Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cover Contest September 16-22: SWIPE

Thanks all for the votes which gave me my first cover contest win! Much appreciated and, regardless of the results, it's always fun to participate.
    I liked last week's theme and wanted to carry the theme of perspective further with heroes looking down at spectators but that looks too difficult. I looked at past contests and dragons, mohawks, action animals, rainbows, whips and said hey, what about dragons with mohawks or action animals with whips or crying dads eating ice cream and .... well you get the picture. But that's when I landed on this week's theme:

SWIPES and HOMAGE Covers

Post pictures of covers that are either swipes of previous covers or an homage to a classic cover.
    Here is my entry:

THE RULES:
    • Post one (and only one) cover that fits the theme of this week's contest.
    • Cover must be from a published comic book or collected volume.
    • Covers must be posted before voting begins.
    • Voting begins 12 AM Tuesday and runs until 12 AM Wednesday PST.
    • Vote by posting the name in bold of the poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most.
    • The winner of the contest is the entrant with the most votes after the voting period.
    • It's okay to discuss the covers but if you think someone's entry doesn't fit the theme or violates the rules, you don't need to argue it in the thread, simply don't vote for it.
    Last edited by JLS Comics; 09-16-2015 at 07:30 AM.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

If paying homage to a film poster counts.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

My favorite of the Gen 13 #1 variants (even in the heyday of variants, it was a ridiculous amount):

gen 13.jpg

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

It was 20 years today, Sgt Pepper taught the band to play...

Promethia 10.jpg