Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
    All-New Member

Any interest for the peeps that did not make the cut to post their stuff in a separate thread? Might be easier for feedback, meet and greets, etc.?

All-New Member

If anyone wants to collaborate feel free to drop me a line! Otherwise I'll look for everyone for the next talent hunt (if it happens) and elsewhere. Good luck with your careers!
    Last edited by tfinnah; 08-06-2016 at 05:17 AM.

Spectacular Member

Very helpful, Paul
    That's awesome, Paul. Thanks for all the information. I'll be sure to bookmark your blog.
    You're welcome.

And congrats to the winners!

I count at least two people who post on this thread made it through this year.

So, special congratulations to Sara Knaepen and Marco Renna.

Sara's user name is fairly obvious, you guys will know Marco as 'Reindeer'.

Both artists.

Any more?

For those of you who did win, the fun has just begun...

If you didn't... well, the Millarworld annual is just around the corner. Maybe you should be picking up Millarworld stuff. And as I said, I try to post of opportunities as they come along on my blog. I don't get to update it as often as I'd like, but as soon as I see something useful, I will always be quick to make a post.

Here is a link for Millarworld; http://forums.millarworld.tv/t/milla...arch-2016/7505

Keep trying. Keep practicing. Keep getting better. If this is what you were meant to do, if you really want this, you'll make it in the end.
    Last edited by Pauul; 08-08-2016 at 01:23 PM.

lglaser

Hello everyone - I'm new to these forums, since I usually keep to myself, but I wanted to join in and thank everyone for the kind wishes and congratulations, and Top Cow for selecting my work out of all the excellent applicants. I look forward to talking with all of you about comics and more - everyone here seems really cool.

All-New Member

Congratulations to the winners!

All-New Member

Here's my submission for anyone who would like to see. http://www.izzataljumaie.wordpress.com

ElvisGonz

Congratulations to all the winners, you guys did a great job and from what I've seen it was a very tough competition this year. Here's my entry divided into two parts
    https://t.co/NU9LyzU7bM
    https://tmblr.co/ZwTC8l2ASSVHw

Hey everybody! I've been on vacation and I'm just seeing the thread. Congratulations to all the winners! I hope it propels you into great success!

LordTJ

Looks I did not win again for the writing portion. If any artists would like to collaborate please message me.

Spectacular Member

Hey, so if any of you guys have yet to hear, Jim Towe, who was an artist runner-up last year, is now the new artist for Youngblood.

Which is such incredible news.

Jim is such a great guy and super talented. He absolutely deserves this.

You can follow him on Twitter here; https://twitter.com/jimtowe

cirovsky

Default The link for zip for talent hunt rules and samples scripts don't work

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Hello!

This thread will serve as the Top Cow-sanctioned official discussion forum for all matters relating to Talent Hunt 2016. Feel free to discuss your submissions with your fellow participants, or ask questions of Top Cow President and COO Matt Hawkins -- who will stop by this thread periodically as time allows.

Full rules, submission agreement and sample scripts are available for download here.

Thanks, have fun, and good luck!
    The link for zip for talent hunt rules and samples scripts don't work, do can fix it?

Hey Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone else is posting their scripts and Art.
    I think I posted mine earlier in the thread but it seems I am part of the rare few here.
    Is there a thread for peer review/ feedback only?

Spectacular Member

Hey Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone else is posting their scripts and Art.
    I think I posted mine earlier in the thread but it seems I am part of the rare few here.
    Is there a thread for peer review/ feedback only?
    I never share my failed scripts, mainly because I could potentially re-use ideas later. And I rarely have the time to read stuff. I'm way too busy writing.

That said, once you've gained some distance from your submission, you can usually be more objective and spot the mistakes you've made on your own.

But if you want to share on here, I say go ahead, it's not like the thread is being used for anything else.

However, that's not what I came back onto the thread to say.

Matt Hawkins just revealed on Twitter what the subject of the Top Cow Talent Hunt 2017 is going to be.

Here is a link - https://twitter.com/topcowmatt/statu...37378271092736

The characters you'll be writing are Think Tank, Tithe and Postal.

Now, the exact rules aren't going to be announced until the Summer during the San Diego Comic Con, so you can't start writing yet.

But you can start researching.

Which means, when the rules are announced, that you can hit the ground running.

You want an advantage? Read as much as you can.

It doesn't guarantee success, but it will help.

Oh, and in addition, in case you didn't notice, CyberForce: Artifacts #0 which is the one shot featuring the strips of the 2014/2015 Runners-Up is being released on December 28th.

Cs6cSBmVIAAxpLG.jpg large.jpg

Yes, that means my eight page strip is going to be in the one shot.

So, I hope some of you decide to pick it up. And, when one or more of you win the 2017 Talent Hunt, I'll pick up your comic too.

Oh okay. I thought they were not going to do it this coming year.
    Good news then.

Hello fellow Comic Book Creators and Lovers.

I am a published author/writer/letterer/designer and looking for another committed team for a new project.

I currently have submissions out to the top 5 for a personal project and in the meantime I'm looking to build my portfolio.

If you are a penciler, inker, colorist, digital artist, pin-up artist, or cover artist I'd like to connect with you.

**My skill set:**
    Writer (Fantasy & Sci-Fi)
    Editing
    Lettering
    Marketing
    Solicitations/Submissions
    Networking
    Convention Scheduling
    Backer (for things like marketing materials and convention appearances for promotional purposes)

**My comic credits are as follows:**
    Only Human #1 (2014) 1st print sold out
    Only Human #0 (2015)
    Zorn The Last Zombie #1 (2015)
    Only Human #2 (2016)
    AC Comic's FemForce #174
    AC Comic's FemForce #177
    AC Comic's FemForce #180

**What I'm interested in:**
    Looking for a committed team to collaborate with. You must have some free time you can dedicate to this project, since I commit 110% to any collaborations. Your idea, mine, or a group decision; I don't care. I'd just like to network with some like minded creators that want to make something awesome and possibly get it to Image, Dark Horse, Archaia, IDW/Black Crown, Avatar etc.

**Payment:**
    I don't require any payment up front, if you need money up front, I'm willing to help you run a kickstarter for funding. I'm fine with working on royalties or back end payments, when they happen.

**Goals:**
    To get 6 inked or inked and colored pages together for me to letter. I will submit these to major publishers for consideration in publishing. If they don't bite, I'm willing to help you run/promote a kickstarter campaign for indie publishing. We have an imprint to publish the book under along with template and UPC/ISBN, etc. So everything would be ready to go with or without a major publisher.

Get in touch with me Soon!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel free to find my portfolio at:

Josephamichael.com/portfolio
    twitter.com/josephamichael
    instagram.com/josephamichael1
    facebook.com/josephamichael1