Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tuna View Post
    It is my first time in the contest, is it normal so late to announce the winners ?
    Not really, but this year the time of the expected results coincides with the opening of the Comic-Con, so that must be what's delaying everything. It's a big/important event for all publishers.
    Hopefully they release the results before the end of the CC. I agree with Chris, better get busy with something and try not to think about it...

All-New Member

I'm assuming the winners have been notified. I asked Ryan and he said we should be seeing news today or tomorrow...

All-New Member

This year the competition is very slow ... I hope will give news soon ... it is becoming stressful

All-New Member

Hey everyone,

Soooo we are all still waiting. I just wanted to share something that might explain why things are moving slowly compared to past years of the competition.

I'm not sure if anyone else follows Ryan Cady on Twitter (The one and only 'Top Cow Ryan' that helps us out on this thread). Yesterday he posted a bunch of items, the main gist of which is that Ryan is moving from California to New York. Consequently, he will no longer be the in-house editor BUT he is for sure still working with Top Cow.

I honestly feel a little awkward even posting those items without Ryan's permission, and I for sure don't feel comfortable just straight copying and pasting from his twitter account. So go check out @rycady to see the whole shebang.

So a couple of things. First, Ryan, if you still check the thread, congratulations to you! I sincerely apologize if you didn't want your business posted here. I reasoned that once it's on twitter it's in the public domain, so that's the only reason I posted the broad strokes here. You seem pretty excited, I look forward to what you are doing in the near future so best of luck to you in NYC!

Second, for us Talent Hunt peeps, I don't think this is going out on too much of a limb to say there is a LOT going on at Top Cow. This Talent Hunt year they included giving feedback, while also going to SDCC, now Ryan's news and schedule (let alone what goes on in Matt's life, Betsy's life, etc.). And they still have to write, illustrate, edit and run a comic book company.

I think I will heed Chris' news that we will hear something any day now, and probably go radio silent until the end of the competition. Like Chris, I suspect I am on the outside looking in, but who knows? Everyone on this thread and many others are still in it until they aren't! One last good luck to everyone, hope you all get great news!

All-New Member

As for me, i prefer that they take their time and make it a good right job of it. Instead of just hurrying things up and ended up making mistakes or rash dicisions. I mean, it isn't like they're being paid for this or anything... They don't have a deadline. We're lucky we're being givin this opportunity each year.
    To me it was being stressful... until it wasn't. Now i'm more like "que sera, sera". I'll keep checking this thread everyday, off course, but i'm also keeping busy with other things..

Custom User Title

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...nners-revealed

Writing winners: Leon Glaser, Brendan Hodgdon

Writing runner-ups: Joanna Marsh, Charles Crapo (returnee)

Artist winners: Sara Knaepen SaraKpn (returnee), Balasz Valyogos

Artist runner-ups: Mark Whitaker, Marco Renna (returnee)
    Last edited by Mathew; 08-04-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Thank you so much, Top Cow! And congrats to the other winners!
    Some information for the people here, I got my e-mail the 27th of July, but I couldn't tell you! I've been reading all your posts wanting to reply so badly, but had to wait until Top Cow's official announcement. I know exactly how emotional and stressful this talent hunt was, even the second time, but it's so worth it! I'll do my best to draw some awesome stuff for Top Cow Good luck everyone! Keep going! "Winners never quit and quitters never win.", as they say.

All-New Member

Congratulations to the winners , unfortunately for me I was not one of them, my drawing style has not changed in several years so I do not think I have much case to try in coming years , but good to keep looking for other doors, I leave my portfolio and email you hoping will please any writer I entered the contest contact me and waitin collaborate and get something useful from this experience. Greetings to all .

juliandroid@gmail.com

http://tunarte.tumblr.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats to the winners!
    I have to admit I am a bit disappointed I did not make the cut BUT I am also relieved this is over. Now we can all move on with our lives to hopefully new exciting prospects. In the meantime, I share with you my script for this year featuring the mighty Ares.
    This is "God of the Arena".
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnncmvlvpe...H2016.pdf?dl=0

Feedback welcomed!

Congrats to the winners!!!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SaraKpn View Post
    Some information for the people here, I got my e-mail the 27th of July, but I couldn't tell you! I've been reading all your posts wanting to reply so badly, but had to wait until Top Cow's official announcement. I know exactly how emotional and stressful this talent hunt was, even the second time, but it's so worth it! I'll do my best to draw some awesome stuff for Top Cow Good luck everyone! Keep going! "Winners never quit and quitters never win.", as they say.
    CONGRATULATIONS SARA!!!! That's awesome!! I remember looking at your pages and saying to myself, "She'll definitely be one of the winners"!! (I had a gut feeling that's why you weren't posting...)

bladestalker

Congrats to the winners. Can't say I'm not disappointed not to win but the experience was fun (a huge amount of work) but fun.

Now that we can share, if anyone is interested I can upload/share my script.

Quote Originally Posted by tfinnah View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS SARA!!!! That's awesome!! I remember looking at your pages and saying to myself, "She'll definitely be one of the winners"!! (I had a gut feeling that's why you weren't posting...)
    Thanks And I'll keep in mind the feedback I got to make my characters more loose and dynamic. I know that's something I need to work on. Can't hide forever behind a pretty finish XD The other winners are so good! Congrats to them and good luck to all the rest. An artist once said: "If you get good enough, someone will notice eventually." So, you know, keep improving.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SaraKpn View Post
    Congratulations!

Congrats Sara, and the rest of the winners of course! As a relative outsider, it's cool to watch the threads for this contest grow steadily over the months and the see the growing anticipation. Hope that everyone who participated got something out of the experience, from which your next projects may benefit!