Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by givesight View Post
    I am almost at a place where I am happy with the style of my submission. Here I was toying around with Poseidon's look but I know now he needs to have hair and he is more on the Asian side (Polynesian) from my understanding. I am tempted to add some warrior face tattoos on the XV's. How much if any can I add my own twist to the characters without stepping out of bounds withing the IX universe? Attachment 28276
    Creativity is rewarded! Explore the options for the characters. Reflect the choices in city design. It is an ocean culture, how does that effect other choices? Fully explore all your design options -- editors want someone to bring a new vision to the characters.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sh4d0vvkn1ght View Post
    I have a <<weird>> question about this contest. I have finished the 24 pages of Athena IX #1 and I have sent them already in 3 submissions of 8 pages each. I loved that character so much and I prefer to draw her more than the other ones . So..... yes yes I will make my question . Is it possible to make 3 small stories of 8 pages each with Athena IX and sent them in 3 more submissions for art and the 3 stories to be one more submission for the writers contest? I hope I made clear my question .
    Well, you could have sent the original Athena IX as one submission of 24 pages. On the one hand being able to produce a lot of pages is good, fast and good quality is better. No one gets a job just for being fast. You can submit as both writer and artist on your pieces. A lot of entries will not win this contest, make sure they are high quality.

well I made 24 pages with a new char full colored and I think decent quality in 31 days . It was a bet vs myshelf to finish in 1 month. Well I am not so experienced as you in comics but fast is very important in comics if you want to work in a monthly book I think. some samples here http://sh4d0vvkn1ght.deviantart.com/ . I don't think I made my question clear tho. I want to make a script with Athena ix (24 pages) to use it as another 3 submissions for art . The question is : can I do that and this to be one submission for writing also? Thanks for the answer and I hope I made my question more clear now . I prefer multiple submission than one only for 2 main reasons a) I am improving every page (I think) so the page 24 its much better than page 1. So there is a notable difference from submission 1 from submission 3 b) and Top Cow promised one comment paragraph for every submission before 15 January 2016 (if I remember the date right) . So I can hope they sent me more commends for my art than just one paragraph . And that's the most important thing because I don't live in US (yes yes you know it from my English :P) and I will never have the opportunity to meet a comic editor or someone professional who will comment about my art.
    Last edited by sh4d0vvkn1ght; 10-28-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Spectacular Member

To prepare for this contest, I purchased the hardback "Complete Aphrodite IX" book, however, it appears to only contain the story of what happens after the 700 year nap the Nines took. Can anyone point me to where I can find the beginning of the story? I have searched for individual comics, but I have no idea which ones are the ones to look for. Thanks, in advance.
    The only events that occur between the end of the Cyber Force series and the beginning of Aphrodite IX Rebirth are chronicled in the original Aphrodite IX series by David Finch and David Wohl and Aphrodite IX/Cyber Force #1. Both can be found in the Aphrodite IX: The Complete Series hardcover.

Hello guys,
    I was just wondering if you could help me make sure I read all the necessary material.
    I read Cyberforce Rebirth TPB Vol. 1 and 2, Aphrodite IX Rebirth Vol. 1 and 2, and all the IXth Generation (issue 1 to 6) plus all four one-shots. Is the original Aphrodite IX series by David Finch and David Wohl a must read? Isn't it out of continuity?
    Thanks a bunch and good luck to all!

Spectacular Member

Hello guys,
    I was just wondering if you could help me make sure I read all the necessary material.
    I read Cyberforce Rebirth TPB Vol. 1 and 2, Aphrodite IX Rebirth Vol. 1 and 2, and all the IXth Generation (issue 1 to 6) plus all four one-shots. Is the original Aphrodite IX series by David Finch and David Wohl a must read? Isn't it out of continuity?
    Thanks a bunch and good luck to all!
    It isn't a must read, but, yeah, I think it just about fits into continuity.

You have to fudge a few details here and there. Consider the fact that a lot of the stuff Aphrodite IX is told in that series is misinformation. And some of the stuff you see, in retrospect, can't mean what it was originally meant to mean.

You can definitely get by without reading it, but if you get the chance, I would recommend looking at it.

Thanks Pauul!

All-New Member

Thank you Lightningmax

WalkingLost

The link to the rules and submission form doesn't seem to be working. It says it downloads, but then it won't open. I've tried on the computer and on my phone. Anyone know how to rectify this?

Custom User Title

They're compressed in a zipped folder which you'l need to open in a particular way.

Quote Originally Posted by opening a zipped folder
    Do one of the following: To extract a single file or folder, double-click the compressed folder to open it. Then, drag the file or folder from the compressed folder to a new location. To extract the entire contents of the compressed folder, right-click the folder, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

Hey Guys, Question
    It seems like sometimes between Cyberforce/Aphrodite and IX generation #1, Aphrodite removed the Coin of Solomon from inside her skull and is now wearing it as a pendant around her neck. Did I miss something? I don't see that event actually being told anywhere and why would she do that?

Hello, I have some questions regarding the talent hunt.

I apologize if this has been asked previously, but I searched through several pages of this thread and didn't find a direct answer:

1. Is it possible to pair with a writer + artist combo for this search?

2. I have recently completed a book for DC Comics (via Insight Editions), however it was not a standard sequential based comic, and I was wondering if that would exclude me from participating in this talent hunt? I have done no further work for DC at this time.

Thank you, I appreciate the time.

- Paul

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by NicoIzambard View Post
    Hey Guys, Question
    It seems like sometimes between Cyberforce/Aphrodite and IX generation #1, Aphrodite removed the Coin of Solomon from inside her skull and is now wearing it as a pendant around her neck. Did I miss something? I don't see that event actually being told anywhere and why would she do that?
    Aphrodite would probably have had it removed during the 25 years interval if she believed it was how Burch was able to take control of her and then erase her memory. Even with Burch out of the picture there's still Hades IX to worry about, especially as she was able to take direct control of Aphrodite XV in Aphrodite IX: Rebirth #9.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBulman View Post
    Hello, I have some questions regarding the talent hunt.

I apologize if this has been asked previously, but I searched through several pages of this thread and didn't find a direct answer:

1. Is it possible to pair with a writer + artist combo for this search?

2. I have recently completed a book for DC Comics (via Insight Editions), however it was not a standard sequential based comic, and I was wondering if that would exclude me from participating in this talent hunt? I have done no further work for DC at this time.

Thank you, I appreciate the time.

- Paul
    1)Yes.
    2)Ryan?

Looks exciting....will get commissions out of the way and work on this.