Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    AtomicUniverse

Hello. I know Matt Hawkins puts a science class in the back of the comics he writes which includes the research he did including his commentary. This is one of my favorite features of the comics he writes. Is it ok if I do the same? If so does that count against my page count for the story? Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUniverse View Post
    Hello. I know Matt Hawkins puts a science class in the back of the comics he writes which includes the research he did including his commentary. This is one of my favorite features of the comics he writes. Is it ok if I do the same? If so does that count against my page count for the story? Thank you for your help.
    Hey, I only know the story must always be around 20-24 pages. Any extras you add like character profiles or science info are added on top of a full story. It would be a shame for the reader to have only 10 pages of story, while the other 10 are science tips, no matter how interesting they are. The story takes priority, always of course

Don't know if you can add stuff for this talent hunt. Hopefully someone else will answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUniverse View Post
    I wouldn't.
    The Talent Hunt rules specify you must submit a 22 pages script and ONLY a 22 page script.
    If they want to publish you story, then you might want to talk to the editor about adding in a science class.
    Otherwise, it does not help you or them to do so at this stage.

All-New Member

Hi, I'm working on my submission for this year and had a question. I have a friend who has asked me to ink some pencils of some marvel characters that he will in turn be making prints of and selling them. I will not be selling or distributing any prints so my question is if I ink his work would I be disqualified from the talent hunt or any future possible work with topcow based on top cow's stance on prints of owned property/characters? Thanks

All-New Member

In my one paragraph critique I got one note that I didn't quite understand. It was this: "Remember to keep track of the balance between casual and serious." I took some time off from the script to see if I would understand when I came back to it. But I'm still a little shaky. I feel that maybe it has something to do with my attempts at humor.

Ryan, are you able to expand upon that critique off the top of your head? What does something like "keeping track of the balance" mean to an editor at TC?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1050 View Post
    Hi, I'm working on my submission for this year and had a question. I have a friend who has asked me to ink some pencils of some marvel characters that he will in turn be making prints of and selling them. I will not be selling or distributing any prints so my question is if I ink his work would I be disqualified from the talent hunt or any future possible work with topcow based on top cow's stance on prints of owned property/characters? Thanks
    Since no one else answered, I figured I'd give you my two cents.
    I think you're fine. There is nothing in the rules that says this would disqualify you. It's not like you're doing published work for Marvel, you know.
    Just my opinion.

I think they mean to watch for tone.
    You're right, it probably has to do with humor. Is it too silly? Does it fit the character's voice? How does the character speak? Do they use a more casual or serious type of language and is it consistent throughout your entire story?
    Now, maybe I am completely wrong on this but I figured I'd share my thoughts with you since this is something I too am struggling with.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoIzambard View Post
    I think they mean to watch for tone.
    You're right, it probably has to do with humor. Is it too silly? Does it fit the character's voice? How does the character speak? Do they use a more casual or serious type of language and is it consistent throughout your entire story?
    Now, maybe I am completely wrong on this but I figured I'd share my thoughts with you since this is something I too am struggling with.
    This was in answer to Mathewwead btw

All-New Member

Hey guys!

I just wanted to know what the procedure for re-submitting (after feedback) is? Do I need to send it as I did before, including the submission agreement, or do I just send the script and let TC know that this is the 2nd draft of my script?

Cheers!

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTresson View Post
    Hey guys!

I just wanted to know what the procedure for re-submitting (after feedback) is? Do I need to send it as I did before, including the submission agreement, or do I just send the script and let TC know that this is the 2nd draft of my script?

Cheers!

Chris.
    I would send the Submission Agreement again because the "Material" you are submitting is 'new' material.
    -N

DForrestFox

Just curious, does Top Cow still have sample pencils, for those of us who would like to submit work as an inker? And if so, can you tell me where I might find these sample pages?
    Thanks so much!!!

ilflaviatore

Hi, I'd like to submit art samples based on the "Artifacts" vol 2 (Silvestri, Marz).
    I've taken the first 8 pages from the original script.

May I partecipate to the contest?

Thanks

Flavio

Custom User Title

You can enter the contest, but you would probably want to use one of the sample scripts to avoid automatic disqualification.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_TalentHunt_2015-2016
    You need to submit art samples and story samples ONLY based on these characters listed above. Any submissions that do NOT feature these characters or that feature these characters AND other characters not on this list will not be reviewed and the submission discarded.
    Full rules, submission agreement and sample scripts are available for download here.

Hello Everyone!
    I am really surprised I don't see more activity on here, especially compared to last year's thread. Whatever that means.
    The deadline is fast approaching. Is everybody ready? I know i am excited and anxious. What about you?
    -

All-New Member

I'm about done with mine... Going to have one last read through it all and then I'm sending it in! I don't really have any anxiety about it myself, I'll just be glad to have it finished and handed in on time