View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • '68 Last Rites #2 (of 4)

0 0%
  • The Beauty #2

2 4.26%
  • Death Vigil #8 (of 8)

3 6.38%
  • The Fade Out #9

9 19.15%
  • Invincible #123

4 8.51%
  • Island #3

2 4.26%
  • Manifest Destiny #17

4 8.51%
  • ODY-C #7

1 2.13%
  • Rat Queens #12

2 4.26%
  • Secret Identities #7

3 6.38%
  • Sex Criminals #12

4 8.51%
  • Shutter #15

1 2.13%
  • Southern Cross #5

1 2.13%
  • Tokyo Ghost #1

11 23.40%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 38 - Tokyo Ghost arrives!

Welcome everyone, vote for your favourite Image comic of this week, and let's chat!

Last week almost every comic got at least a single vote, but it was Deadly Class #16 which ran away with the most of them! For those keeping track, Deadly Class has won our lil' poll five times this year already - more than any other series so far.

Moving on to this week, Invincible ends its current arc and starts setting up for the much-publicised "REBOOT?!" story, we get the ending of Death Vigil's first volume, The Fade Out begins its third act as it dashes towards a conclusion, Secret Identities wraps up prematurely (despite good reviews), and Island Magazine adds work by Matt Sheean & Malachi Ward to its impressive lineup.

Lastly, we see the debut of a highly anticipated sci-fi series: Tokyo Ghost! Presenting a world where people are hooked on digital entertainment, this Remender/Murphy/Hollingsworth series already caught many eyes back when it was announced at Image Expo.

So, whacha reading? Sound off below!

1406143745000-tokyo-ghost-01-cvr-col-1-.jpg

Pretty damn good week, if I say so myself. I'm looking forward to hearing people's thoughts on the books from this week. I'm also really surprised Deadly Class has won our weekly poll the most this year! My vote will probably go to Island but I haven't read it yet.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Incredible Member

This may be the toughest vote I have all year. I will be getting The Fade Out, Invincible, Sex Criminals, Southern Cross, and Tokyo Ghosts. My vote will likely come down to The Fade Out and Invincible, but I hope Tokyo Ghosts is worthy of my vote.

Invincible week is an automatic vote like always.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Nothing for me this week. I'll be trade waiting Tokyo Ghost. I think Remender's sci-fi stuff reads better than way.

Rat Queens and Manifest Destiny this week. Rat Queens takes it for me. Worried for Hannah and pretty much convinced that Betty was straight-up, bold-face lying to Vi. Fallout from both of these storylines is gonna suuuuuck.

Picked up Fade Out, Rat Queens and Tokyo Ghost this week. Should be fun.

Amazing Member

A light week for my taste, for sure going to get Manifest Destiny and going to try Tokyo Ghost which looks great. Will probably grab Beauty 2, but I am on the fence for this series.

The main contenders this week for me are Tokyo Ghost, Invincible's reboot, and Rat Queens. Maybe Manifest Destiny if the others disappoint me.

I am actually far more excited for books from other indie publishers. The Fiction, Death Head, and D4VE2 are the books from today I am most excited to crack open. And then the more mainstream Secret Six. Secret Six may be a DC book, but the heroes are all killers and pedophiles, and the book is full of kinky sex and drugs. Gail Simone is one dirty old lady. She needs to do a good R rated book for Image.

Amazing Member

I voted for The Beauty #2. It is the only one I'm picking up this week.

Just picked up my pile, and while I haven't even gotten started on any of them, I'd like to award ODY-C the "most strategic logo placement"-prize...

227957_s0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Just picked up my pile, and while I haven't even gotten started on any of them, I'd like to award ODY-C the "most strategic logo placement"-prize...

227957_s0.jpg
    I remember seeing the solicit for this and cracking up.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Just Tokyo Ghost from Image this week. I was considering getting this series in single issues, but the raise of cover price from 3.50 to 3.99 immediately means waiting for the trades now.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Decent start to Tokyo Ghost, I think I'll end up picking it up in trade though. Rat Queens was really good, Tess is growing on me. My vote goes to Fade Out this week though, another great issue, I can't wait to see how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Just Tokyo Ghost from Image this week. I was considering getting this series in single issues, but the raise of cover price from 3.50 to 3.99 immediately means waiting for the trades now.
    The 3.99 price might just be for the first issue. I think Remender did the same with Low and then it dropped down to 3.50 for the following issues.