Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Me too! Got mine right at midnight last night. I can't wait to get started on my tweaks and changes in subsequent revisions. So valuable - and I'm very grateful that this contest offers input, whereas no other contests really do ... at least not to my knowledge. Top Cow is the tops.

thefountain

Hello

I've just gotten the feedback notes, which are helpful. When i RESUBMIT do i have to send all the other docs like waivers etc?

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Hello!

This thread will serve as the Top Cow-sanctioned official discussion forum for all matters relating to Talent Hunt 2016. Feel free to discuss your submissions with your fellow participants, or ask questions of Top Cow President and COO Matt Hawkins -- who will stop by this thread periodically as time allows.

Full rules, submission agreement and sample scripts are available for download here.

Thanks, have fun, and good luck!

Spectacular Member

My feedback came just shy of my birthday! That was cool. I'm really excited to get back in there and rework my scripts! Although I did not receive feedback for my art submission yet. I don't know if that's good or bad.

All-New Member

I got my feed back yesterday. I was worried that my story wasn't going to work in the continuity or that I was going to have to start over from scratch, but the feed back that I got was very encouraging. It didn't say anything negative or that I need to make major changes to my story, but there was some criticism on my script and instructions on how I can improve it. I am really digging this feed back. In previous talent hunts it was just blind sending scripts and crossing my fingers hoping I get a reply. Now I know what was bad and what was good about my script. Feed back and communication is an essential part of making good comic books. It makes me feel a lot better. I know that I can do this, all I need to do is roll up my sleeves and get to work.

All-New Member

Hey all, continuity question here: does anyone know where Speros is located in terms our current geography? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef Cuddy View Post
    Hey all, continuity question here: does anyone know where Speros is located in terms our current geography? Thanks.
    So, and don't quote me on this, but I believe Speros is near the Ruins of Millennium City and Millennium City is in Pittsburgh so there, Pennsylvania it is.
    For some reason, and I don't know where I saw that, but I believe that in the world of IX Generation, the topography is quite different though.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by batlantic View Post
    I got my feedback at 4:01 AM EST. The feedback was brief, but supportive. I think it's clear that I didn't win, which I understand was a long shot. I submitted pencils only, so I'm considering re-submitting a couple of the pages with the suggested changes. Does anyone know the process for a second submit?
    I'm thinking I'll re-submit. I'm going to make a couple of new pages from a different script and submit those. I don't want to re-draw the 8 pages that I did before. I'm not sure exactly the process for re-submitting, I guess I'll include the signed waiver, and a pdf of the new pages and the old pages again.

All-New Member

I have a random question about the Drakes in Aphrodite IX. I know that the Gen breeds them, but is there anywhere in the books that shows what the process looks like or how they breed them? I've scanned through the books and couldn't find any panels, but I may have not been paying enough attention to notice.

I don't think there is a direct explanation of how they are created. There are references to it in the second Aphrodite IX trade I believe where Marcus is checking on the lab's process and asking them to grow them faster, especially the big ones. That's about it.
    I infer that the Drakes are chimeras of sorts, a mix of genetic traits from several different creatures grown in a petri dish. But that's just my two cents.

All-New Member

Thank You! I'll go through the second story arc again and pay more attention to the panels.

Custom User Title

The scene in the Genesis City Genetic Spawning Labs is in Aphrodite IX #7 which would be the second chapter of volume 2. It should be on the 38th page opposite the page where Burch abseils into the runs of Millennium City into a chamber full of stasis pods.

All-New Member

Hello, can I submit both pencil and inked versions of my pages in the same pdf? Thank you.

Custom User Title

If you name the pages sequentially for example penciled page 1 is title_001, inked page 1 is title_002, penciled page 2 is title_003 then once you've compiled them as a single pdf you would then be able to easily flick through and compare the two versions.

Hi, I have a question: Would getting published by Dabel Brothers disqualify you from this talent hunt? They don't seem to be affiliated with any of the companies on the rules list.
    Thanks.

All-New Member

HA!

I just read IXth Generation #8... and discovered that 2/3rds of my intended plot-line may not be viable without rework! Well then. Back to the drawing board. I'm glad I have until May to complete!

If this is what it's really like in the industry on continuity no wonder some people have it so hard. When something comes out and you already have your own plot figured out, you've got some weird rewrites to compensate for.