Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by REINDEER View Post
    someone has received the confirmation email from Top Cow?
    Nope. Nothing yet.

All-New Member

HELP ME!
    I have receveid that mail from TOP COW:
    "In your previous email you did not attach a revised script for the Top Cow Talent Hunt. Please resend it to submissions@topcow.com and soon as possible."
    BUT I'M AN ARTIST,
    What is this revised script????

All-New Member

ok, they had made a mistake...

All-New Member

Okay, just got my confirmation email.

This is my first time replying to this thread, but I've been stopping by every once in awhile. Thanks to you guys for keeping it up to date and big thanks to Top Cow for hosting the contest. I'm really happy with my script this year, except, rereading it fresh the next day, I caught so many more silly mistakes. Oh well, still much better than my scripts from previous years so at least I'm improving.

Good luck to everyone!

Got my confirmation e-mail too

Again, many thanks to Top Cow for providing this awesome opportunity. It has helped me network with the industry and it has definitely opened up doors. This is just speculation, but it seems Top Cow has encouraged other publishers to hire new talent, like DC. Or maybe it's just that time to integrate the next generation. Either way, it's been fun, despite the unbearable tension, and boy, have I improved these last 3 years, you wouldn't believe!

Good luck everyone! I hope you guys at least gained some new contacts, like I have.

Got my confirmation as well. It's been fun.
    I really appreciate the Top Cow team took time to give feedback this year.
    Good luck to all.
    Now, onto the next thing.

O_Hi_O

Just popping in to say best of luck to everybody! This community is great!

All-New Member

Hi guys,

I just want to say good luck to everyone. Also, I'm a writer that is always on the hunt for new artists to try and collaborate with. Especially guys just looking to break into the business like myself. So I just want to put it out there for any artist to post links to their work or deviant art pages. I've searched for Top Cow Talent Hunt entries before on Deviant Art and feel it's a great way to find people to collaborate with since there are a lot of talented artists out there who unfortunately do not win.

Spectacular Member

Hey guys. It's been a while since I last checked in.

I just wanted to wish you all luck with your entries.

And even if you don't nab a spot as a Winner or Runner Up, remember there are other opportunities out there.

You only fail when you stop trying.

You shouldn't only be looking for opportunities at the big publishers either. There are indie and small press anthologies out there too, where you can hone your craft and build up your portfolio of work.

This month Not Forgotten are accepting pitches (paid gig). Hallowscream has a deadline for the end of July (unpaid). FutureQuake Press are still accepting scripts for Zarjaz and Dogsbreath, plus they need artists for FutureQuake and Something Wicked (unpaid). The next Millarworld Annual should be looking for submissions in September (paid). Plus 2000AD will be opening up submissions in September as well (paid).

I'm even working as an Assistant Editor on a small press anthology called Future Noir (details on my blog).

I do try and post any opportunities I come across on my blog, so check it out - https://paulpennawrites.wordpress.com/

I'm glad to see this thread has stayed active, even if it's not quite as active as it was last year.

I hope I see big things from all of you in the future.
    Last edited by Pauul; 06-16-2016 at 01:14 PM.

All-New Member

Very helpful, Paul

All-New Member

That's awesome, Paul. Thanks for all the information. I'll be sure to bookmark your blog.

All-New Member

Am I right in thinking that we won't be contacted if we don't win...? Which means whoever has won may have already been contacted?

This is more stressful than getting the actual script finished, haha!

Am I right in thinking that we won't be contacted if we don't win...? Which means whoever has won may have already been contacted?

This is more stressful than getting the actual script finished, haha!
    Yes, only the winners will get an e-mail. Still about a week left. This is getting tense! XD

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SaraKpn View Post
    Yes, only the winners will get an e-mail. Still about a week left. This is getting tense! XD
    Gah! I think I'm going to spontaneously combust either way! The waiting is easily the worst part