Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

In this world what is truly mechanical? I tend to reserve judgment unless it is clearly stated in the text.
    This is the exact dialogue spoken by Aphrodite XV in Aphrodite IX #6;

Aph IX: You're a cyborg?

Aph XV: Nope. Full android. The epidermal organic layer is about 5mm thick, but it's not real tissue.

Aph XV: All Fifteens are full Singularity Models. Human minds downloaded into an invulnerable, immortal shell. We never grow old, never get sick, and can be upgraded to adapt to any environment.

Does that clear things up?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pauul View Post
    This is the exact dialogue spoken by Aphrodite XV in Aphrodite IX #6;

Aph IX: You're a cyborg?

Aph XV: Nope. Full android. The epidermal organic layer is about 5mm thick, but it's not real tissue.

Aph XV: All Fifteens are full Singularity Models. Human minds downloaded into an invulnerable, immortal shell. We never grow old, never get sick, and can be upgraded to adapt to any environment.

Does that clear things up?
    Yes, thanks. So what was the big birth scene in IXth Generation 6?

Spectacular Member

Yes, thanks. So what was the big birth scene in IXth Generation 6?
    You mean in IXth Generation #5?

That was the birth of the IXth models, which are biological organisms. Nine mothers (or, surrogates, really) - each one for a different member of the IXth Generation.

Hermes IX used the Wheel of Shadows to project herself back through time to witness her own origins.
    Last edited by Pauul; 11-18-2015 at 12:38 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Most of the one shots do begin with the credits on the inside front cover and three paragraphs about the Aphrodite protocol on page 1 and the story beginning on page 2, however Athena IX has an advert for Mr. Robot on the inside front cover, credits on page 1, the three paragraphs on page 2 and the story beginning on page 3. This is because the second and third pages of the story (pages 4-5) were combined as a double page spread which preserved some of the dramatic reveals later in the story.
    UPDATE: Ryan responded on Twitter, saying both work, so, I guess folks can make reference to a page turn if you feel it matters for their script.

All-New Member

Hello everyone,
    I didn't understand the deadline of this competition.
    I'm an artist I can send the pages after 1/15/2015 without having received feedback? or I need the written feedback for participate at the contest?
    and I can send the submission agreement in black and white? or I have to print it in color?

Please answer me.

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by REINDEER View Post
    I'm an artist I can send the pages after 1/15/2015 without having received feedback? or I need the written feedback for participate at the contest?
    The January deadline is for the feedback and as stated in the TC_TalentHunt_2015-2016.pdf that is almost impossible to copy/paste a quote from. "EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS, BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO AND CAN SIMPLY TURN IN YOUR ENTRY BY THE FINAL DEADLINE OF MAY 15, 2016."

and I can send the submission agreement in black and white? or I have to print it in color?
    I would assume that your signature and innitials on the document is more important than it being printed in CMYK. It is also worth noting that saving as monochrome would result in a much smaller file size allowing your completed submission and agreement to remain under the 10mb file size limit.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    The January deadline is for the feedback and as stated in the TC_TalentHunt_2015-2016.pdf that is almost impossible to copy/paste a quote from. "EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS, BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO AND CAN SIMPLY TURN IN YOUR ENTRY BY THE FINAL DEADLINE OF MAY 15, 2016."

I would assume that your signature and innitials on the document is more important than it being printed in CMYK. It is also worth noting that saving as monochrome would result in a much smaller file size allowing your completed submission and agreement to remain under the 10mb file size limit.
    thanks for clarifying

Future Comic Book Writer ftkeener's Avatar

Okay, I can't find any comics that connect the original 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 to the "Collected Hardcover"...any help?

guaybrian

Hello Folks

Had a question but figured it out. Have a good day!
    Last edited by guaybrian; 11-23-2015 at 06:45 PM.

All-New Member

In Poseidon, Page 3, Panel 6: "There is a massive crowd beneath him at the balcony, roaring and cheering." Also Page 5, Panel 4: "The people of Triton clutch each other and howl in horror..." Who or what are the people of Triton? Are they all copies of Poseidon? The Xvs are copies of Poseidon (yes?), an elite class, like his military I imagine, so there's a limited number of them (yes?), and they would only be scattered throughout the crowd (yes?), so it's not them. The crowd is referred to as cyborgs on Page 6. Is the full general populace made up of enhanced human-machine hybrids? Or are they mixed with standard-issue non-enhanced human beings? Thanks for future answers! The world-building in this series is awesome.
    Last edited by atomikdog; 11-28-2015 at 01:01 AM.

All-New Member

Hello everyone! I am a little confused and hoping if someone can help me out. I downloaded the 2015 Zip file and opened the Poseiden IX script. It the same script as the Poseidien One Shot being sold now. Does this mean we can "redraw" the script and submit for the Talent Hunt?

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by atomikdog View Post
    Who or what are the people of Triton?.
    They're all cyborgs that recieve cybernetic implants at birth which generally resemble metallic protrusions around the face.

Quote Originally Posted by wmatute View Post
    Does this mean we can "redraw" the script and submit for the Talent Hunt?
    Yes, however you also have the option of approaching the script as though it has yet to be printed and create the supporting cast and scenery etc. from scratch while remaining true to the setting presented in Aphrodite IX and IXth Generation.

All-New Member

Thank you Mathew! Another question came to mind as I read the PDF documents and scripts . All the scripts have around ~20 pages. Is there a minimum of how many pages should be illustrated for the submission?

Custom User Title

I believe that Lightningmax was the first to answer this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningmax View Post
    Eight pages minimum.
    But you would also need to consider the 10MB limit for your submission and release form.

All-New Member

Excellent and thank you again!