Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Aphrodite would probably have had it removed during the 25 years interval if she believed it was how Burch was able to take control of her and then erase her memory. Even with Burch out of the picture there's still Hades IX to worry about, especially as she was able to take direct control of Aphrodite XV in Aphrodite IX: Rebirth #9.
    Actually, it is showed and stated in the Aphrodite series that Burch controlled her through the dot on her face. That's why she stabbed herself in the dot in order to stop Burch slaving her in the first arc when about to kill Marcus. Which brings about another question. All the IXs have dots on them, does that mean they can be slaved too?

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by NicoIzambard View Post
    Actually, it is showed and stated in the Aphrodite series that Burch controlled her through the dot on her face. That's why she stabbed herself in the dot in order to stop Burch slaving her in the first arc when about to kill Marcus. Which brings about another question. All the IXs have dots on them, does that mean they can be slaved too?
    Aphrodite XV does mention that in in #7, for some reason I thought that the only reference to the Slave mode was in The Hidden Files and not something that the character was readily aware of. I had also assumed that, due to its location the coin served some purpose to enable the Chairwoman to transfer her consciousness into Aphrodite's body and was also how Burch was able to control her. In IXth Generation #2 Hades mentions how she is able to alter Mothers programming and has added traces of Hopes Dark Matter every time a IX was resurrected, if they could all be slaved I don't think Hades would need to act so covertly.

Hades also mentions that "only Aphrodite hasn't been resurrected in the past few years" which would suggest the possibility that she'd died, in which case the coin would not be in her (present) skull, although that idea would probably contradict established continuity.

Interesting,
    Thank you Mathew!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Aphrodite XV does mention that in in #7, for some reason I thought that the only reference to the Slave mode was in The Hidden Files and not something that the character was readily aware of. I had also assumed that, due to its location the coin served some purpose to enable the Chairwoman to transfer her consciousness into Aphrodite's body and was also how Burch was able to control her. In IXth Generation #2 Hades mentions how she is able to alter Mothers programming and has added traces of Hopes Dark Matter every time a IX was resurrected, if they could all be slaved I don't think Hades would need to act so covertly.

Hades also mentions that "only Aphrodite hasn't been resurrected in the past few years" which would suggest the possibility that she'd died, in which case the coin would not be in her (present) skull, although that idea would probably contradict established continuity.
    Hi folks, been lurking here for a while, so my understanding is as follows. The dot on Aphrodite's face was/is a synaptic neural interface between her and her handler Burch. When Aphrodite was brought out of stasis, Burch was also brought out of stasis and hence how she was slaved. I would think that the other IX's also having the dots means they also have handlers, and also can be slaved. It's just that at this point we don't know who they are or where they are. Probably in stasis somewhere. Which begs the question if Francesca created the IX's to rule why create them to be slaved also? The obvious answer is that she probably did so in order to be able to squash any opposition to her rise as supreme ruler once her consciousness was downloaded to Aphrodite's body. As far as the coin of Solomon, perhaps she had it removed fearing it could also be used to control her. That's a guess. But I do know that the coin was the intelligence speaking to her in Aphrodite IX, perhaps something happened along the way between the end of Aphrodite IX series and IXth Generation to make her distrust that intelligence ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pauul View Post
    It isn't a must read, but, yeah, I think it just about fits into continuity.

You have to fudge a few details here and there. Consider the fact that a lot of the stuff Aphrodite IX is told in that series is misinformation. And some of the stuff you see, in retrospect, can't mean what it was originally meant to mean.

