View Poll Results: Do you like how Black Cat is being written as a villain?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 6.06%
  • No

27 81.82%
  • Don't care/indifferent

4 12.12%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What's up with the heel fetish? Felicia's heels are not her most prominent feature, to me.
    "Heel turn" is a wrestling reference. It's when a "good" character becomes a bad guy ("the heel"), typically in order to set up a big confrontation with another character.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I definitely don't agree with that last part; I love Silk and hope she remains in the Spider-family for years.
    Marvel should add Julia Carpenter, Jessica Drew, and The Black Widow to The Spider-Family.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    "Heel turn" is a wrestling reference. It's when a "good" character becomes a bad guy ("the heel"), typically in order to set up a big confrontation with another character.
    What would be cool to see is Black Cat vs Jessica Drew, as well as Black Cat vs Tigra(Spider-Man's forgotten partner).

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Tigra doesn't really have anything to do with Spider-Man. She's more...involved...with the original Ant-Man, a different bug hero.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Tigra doesn't really have anything to do with Spider-Man. She's more...involved...with the original Ant-Man, a different bug hero.
    Agreed and as for Jessica Drew....
    Black Cats fine on Spiderman

Totally agree that White Rabbit should've gotten the big push as Spidey's top female heel. Even without her, there are a ton of existing female villains languishing in limbo/developmental who could be called up. I was looking at Fearless Defenders the other day and there was this all-female evil faction, most of whom I had never heard of. Give one of them a push.

There has to be something interesting to be done with Felicia that doesn't involve turning her into a complete psycho.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    Totally agree that White Rabbit should've gotten the big push as Spidey's top female heel. Even without her, there are a ton of existing female villains languishing in limbo/developmental who could be called up. I was looking at Fearless Defenders the other day and there was this all-female evil faction, most of whom I had never heard of. Give one of them a push.

There has to be something interesting to be done with Felicia that doesn't involve turning her into a complete psycho.
    There's loads. Leaving aside that with MJ now moving to a Iron Man and Gwen dead, she is the main love interest of Spidey still around.

Also She's a fun Anti-hero too and on the female side Marvel have been lacking a bit there ( though they have on the male side with Deadpool). Particularly as DC have really been pushing with Harley Quinn etc . Felicia would be the perfect character to use for fun light hearted attempt on that. She's a fun character and there's lots of things that can be explored all it needs is a half decent writer who likes the character and does not just see her as a Catwoman rip-off like the current crop seem to do.

Spectacular Member

I like that you mentioned Harley Mauled because I think she is the best example of how a "sidekickey" character can be elevated with a talented creative team and decent marketing. Harley's book is one of the most fun reads currently in print and I also agree that Black Cat would make a great lead in a book of a similar tone. However, I seriously doubt Marvel would ever put the kind of investment required behind Black Cat to make it work.

Ultimate Member

Jessica Drew doesn't really have much to do with Spider-Man either. Yet Marvel is pushing her as a "Spider-family" member these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Jessica Drew doesn't really have much to do with Spider-Man either. Yet Marvel is pushing her as a "Spider-family" member these days.
    Granted, she's called Spider-Woman so you'd expect a connection .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with incorporating Jessica Drew into the Spider-Family. I think that there needs to be more non-Spidey created characters incorporated into Peter/Spider-Man social circles. I think that Dennis Hopeless should incorporate Peter into Jessica's world as a supporting cast member in a non Spider-Man role, and further explore their friendship as the writer for Silk's solo series is doing. What's the point in putting Jessica into Spider-Man's world if her friendship with Peter Parker is not flushed out in the same manner as Cindy Moon in her titled series?

Astonishing Member

Tigra(as The Cat) has the potential to play a big role in Spider-Man's world as a member of the NYPD CSI Unit. Also, Greer's relationship with Hank Pym is unknown at the moment. In the second West Coast Avengers series, it was revealed that Tigra was in love with Hank, but not Greer Grant herself. For a time, Tigra had two conflicting personas, the human side and the spiritual Cat Demon side. I think that Greer would be better suited in Spider-Man's world in a manner that's anti-Catwoman, where as she's a Police Officer whose a crime fighter who knows that Spider-Man is Peter Parker. After all, in the original The Claws of The Cat series, Greer was in a lot of ways like Peter Parker.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post
    I like that you mentioned Harley Mauled because I think she is the best example of how a "sidekickey" character can be elevated with a talented creative team and decent marketing. Harley's book is one of the most fun reads currently in print and I also agree that Black Cat would make a great lead in a book of a similar tone. However, I seriously doubt Marvel would ever put the kind of investment required behind Black Cat to make it work.
    You could go even further than say she was a sidekick. Harley wasn't even a comic book character yet now she's 2nd only to Batman in popularity.
    Out of all the characters that would be a fun read, without being just a Harley clone, Marvel have a bit of a gap their and Black Cat is the obvious character to fill it. It would make more sense than trying to turn her into the next Kingpin anyway. Seriously her villain turn is such a bad idea I have seen people on Marvels own site say it's bad !

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I definitely don't agree with that last part; I love Silk and hope she remains in the Spider-family for years.
    I hope she's killed off in a comedic fashion with no one remembering who she was.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    I hope she's killed off in a comedic fashion with no one remembering who she was.
    Why, though? She's a pretty amazing addition to the books. And if you don't like her, it's pretty easy to ignore her. She's kinda self-contained in her own series at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Marvel should add Julia Carpenter, Jessica Drew, and The Black Widow to The Spider-Family.
    I'm pretty sure Carpenter is part of it...

The Black Widow doesn't make sense. Yes, she's got a spider-themed name but she was zero connections with the Spider-Family.
    Last edited by thecrimson; 09-23-2015 at 09:09 AM.