans.

One thing virtually all anti-Complexers seem to have in common is just a complete ignorance of facts and hard data. They just accept Disney/Marvel propaganda as fact and don't look at the numbers.
    Again why would marvel damage its brand by associating itself with the F4 after what fox did. Especially now with DC getting it act together, marvel has competition and will have to be very careful.

Also, the comic market doesn't mean crap, there's hardly any profit there to be made. If you can't make a film out of the property scrap it and invest in something worthwhile.
    Last edited by fabulousmax; 09-17-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fabulousmax View Post
    Nice nitpicking. Making more money outside the US isn't worth as much as domestic because the studio gets a smaller cut of the revenue. Transformers also made alot internationally so the international market doesn't really care about quality. Domestically, Dofp made less than gotg, winter soldier, maleficent and transformers. Really, don't brag about box office numbers and compare it to the MCU especially after . . .
    he was talking about comic books, not movies. and he is entirely correct.