You can definitely get by without reading it, but if you get the chance, I would recommend looking at it.
    Pauul is back in full effect! That's interesting, I took the whole reveal of The Pre rebirth Chairwoman in Post Rebirth to mean that it was some sort of conditioning or dreams Aphrodite was having while in stasis, or maybe some mixture of the two. Not to say that those events in the pre rebirth series did not happen, they happened but not as depicted In the books. Or some happened some didn't. I figured the old series was out of continuity after the Rebirth. Maybe Ryan can shed more light on this. The events in Pre Rebirth Aphrodite IX series, did they happen as depicted in the series? Did they not happen at all? Or is it a mix between the two

Continuity, continuity. Is Artifacts the same continuity as the Rebirths / is Aphrodite IV in Artifacts the same as Aphrodite IV in Cyberforce Rebirth? What about the multiple Witchblade series and the Darkness books? If I could find them, would it be beneficial to read the old Aphrodite IX and Cyberforce titles? Is there a change in character personalities from the originals to the rebirths?
    Thanks!

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by JVillain View Post
    The dot on Aphrodite's face was/is a synaptic neural interface between her and her handler Burch. When Aphrodite was brought out of stasis, Burch was also brought out of stasis and hence how she was slaved. I would think that the other IX's also having the dots means they also have handlers, and also can be slaved. It's just that at this point we don't know who they are or where they are. Probably in stasis somewhere. Which begs the question if Francesca created the IX's to rule why create them to be slaved also?
    The synaptic interface is how the IXs transfer their consciousness between bodies at point of death. This was likely a "special gift" that the chairwoman gave to Aphrodite alone, otherwise Hades and Ares would have been slaved during the experiment to "contain the light" in IXth Generation #3 but instead displayed independence and emotion. The Slave mode was probably meant to condition Aphrodite so that the Chairwoman could then switch bodies, she'd then have disposed of Burch like she sealed away Hope when she'd served her purpose.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningmax View Post
    All companies supply previously published scripts for try outs. There are several reasons for this: 1) as mentioned, there are no spoilers. 2) The published book can use as reference for script questions the artist might have. 3) The company has a point of comparison for every other artist who does the script. 4) It allows a point of comparison for the artists themselves "I have to do better than the guy they published".
    Thank you for answering!

All-New Member

Thanks for answering. I was thinking that the winners artwork would/could be published so it wouldn't necessarily be for nothing.

Hey Guys,
    I am shamelessly going to plug myself in here because Sunday is my blogging day and I am talking about the process/method I am using as I study the characters from IX Generation. There might be some helpful tips in here for some of you writers, if not, just ignore it and pretend none of this happened.
    http://comicsbynico.com/2015/11/08/character-study/

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningmax View Post
    1)Yes.
    2)Ryan?
    Matt answered my question on Twitter, thanks!

Seems I'm unable to take part, darn.

You've mentioned in the rules that this story must be self-contained, not a set up for an arc. Now that I'm about halfway done, I find myself curious. Does this mean that it can't make any real changes? That the end has to leave the universe as it was in the beginning? Deus Ex Machina and all that? Or is our story allowed to make a change to the status quo, so long as it is all handled within the single script.

For instance, the formation of a new alliance?

Quick question. Millarworld is also running a talent hunt that ends this month.

Would I be disqualified for consideration in the this talent hunt if, by some miracle, I won both of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackie Magpie View Post
    Quick question. Millarworld is also running a talent hunt that ends this month.

Would I be disqualified for consideration in the this talent hunt if, by some miracle, I won both of them?
    If you win, Millarworld pays Marvel and DC starter rates for a writer or an artist. All of the source material is either published by Image Comics or Icon Comics--an imprint publisher for Marvel. Winning the talent hunt itself may not disqualify you, but if you've done work for either of these companies, then you can't participate. Since Millarworld will notify the winners on December 23rd, then I assume that you will have done work for one of these companies before May 15th 2016, which would disqualify you.

All-New Member

I have a few questions about the IXth Generation society because I'm not really clear on how the XVs live.

So there are XVs that are cyborgs and genetically altered humans that live in each city, correct?
    Do the XVs live normal lives like the humans or do they just do what the IX tells them?
    Do the XVs all look like their IX counterpart?
    Can they travel between cities or are they confined to their respective one?